Tips about weekly tasks

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
ErinPW

Tips about weekly tasks

Post by ErinPW »

There is a new topic with up to date infos: Weekly Quests - Tips and Solutions

Usually the headline of the goals exactly shows what our sims should do. The text below often causes confusion, but includes hints, if a goal is not completed as expected. If the game is played with another language, the translation may also cause confusion. (It might help to change the language within the game for a moment.) For some goals the times aren't mentioned correct.

For the German version there is an article at Akshaya's inofficial Sims FreePlay guide -Translating mistakes, Stumbling Blocks and complicated goals.
Für die deutsche Spielversion gibt es einen Artikel in Akshayas inoffiziellem Sims FreiSpiel Guide:
Schwierige Aufgaben in der wöchentlichen Quest

Here are some goals, which I found complicated.
----
Make Tai Chi at park Go to the park, tap your sim and choose Tai Chi
Reach Nirwana Go to the park, tap your sim and choose Reach Nirvana
Make Tai Chi at park at 7.00 (p.m.)
You can either start at 7.01 p.m., according to my experience the goal completes immediately,
or follow Palmjill's experience:
Palmjill wrote:You need to finish the goal at 7 pm ie. start at 6 pm. You get an hours' leeway so start anytime between 6 and 7. Remember you have to see your sim complete the action at the right time too.
Or try both, and see which way works for you :)

----
Watch a movie at midnight
This goal will be completed at midnight (between 12.01 am and 12.59 am)
----
Edit according to Perturbee's post below:
(Face-)slap a sim: works only with nemesis status
Fake handshake a sim: works only with enemy status

Make a fake handslap with another sim. (Sorry, I don't know whether the wording is correct)
I found this action by random for a Game Center goal, which asked for an enemy.
It can be done between two sims, who don't like each other and we have to be rude, if we want to see this (un)social action.

----
Have a toddler in a kiddie pool. There are two goals, one asks for the kiddie pool at the swimming center, the other for the kiddie pool at home.
In case you don't have a toddler: Both can be completed with a preteen.
----
Relax in a poolchair. First I've sent my sim in an inflatable chair in the pool, but
this goal is finished with a pool recliner.

There is another goal, which asks for the inflatable chair, but it's mentioned clear
----
Have 6 sims a nap. Hint in text: „Time for siesta“
This works from 12.01 pm until (I'm not sure about 3.00 pm, I haven't been patient enough to wait^^)
Edit Oct. 19th 2017: This task may complete at any time now.

Plant Garlic between 8pm and 6am (Edit dec. 17)
Completes at the beginning, if you start at 6.01pm (6.38 also works)
It also completes at the end, if you visit your sim when he's done with planting between the mentioned times.
More infos for this goal are on page 5 of this thread, posts from Palmjill, calleighwolfe and me, dec. 6 until dec. 17.

Edit 26 March 2014:
Changes at social goals with "Life dreams" update.
Become Nemesis
Date a sim
If you send a sim, who has the required relationship either at a neighbor's town or in your own town, these goals should complete instantly.
______
May/June 2015
New with the Dream Homes update
Make a sim hibernate In my game this did not complete with a baby nor with a toddler.
The sim had to be at least a preteen.
______
April 2016

Seriously Swing
Open the textbox and read the hint. In my game this task has to be done at the mall.

Submit a creation to the Firemonkeys There is no need to actually do that! The task completes as soon as you tap the real estate sign. After that you'll get a second pop up for the terms of service. If you don't want to submit your creation you can tap "no".
If you miss the sign, send a sim to work at the Real Estate Agency; the sign will then show up next to the postbox.

Max out needs, inspire a sim. Note: Whatever you do to complete this task, it may not work if you try it with a sim that is inspired by Rainbow Cake slices.
Apparently this goal doesn't work if we just inspire any sim. At least one need has to be really down. The easiest way is to drop down the hygiene until the sim has the ugly green cloud arround. So, have a sim kick a trash can and pick up the dirt or send him into a dirty pool until he's "stinky". Then max out all the needs until he's pretty sparkling.

Oct. 2017
Take single photo at the mall
Choose „Use photo booth“
Last edited by ErinPW on 23 May 2018, 09:10, edited 28 times in total.
Reason: Added link to new topic and closed this one.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Re: Tips about goals

Post by ErinPW »

Some general infos about how goals are working at SFP

Time- and daytime related goals usually complete at the beginning.

E.g. Watch a movie at midnight
E.g. Make TaiChi at 7.00 pm (Start the task between 7 pm and 8 pm)

Except:
"Go fishing between 6 pm and 12 am" and
"Catch a ghost between 6 am and 12 pm"

Goals that require flammable baked goods, now also complete if the cake caught fire. So we don't need to bake more than one cake for one goal.

Goals which require more than 1 sim complete at the beginning.

E.g. Have 6 sims hibernate.

Send a sim to work with low hygiene requires only one sim, but completes at the beginning :)

If you have found more exceptions, please post them below :)

**edits according to Palmjill
Edit Dec. 17, plant garlic moved to the opening post.

Edit Nov. 6, 2014 - added exceptions
Last edited by ErinPW on 26 Mar 2014, 10:23, edited 14 times in total.
iOS 17.3.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Not difficult, but possibly good to know:

Send a sim to work with low hygiene:
Kick the trash can and clean up again a few times, or send your sim into a dirty pool until his hygiene bar goes red.

Let your pets find 10 treasures:
Treasures from ghost hunting and designer inspiration count for this goals, too.

Let 1 sim move in.
Most of my couples are not married. So I call a sim to a friend and ask him to move in. A few moments later I call him to his actually home, and let him move back again.

Edit June 2nd 2015
The following goal didn't work that way in my game in the Dream Homes update. My sim had to do the deep sleep. But you can try this anyway, as the power snooze only takes a few minutes :)
For the weekly goal
Deep sleep let a preteen have a power snooze.
Tip from miffi fiffi in this post
Last edited by ErinPW on 02 Jun 2015, 09:13, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Added in changes
iOS 17.3.1

Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dilly »

Fabulous Erin, Thank you! :D
Some of the goals CAN be puzzling :?
Niney
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Niney »

ErinPW wrote:Not difficult, but possibly good to know:

Send a sim to work with low hygiene:
Kick the trash can and clean up again a few times, or send your sim into a dirty pool until his hygiene bar goes red.

Let your pets find 10 treasures:
Treasures from ghost hunting and designer inspiration care counting for this goals, too.

Let 1 sim move in.
Most of my couples are not married. So I call a sim to a friend and ask him to move in. A few moments later I call him to his actually home, and let him move back again.

Another quick way to get low hygiene is to shake your iPad, it makes your Sim sick :cry:
Don't attempt if you have a weak stomach.....
GC ID: <Niney>
Facebook: Caroline.ross.161
HFN-3 West Oceanside
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Thanks, Dilly :)
You're right, sometimes goals can be puzzling.

@ Niney, if my sims are sick, I'm getting sick, too. That's why I didn't mention this ;)
iOS 17.3.1

Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Thank you for this, Erin!
ErinPW wrote: Make a fake handslap with another sim. (Sorry, I don't know whether the wording is correct)
I found this action by random for a Game Center goal, which asked for an enemy.
It can be done between two sims, who don't like each other and we have to be rude, if we want to see this (un)social action.

There are two goals alike. Your translation looks like a mix of these two:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Perturbee wrote:Thank you for this, Erin!
[snip]
There are two goals alike. Your translation looks like a mix of these two:
You're welcome! Hope this topic will help many simmers :)

Thanks for the correct wording for these goals. My translation really looks like a mix and could cause more confusion than being a help ^^
The one I meant is "Fake handshake", but I'll put both into my post.
iOS 17.3.1

Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

About the Bake an apple pie between 6-9 am for a neighbour, you can start before 6 am, but you need to collect the pie after 6 am and before 9 am for it to count.

As for baking goals in your own town, you can start the goal anytime earlier and leave the baked goods there. It does not matter if you access the house, just don't click on it until the goal comes up (if you keep track of your own goals). For flammable baked goods, you need the completed product for it to count so bake plenty of banana bread, rocky road, donuts and hopefully one will not catch fire. Then again you can bake 10 rocky roads overnight and see them all burn!

For the planting goals the outcome does not matter, whether you get the plant or the sim eating plant. However if you start the goal early you must not click on that particular sim/house before the goal comes up as it is considered used up even if you leave the plant alone and not click on it.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

For doing pirouette (9hr) at neighbor town, you can do it at either community center or neighbor house (although it says at community center)

However, for doing extensive pirouette (1 day) at own town, it must be at the community center as per what the goal mentioned.