Tips about weekly tasks

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Tips about weekly tasks (updated april 2016)

Post by mudgenie »

I just got this new one:
Admire the zen stone at the Sim health spa
You have to build the Spa to be able to do this task, of course I don't have one built right now. Figures. :|
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mudgenie wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 16:56 I just got this new one:
You have to build the Spa to be able to do this task, of course I don't have one built right now. Figures. :|
This is the first time we have to have a special home for a weekly task. Hope, there won‘t show up other tasks which require a certain home. Many players would have to tear down houses which were built with much effort.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 09:06
This is the first time we have to have a special home for a weekly task. Hope, there won‘t show up other tasks which require a certain home. Many players would have to tear down houses which were built with much effort.
Yes, there are several templates I chose not to build, or built and tore down (the party house.) Fortunately, when I was assigned this task some weeks ago, I had built the spa because I liked the river and waterfall, demolished the house, and built my own. I still wishe we could remove the benches in the middle of the lot.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

In the last couple of months, I have noticed a really wide range in the number of tasks each week. This week, I had 16 but they were fairly short. Other weeks, i’ve had as few as 6 but they were generally longer. I’m wondering if there is a time or XP target or if it is just random...I know there are players out there who pay much more attention to detail than I do!
It used to seem that each task was worth the same % regardless of the time it took to complete.
Updated town info in profile
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 20 Oct 2017, 15:18 In the last couple of months, I have noticed a really wide range in the number of tasks each week. This week, I had 16 but they were fairly short. Other weeks, i’ve had as few as 6 but they were generally longer. I’m wondering if there is a time or XP target or if it is just random...I know there are players out there who pay much more attention to detail than I do!
It used to seem that each task was worth the same % regardless of the time it took to complete.
Within the last 7 weeks I got 9 up to 28 tasks. The 28 tasks included one with 4 hours and one with 9 hours, the others took less than an hour/each. I also think there must be a target so that it‘s always possible to complete the tasks every week, but I didn‘t keep track of the percentage.
iOS 17.3.1

Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

:? 28!! :?
Updated town info in profile
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 20 Oct 2017, 19:15:? 28!! :?
I don‘t think I ever had that many tasks for one key. But they were done in less than 24 hours, so I could conentrate on other things for the rest of the week :)
iOS 17.3.1

mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

I noticed that there were a lot more tasks too. I've been keeping track of them to see if they are randomn or not. It hasn't been long enough to tell.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mudgenie wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 05:25 I noticed that there were a lot more tasks too. I've been keeping track of them to see if they are randomn or not. It hasn't been long enough to tell.
I‘m doing pretty much the same, but for a different reason.

Since JaneRoettinger posted here that she didn‘t get time related tasks for a while, I‘m watching out for them. Last week I got the task „Make 6 sims have a nap.“ which used to complete between 12 and 3 pm (siesta time). This time it completed at 8 pm. But to me it‘s still too early to say, those tasks have gone at all.
iOS 17.3.1

garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

Wish I had seen this. I got this task too and had to skip it. Was twiddling my thumbs waiting for days waiting on new architect homes and could have built this one while I waited.
Level 55!
GC: garishplum