Tips about weekly tasks

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
CellarDoor
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Tips about goals

Post by CellarDoor »

Just wondering if we know anything yet about the "new" Ghost Hunters quest line and its goals? I can't find a list of goals posted anywhere on the internet.

After the update, it seems like it's available at level 20, not 23. That's a nice change. I just started it, but I'm concerned (because of glitches others are posting about) that I won't be able to complete it in time to get the haunted house.

Guess I'll have to wait out this 18hr 30 minute "Hide in the Park Toilet" goal to see... By the way, it doesn't auto-complete like other quests that have the goal of the same name. I'd also like to get a start on my snow park [spoiler=]for the seniors quest [/spoiler], but that's a looooong building time, so I hoped to know if I'd need to build anything for the Ghost Hunters quest before I start it.
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

In our french forum, you can find list of goals for all the quests, even Ghost Hunting. :)

Here is the link : http://luniversims.com/index.php/page/i ... fantomes-r

It's french, but Google translate could help you.... ;)
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
CellarDoor
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CellarDoor »

Bagatelle, you are wonderful! This is exactly what I needed for the Ghost Hunters quest. That's a LOT of loooong goals. Now I know not to slack off and to save up some LPs for rushing in case I do. Thank you for the French forum link!
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

You're welcome. :)
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)

mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

I have a question. I have already completed my goals for the week with two days to spare. I normally keep doing them anyway just for something to do. However it is wanting me to do 3 sims read encyclopedias and t hat takes a lot of time. If I ignore it will it still be there when the new batch starts? Is there a benefit to doing it since Ive already earned the key?

Thanks-- Christine
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

mommacude wrote:I have a question. I have already completed my goals for the week with two days to spare. I normally keep doing them anyway just for something to do. However it is wanting me to do 3 sims read encyclopedias and t hat takes a lot of time. If I ignore it will it still be there when the new batch starts? Is there a benefit to doing it since Ive already earned the key?

Thanks-- Christine
You are on the new update? If so, I would definitely not do them, as there is really no advantage other than banishing boredom. :D

I stopped doing those goals on the old update, also, once I got the key for the week. I decided they weren't worth it once I had gotten the key, even in the old version of the game. Now, it's a form of suicide (joking! I'm not that serious, but I haven't done a weekly goal since the update, and am not earning any keys now, on the Life Dreams update.)
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

mommacude wrote:I have a question. I have already completed my goals for the week with two days to spare. I normally keep doing them anyway just for something to do. However it is wanting me to do 3 sims read encyclopedias and t hat takes a lot of time. If I ignore it will it still be there when the new batch starts? Is there a benefit to doing it since Ive already earned the key?
If you've completed your weekly quest, there's no point in doing any more goals until your next week starts, at which point the goal will remain the same.

So, for best results, start reading your encyclopaedia 2 minutes and 59 seconds before your new week starts - if it finishes after your new week starts, it will be counted towards you next batch of goals.

As blackbrit said however, I don't see any point in the mystery box anymore. If you're in the early stages of the game it's nice, but once you've saved up a bit of money and a few LP, it's not really worth it, especially now that every action takes off time from a sim's life!
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

HordePrime wrote:
If you've completed your weekly quest, there's no point in doing any more goals until your next week starts, at which point the goal will remain the same.

So, for best results, start reading your encyclopaedia 2 minutes and 59 seconds before your new week starts - if it finishes after your new week starts, it will be counted towards you next batch of goals.

As blackbrit said however, I don't see any point in the mystery box anymore. If you're in the early stages of the game it's nice, but once you've saved up a bit of money and a few LP, it's not really worth it, especially now that every action takes off time from a sim's life!
I've never thought of beginning action before the new week goals starts !! A good tip ! Thanks ! :)

I'm not sûre it's not interesting at all even with the update to do weekly goals.... You can earn 40 or more LP in a 10 key box, enough to slow down aging...
But I don't know if it's a good calculation...

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Thanks-- Christine
Goals that require more than one sime, usually complete right after the last sim has started the task. Then you can cancel the tasks and let them do something else :)

My key goals remained, although I get a notification about "exciting new goals" every week.

I always let my sims work for the key goals, if it matches my plans, but I ignored the keys.
Suddenly^^ I had 20 keys :o I decided to use them and got more than 60 LPs from each Fortune box :D
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

ErinPW wrote: I always let my sims work for the key goals, if it matches my plans, but I ignored the keys.
So did I ! :P
ErinPW wrote: Suddenly^^ I had 20 keys :o I decided to use them and got more than 60 LPs from each Fortune box :D
You reminded me to havé a look at my game and... I havé 23 keys to use ! It is a lot of time of saving/reloading process for me (to get what i want in the boxes) :lol:
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)