Tips about weekly tasks

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Tips about goals

Post by penlopej »

I stopped using the key goals with the new update. I am too impatient to wait 10 weeks for the "bonanza" payout (except once). Now I find it more productive to use my free sims to do hobbies so that I can get LP's. I still have quite a lot of LP's from the reindeer glitch but with this update you can never have too many!
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

I've been working the Death update for several days now, and I'd say doing the goals is very worthwhile.

There is plenty of time (with the better life goal tasks) to earn an orb, and have a normal Sim life, especially if you start the life dream from a toddler.

There are regular LP rewards for certain goals, and there are LPs for getting to milestones in the weekly tasks. If you use the time zone change, some time specific goals complete instantly, and the goals to get more than one Sim to do a task are also instantaneous. I ALWAYS cancel a goal once the reward has been given. With the life timer ticking, there's an incentive to save the Sims precious minutes, and you can get the same Sim to do several tasks, without losing too much of their life.

My last 10 key reward had over 50 LPs, so I was happy with that too.
Game Centre Name: neildf
ldmcp
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by ldmcp »

Hello, I've been playing The Sims Freeplay for a few days now and am onto the task in level 6 - make two Sims friends. The only problem is, because I've been actively playing, my Sims are already all good friends.

Do I just need to pick two and make them forget each other by not interacting, or making them fall out and then rekindling their friendship? Or am I better off just adding another Sim? Would this affect further tasks?
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

ldmcp wrote:Hello, I've been playing The Sims Freeplay for a few days now and am onto the task in level 6 - make two Sims friends. The only problem is, because I've been actively playing, my Sims are already all good friends.

Do I just need to pick two and make them forget each other by not interacting, or making them fall out and then rekindling their friendship? Or am I better off just adding another Sim? Would this affect further tasks?
Welcome to the forum!
Most people who reach level 6 and do the goals will have 4-5 Sims in town. The goals aren't based on level, they have a specific order of appearance. There are quests which appear at certain levels, but they are clearly indicated. The first one you should encounter is "Love is in the Air" about now on level 6 (unless you started playing with a money/LP cheated save game). The list of the order of these quests is in the main forum here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=232 You'll also find the quest details.

As for your predicament, there is no right or wrong way. It's a "strategic" decision.

Adding a Sim now, means you'll have to add one more later on for the tutorial goals. If I remember correctly, the goal "Get x Sims in town" or something is the end of the mandatory adding of Sims. (I think it was 4 Sims and then the next task is to have them dance at a stereo). I'm not sure if it is a negative effect to add one now and having to add more during the goals.

Making them fall out is probably a better option, and a bit faster (and cheaper) than building a new house to add a Sim.

There is also a third alternative. Deleting a Sim through "Browse Clothes" with a wardrobe, then adding another one using the now unoccupied house.

I hope this helps.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

While the Dream Homes update
Yesterday the weekly goal "Make a sim hibernate" showed up in my game.
It didn't complete with a baby, nor with a toddler :(
Then I tested the other age groups. The goal completed with a preteen, teen and adult. I can't check with a senior, as I don't have one. But I guess, it will work too.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

I have my babies always hibernating unless I get a goal to do something with them and yeah the hibernate goal didn't work with my babies. So annoying. I don't know why they'd change that.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

JKCher wrote:I have my babies always hibernating unless I get a goal to do something with them and yeah the hibernate goal didn't work with my babies. So annoying. I don't know why they'd change that.
I don't understand this either. If the little cuties can do the task, they should get the reward, right?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

ErinPW wrote:
JKCher wrote:I have my babies always hibernating unless I get a goal to do something with them and yeah the hibernate goal didn't work with my babies. So annoying. I don't know why they'd change that.
I don't understand this either. If the little cuties can do the task, they should get the reward, right?
Exactly!
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Christmas 2015 Update - Changes

Post by Rosie »

Since the infants can crawl update, how do we get them to go into the pool with their mom? It's on my weekly tasks and I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks! :)
mockingbird288z

Re: Christmas 2015 Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie wrote:Since the infants can crawl update, how do we get them to go into the pool with their mom? It's on my weekly tasks and I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks! :)
Are you sure the task is asking for infants? I know toddlers can be taken into the pool but I don't think babies can. Least I just tried many times and couldn't get it to work.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update