Tips about weekly tasks

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Tips about goals

Post by enkeli63 »

ErinPW wrote: Some time ago this happened with the smoked pork, but since our sim is standing in front of the BBQ most of the time, I didn't check. Today I have checked the grill 'em all without goal.
My sims use the next chair and table, no matter whether its in- or outside (possibly they don't use it, if its too far away) The BBQs are 2-star items, the time starts with 6.30 hours, the time my sim was standing in front of the BBQ was less than a minute.

Start without furniture
- time at BBQ shows 6.30 hours - standing while eating -> time changed to 8 hours

Using a 1-star chair
- time at BBQ shows 6.30 hours - sitting while eating -> time changed to 8 hours

Using a 2-star chair
- time at BBQ shows 6.30 hours - sitting while eating -> same time like the BBQ, 6.30 hours

Using a 3-star chair
- time at BBQ shows 6.30 hours - sitting while eating -> time changed to 5 hours

So the game does not get the mix up of 1-, 2- and three star items for this goal. At least with having a 2-star chair at a table near the BBQ the goal should complete as aspected.
The time to complete the task actually changes when you click on the sim? For me, the timer on the sim went all the way down to 0 seconds remaining and that's why I thought the task was glitched when it would not complete. If the timer on the sim had changed, I'd probably have thought I messed up my math or something. This is an odd situation, but nonetheless, I will try to make room for a nice chair near the barbecue for the future :) Thank you so much for the details you shared!!
Facebook: Enkeli Hawk
#1 & #2 Firehouse Road: Haunted House & Neighbors' House
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
#2 Museum Boulevard has dog with Frisbee
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

enkeli63 wrote: The time to complete the task actually changes when you click on the sim? For me, the timer on the sim went all the way down to 0 seconds remaining and that's why I thought the task was glitched when it would not complete. If the timer on the sim had changed, I'd probably have thought I messed up my math or something. This is an odd situation, but nonetheless, I will try to make room for a nice chair near the barbecue for the future :) Thank you so much for the details you shared!!
You're welcome :)
The time changed when I taped my sim right after he began to eat / sat down and eat. Then the timer went down as usual with the changed time. Then I cancelled the action, because I wanted Robert for another task :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by enkeli63 »

So for practice Tai Chi in the park at 7pm does your sim need to start at 7 pm or finish at?? I started at like 6:58 pm because I thought he needed to be doing it at 7 pm. That goal is just not very clear. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it worked, but I was quite confused about how to do that one.
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

enkeli63 wrote:So for practice Tai Chi in the park at 7pm does your sim need to start at 7 pm or finish at??
I think it's start. But it allows you a margin of error, so starting it at say 7:10 should work too.
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by enkeli63 »

HordePrime wrote:
enkeli63 wrote:So for practice Tai Chi in the park at 7pm does your sim need to start at 7 pm or finish at??
I think it's start. But it allows you a margin of error, so starting it at say 7:10 should work too.
Unfortunately it didn't count starting just before 7 pm. I think I'll spend LP to skip it rather than wait 24 hours to try again. I hate these specific time goals :roll:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

enkeli63 wrote:
HordePrime wrote:
Unfortunately it didn't count starting just before 7 pm. I think I'll spend LP to skip it rather than wait 24 hours to try again. I hate these specific time goals :roll:
There are some "general rules" for our goals. They are mentioned in the second post of this thread, also a few exceptions, which I've found. This might help for future goals :)

The German TaiChi at 7 is mentioned completely wrong. There is shown 7 a.m., also the text shows, that it should be done in the morning. This does not help, but might give a bit comfort :)
iOS 17.4.1

Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

enkeli63 wrote:
HordePrime wrote:
You need to finish the goal at 7 pm ie. start at 6 pm. You get an hours' leeway so start anytime between 6 and 7. Remember you have to see your sim complete the action at the right time too.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Palmjill wrote:[snip]
You need to finish the goal at 7 pm ie. start at 6 pm. You get an hours' leeway so start anytime between 6 and 7. Remember you have to see your sim complete the action at the right time too.
Nope. I had this goal a few days before. It completed with start a few minutes past 7 p.m.
iOS 17.4.1

Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

ErinPW wrote:
Palmjill wrote:[snip]
Nope. I had this goal a few days before. It completed with start a few minutes past 7 p.m.
Great, nice to know there's an easier way to complete this goal! I have been doing it the other way for over a year now :lol:
Will give your method a go the next time the goal pops up.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Thanks for tips. Just read thru new parts (for me) of this that I'd not read before
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll: