Tips about weekly tasks

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
ErinPW

Re: Tips about goals

Post by ErinPW » 15 Nov 2013, 00:21

HordePrime wrote:
hiser1974 wrote:Thanks for the tips regarding the bbq and goals.
I had the grill'em all goal. It was done on a free bbq and my sims went to sit at a picnic table to eat.
After 6:30H to goal seemed stuck on 0s remaining.
Then I remembered this thread, reread it and let it go for another 90m, so 8H in total. Then the goal did complete 8-)
I've had a similar thing happen after a Preteen eats Microwavable Popcorn.
It works fine with the cheaper microwaves, but with the 3-star one, it seems to take a couple of minutes longer than it says it does to actually finish the goal. - It stays on zero for a while like the BBQ one did. Weird.
If you tap the 3-star microwave, Popcorn should take 9 minutes.
The child Sites down on a 3-star chair, then tap the child, the info box shows a bit less than 9 minutes. It takes a few seconds at the microwave itself, so the time is ok.

If there is a 2-star chair
image.jpg
2-star chair
If there is no chair
image.jpg
No chair is like 1-star
Yes, it's weird. And annoying, because the players don't know what's wrong :( Who would guess, that the time for this task is related to the chair instead of the microwave or grill?
0 x
Chic Boutique 5.39.1
iOS 11.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW » 06 Dec 2013, 00:43

Palmjill wrote:Just finished the goal plant garlic between 8pm and 6am. Unlike before the goal does NOT complete on starting between those 2 times. Rather you need to finish planting between those 2 times. I actually started planting just after 12 noon and completed the goal just after 8 pm.
Yesterday I had a strange experience with this goal .... I sent Emma to plant garlic at 6.01pm with the option to finish with an LP. The goal completed immediately :o

If any player gets this goal, s/he should give it a try, if s/he can. But, to be on the save side, send 1 sim at after 12 noon, too :)
0 x
Chic Boutique 5.39.1
iOS 11.4.1

Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill » 06 Dec 2013, 00:47

ErinPW wrote:
Palmjill wrote:Just finished the goal plant garlic between 8pm and 6am. Unlike before the goal does NOT complete on starting between those 2 times. Rather you need to finish planting between those 2 times. I actually started planting just after 12 noon and completed the goal just after 8 pm.
Yesterday I had a strange experience with this goal .... I sent Emma to plant garlic at 6.01pm with the option to finish with an LP. The goal completed immediately :o

If any player gets this goal, s/he should give it a try, if s/he can. But, to be on the save side, send 1 sim at after 12 noon, too :)
Was it 6.01 pm or 8.01pm? Anyway looks like they might have changed it! Will definitely try it out.
0 x
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW » 06 Dec 2013, 00:53

It was 6.01 pm. I had to look several times, because I couldn't believe it :lol:
0 x
Chic Boutique 5.39.1
iOS 11.4.1

Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill » 06 Dec 2013, 01:36

ErinPW wrote:It was 6.01 pm. I had to look several times, because I couldn't believe it :lol:
Thanks, Erin. Very strange indeed. Will try a random time next time the goal pops up :lol:
0 x

calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe » 16 Dec 2013, 21:52

I wish I had read this this morning :lol: , this is my next goal, it's 5:20 pm and I was just waiting for it to be 8:00pm or so xD.

Oh well, I'll start right now xD. It's gonna finish during night anyways xD.

ETA: Oh wait! But I won't be up before 6am so it won't complete right? :( *sighs* I have to wait until tomorrow :(
0 x
calleighwolfe at Game Center.
Please mention the Sims in your request.
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
I don't accept game challenges.

Level 55. TV: 109,895,337
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Hair Today... Update

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW » 16 Dec 2013, 22:12

calleighwolfe wrote:
I wish I had read this this morning :lol: , this is my next goal, it's 5:20 pm and I was just waiting for it to be 8:00pm or so xD.

ETA: Oh wait! But I won't be up before 6am so it won't complete right? :( *sighs* I have to wait until tomorrow :(
Can you give it a try a little bit past 6 pm? If you read a few posts above yours, in my game this goal completed immediately at that time, when it showed up a few days ago. It's weird, but worth a try, I think :)
0 x
Chic Boutique 5.39.1
iOS 11.4.1

calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe » 16 Dec 2013, 23:16

ErinPW wrote:
calleighwolfe wrote:

Can you give it a try a little bit past 6 pm? If you read a few posts above yours, in my game this goal completed immediately at that time, when it showed up a few days ago. It's weird, but worth a try, I think :)
I totally did it and it worked! :D. It completed at 18:38, right when I started it :D. Thanks!!!
0 x
calleighwolfe at Game Center.
Please mention the Sims in your request.
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
I don't accept game challenges.

Level 55. TV: 109,895,337
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Hair Today... Update

Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill » 17 Dec 2013, 01:14

ErinPW wrote: Can you give it a try a little bit past 6 pm? If you read a few posts above yours, in my game this goal completed immediately at that time, when it showed up a few days ago. It's weird, but worth a try, I think :)
I actually tried it at a random time (can't remember when but before 6 pm) and it did not work. So the magic time seems to be after 6pm ;)
0 x

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW » 17 Dec 2013, 10:32

calleighwolfe wrote:
ErinPW wrote:
I totally did it and it worked! :D. It completed at 18:38, right when I started it :D. Thanks!!!
You're very welcome! Happy, it worked :)

Palmjill wrote:
ErinPW wrote: Can you give it a try a little bit past 6 pm? If you read a few posts above yours, in my game this goal completed immediately at that time, when it showed up a few days ago. It's weird, but worth a try, I think :)
I actually tried it at a random time (can't remember when but before 6 pm) and it did not work. So the magic time seems to be after 6pm ;)
Obviously the time "between 8pm and 6am" is not mentioned correct. I guess, it should be "between 6pm and 8am" or "between 6pm and 6am"
There are several goals in my (german) game where the times are mixed up. I never thought this could have happen in english games, too :o
0 x
Chic Boutique 5.39.1
iOS 11.4.1