[Cooking] how to make lots of lp, simoleans with ease

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Summerdream314
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [Cooking] how to make lots of lp, simoleans with ease

Post by Summerdream314 »

Hi, thanks all for the great advice. I have a question, which hobbies are you giving up to have all of these cooks? I have one sim just hanging out in each hobby at the max. Should I not be doing it this way. I am at lv33 but am just at the adult quest.
Thanks
December 2015

HFN & Christmas Home: 21West Street (Starter House)
Wizard & Witch House: 3 Firehouse Road & Room in basement of Starter
Haunted House: 1 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Summerdream314 wrote:Hi, thanks all for the great advice. I have a question, which hobbies are you giving up to have all of these cooks? I have one sim just hanging out in each hobby at the max. Should I not be doing it this way. I am at lv33 but am just at the adult quest.
Thanks
Each player is different, some people like to have one sim at max on every hobby and others don't. I am one of the latter. Once I get a sim maxed out on a hobby and/or complete the gird to unlock everything I switch them to a new hobby. There isn't a necessity to have a sim on max at every level, it's just a preference thing.

The only time it would help to have a sim at max level is if they add more levels to the hobby but it's been almost 2 years since they last did that.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Summerdream314
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Summerdream314 »

Thanks so much for the reply
December 2015

HFN & Christmas Home: 21West Street (Starter House)
Wizard & Witch House: 3 Firehouse Road & Room in basement of Starter
Haunted House: 1 Firehouse Road
SimmerSim
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by SimmerSim »

You need to reset the cooking items
But you do not need to reset the sims hobby back to lv 1
I eared 100Lp in less then a week
For me it takes 30 minutes to 1 hour to compleat it with only 4 people in 1 house
Hope this helps bye :P
mockingbird288z

SimmerSim wrote:You need to reset the cooking items
But you do not need to reset the sims hobby back to lv 1
I eared 100Lp in less then a week
For me it takes 30 minutes to 1 hour to compleat it with only 4 people in 1 house
Hope this helps bye :P
While you don't need to reset the sims hobby back to level 1 doing so is actually another way to earn LPs. After the first sim reaches level 6 for any hobby any sim who gets to level 6 is rewarded with 1 LP. So while you are working on getting LPs by completing the cooking hobby grid your sims can level up and when they get to level 6, get 1 LP. The cooking hobby levels up pretty quickly, too.
FreePlayFan24
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Easy Way to Get Money and LPs!

Post by FreePlayFan24 »

I found that if you have multiple sims cooking cheese and toast at the same time you are more likely to get the five LPs in less time than any other hobby, plus the money and XP you get from each set. Easy way to level up too.
mockingbird288z

Re: Easy Way to Get Money and LPs!

FreePlayFan24 wrote:I found that if you have multiple sims cooking cheese and toast at the same time you are more likely to get the five LPs in less time than any other hobby, plus the money and XP you get from each set. Easy way to level up too.
I've moved your post to the existing topic about the cooking hobby. :)
Savage_Xeno
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Savage_Xeno »

Made about 70 LP (including 10 LP from resetting then reaching max level on the hobby) yesterday with 10 Sims... But I spent most of it on constructing mall stores, buying a baby, buying a cake, completing the first row of the make-up artist hobby, and completing the baby and birthday cake lol. I blow through so much LP it's not even funny. The day before I made around the same and spent it all on SP plants. I've made about 20 LP today and yup that's gone too, made sim bake a birthday cake again among other things, need 5 more for another birthday cake so I can age my only Toddler to a Teen so they can basically take care of themselves.

I think after that I'm gonna set some boundaries for myself, save up around 1000 LP so I can breeze through the last 5 quests... Level 37 and not even done with the Teen Idol quest. Oh well. :lol:

I'm just dreading what's to come after the Life, Dreams, and Legacies quest. I'll have to switch my focus from LP farming to getting Platinum Orbs to prevent my Sims from aging.

Anyway went off on a tangent there. Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in a thread but if you have one toaster facing the wall and have the rest of your sims working on the cooking Hobby then you only need that one toaster instead of ten.

Anyway great tips, probably the best way to make LP.
Nicklm2016
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Nicklm2016 »

Had a read of this thread and it sounds great. However, as I do this I'm getting tonnes of XP but very little in the way of Simoleons and LP's.

I've got a a room full of sims continually making Cheese & Tomato on toast.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Nicklm2016 wrote:Had a read of this thread and it sounds great. However, as I do this I'm getting tonnes of XP but very little in the way of Simoleons and LP's.

I've got a a room full of sims continually making Cheese & Tomato on toast.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
You need to have one sim complete all the ranks. Put one to the stove and one for cleanup until that one sim has completed the grid and ranked up to level 6 (you may have to fill the grid twice, because the first time you get the cutting boards as a reward for completing the grid, not LP.)

Once you have unlocked the entire grid, you can have 10 sims working together to fill in the grid, and they don't have to be level 6. In fact, once they reach level 6 (and each get an LP for reaching that rank), you can have them do another hobby briefly, then bring them back to cooking. Not only will you get 5 LP for completing each grid, but once they reach level 6 again, they each get an LP (10 LP at once if you have ten sims working on the same lot!).
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.