[Cooking] how to make lots of lp, simoleans with ease

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
mockingbird288z

Re: how to make gobs of lp, simoleans w ease

Post by mockingbird288z »

Qendresa wrote:I can't complete the collection ! I always earn the same things !
What's the highest level of your sim chef? Have they reached level 6 yet?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Qendresa
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Qendresa »

No they are level 3
Qëndresa Selimi
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Qendresa wrote:No they are level 3
Like any hobby your sims need to have unlocked level 6 to fill the grid. After getting at least 1 sim to level 6 any level sim can get any of the items. But until you unlock level 6 you can't fill the grid. Keep having your sims cook the Cheese and Tomato on Toast option until one is level 6. You don't have to have them all cooking right now - it will be more efficient for you to have most of your sims planting or doing something else until you get a sim to level 6 on cooking. Once you get a sim to level 6 you will be able to fill the grid. Put 20 sims on cooking at that point. You will first unlock cutting boards. After that you need to reset your collection and start over to earn 5LP.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

Qendresa wrote:It doesn't work with me ! I played for 30 minutes with 20 sims I didn't receive any LP or money ...I didn't finished a collection either once because when i finish cooking I earn the same thing
I'm pretty sure that if you just use 10 Sims in that room you pictured doing 1-minute cooking you should easily get to level 6 in about 45 minutes or less.
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Simsational wrote:
Qendresa wrote:It doesn't work with me ! I played for 30 minutes with 20 sims I didn't receive any LP or money ...I didn't finished a collection either once because when i finish cooking I earn the same thing
I'm pretty sure that if you just use 10 Sims in that room you pictured doing 1-minute cooking you should easily get to level 6 in about 45 minutes or less.
It's 1 hour 15 mins when starting out fresh (and no Goddess monument) as I posted on page 3 (with picture to show the progress):
Perturbee wrote:With 10 Sims (all cooking level reset beforehand) I earned: § 50,000 and 57 LPs in 1 hour and 15 mins. (That is how long it takes to reach level 6 in Cooking and thus earn the final level 1 LP times 10). Goddess monument doesn't exist in that town, so it's really basic. (I also earned the 100,000 TV and got two levels (each rewarded with 1 LP as well), both are of course welcome rewards for those just starting out).
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [Cooking] how to make lots of lp, simoleans with ease

Post by alsie27 »

This is a good tip - I had been aware that cooking would be a fast way to get LP since cooking toast only takes 1 minute, but I had been very reluctant to try this because I hate cleaning up the plates. But the experiences in the thread convinced me to try. I now have seven Sims doing the cooking and once they're all done, I have each of them clean a plate. This way they don't pile up, which would be annoying. A lot of the time some of them will get the footprints and won't even have to clean the plate, and others will clean fast enough. Then I can just put them back to cooking again.

I rarely have interest to play for several rounds of this, but even checking in on them occasionally and doing a couple of rounds gets me LP and Simoleons faster than with most other hobbies.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

alsie27 wrote:This is a good tip - I had been aware that cooking would be a fast way to get LP since cooking toast only takes 1 minute, but I had been very reluctant to try this because I hate cleaning up the plates. But the experiences in the thread convinced me to try. I now have seven Sims doing the cooking and once they're all done, I have each of them clean a plate. This way they don't pile up, which would be annoying. A lot of the time some of them will get the footprints and won't even have to clean the plate, and others will clean fast enough. Then I can just put them back to cooking again.

I rarely have interest to play for several rounds of this, but even checking in on them occasionally and doing a couple of rounds gets me LP and Simoleons faster than with most other hobbies.
I usually do it that way too. I have a two story lifeboat with five on each floor and fish to inspire them. I try to clean as I go. One thing I just remembered is I need to put back something from another hobby in the boat so I can reset their experience so I get that extra LP every time they level up to the top.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Madlyaddicted »

So if everyone is cooking they all have to be doing that hobby then? I'd given up on ANYONE cooking because I never seemed to get anything other than bacon and eggs. Will get better stoves now to see what happens
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Madlyaddicted wrote:So if everyone is cooking they all have to be doing that hobby then? I'd given up on ANYONE cooking because I never seemed to get anything other than bacon and eggs. Will get better stoves now to see what happens
If you want the other options to come up then you have to add fridges, microwaves, chopping boards etc. if you look under the greyed out pic of the food options then it will tell you what you need for each one, ie, 3star fridge or 2 star microwave.
Hope this helps.

And I love the cooking hobby idea, I've made about 200 LP in a week with it, I lost a load of LP when I did the first grid of that awful xylophone hobby so I'm happy to have made them up again.
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

Perturbee wrote:
It's 1 hour 15 mins when starting out fresh (and no Goddess monument)
My bad! So sorry for my guesswork! :shock:
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC