[Cooking] how to make lots of lp, simoleans with ease

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
plorp
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

[Cooking] how to make lots of lp, simoleans with ease

Post by plorp »

Hello, as a preface, I have been playing for 2-3 weeks now. Im lv39 and still on the teen high school quest (no time limit so no hurry). And I won't spend money on mobile games that are online only platforms. So here's what I came up with for mass free LPs. Note, I'm baffled I see no other guides for this, its so obvious. If there is a tutorial, then sorry lol.

1. Put 10 ovens, toasters in one house.
2 . put 10 Sims in same house and do 1 minute cooking.
3. Do the same for a second house lol.
4. Keep a diving board, workbench, or fashion studio handy to reset Sims hobby once they max on cooking.

So, if u have 2 houses w 20 total Sims doing 1 min cooking, you reset the cooking hobby every 3-5mins. Or 5lp plus 6k ish simoleans Evey 3-5 mins. When a Sim get to lv10 cooker, u reset the hobby and do it all over for an additional lp every 6 hours or so.

And viola! Gobs of free LPs and simoleans. My personal best is 135 lp, 150k per hour.
Last edited by Perturbee on 17 Aug 2015, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title for recognition
plorp
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: how to make gobs of lp, simoleans w ease

Post by plorp »

pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

:lol: This is a great tip, albeit one that veterans/unabashed lurkers know quite well, but I must ask: what do you do with all the plates?! I keep my own set up tame, with only five ovens, so I've patience enough to cancel the plate clearing action with each turnover, but my goodness!! How do you handle the clutter?! Do you demolish the lot when burial by home-cooked toast is imminent?
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I have a couple of Cook houses. Each one can accommodate 10 sims doing the cooking hobby. Each one only has 3 sinks however. I use all 10 sims to clear plates at the same time and find that when all 3 sinks are occupied, they walk up to the plates, they get the blue footprints above their heads and the plates disappear! This worked especially well when seniors used to move slowly and took forever to get to a sink. It only works if the space in front of at least one sink is clear.
I also find the odd time that a sim will take a plate to the dustbin if there's no access to a sink. I wait until I'm pretty cluttered and then do a mass clean up .
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

Your patience is admirable from this seat. :) I just can't stand plates gathering up, and it seems the footprints, minus disappearing act, and the trash bin solution occur for my sims all too often. So I just keep a smaller 'cook house' and cancel each clean up individually. It's not as fast, but since we still haven't finished all the other grids, there's plenty to keep the townspeople busy.

Again, it is a good tip, so I wanted to respond if only to confirm for newer forum viewers. Cooking is an excellent money and value/LP adding hobby, and it is super fast when you've time to tend to to the game! One woman's mess is another woman's joke. :D
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

I want to affirm your tip, too, and add that for those of you, like me, who have a thing about plates on the floor, Sims will use tables when provided. If your space is large enough three tables will do the trick for a crew of 10. Dishes go on tables, and can be cleaned up at leisure, or instantly, depending on your preference.

I find it easier to see the plates when they are on tables, so for me that is another bonus. Leave a space between the tables so as not to slow down the Sims too much. :)

Edit. My bad: 5 tables are needed. Thought I'd better correct this!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Does it matter if they are 1/2/3 star stoves?
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

mommacude wrote:Does it matter if they are 1/2/3 star stoves?
For most recipes you need at least a 2 star stove. Bacon & Eggs can be cooked on a 1 star stove. However the star rating doesn't have any effect on the actual cook time.
Last edited by DelDel on 17 Jul 2015, 04:47, edited 1 time in total.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

mommacude wrote:Does it matter if they are 1/2/3 star stoves?
The Bacon & Eggs dish is the only recipe that you can cook with just a stove. All the other recipes require additional equipment.

In addition to the stove you need:

At least a 1 star toaster for Cheese & Tomato on Toast and the Burgers dish

At least a 1 star microwave for Pizza

At least a 2 star microwave for Chile Con Carne

At least a 1 star chopping board for Spaghetti, Nachos, and Tacos

At least a 2 star fridge for Quiche

3 star fridge for Spicy Tuna Rolls and Roast Beef

At least a 1 star fridge for Chicken Salad
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Thanks guys!! It's working great!! I was able to fiddle with the number of toasters and sinks needed and mostly they put the plates on the counters. Now I can get the teleporter :)

image.jpg
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.