Is there a good order of completing quests?

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Lensky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Is there a good order of completing quests?

Post by Lensky »

Hi! I started playing last month. And I'm now in a dilemma which quests to do first. I'd like to ask if there is a recommended order or something? There just seem to be so many and I don't which ones to do first. I opened the mall because I wanted new clothes and stuff. But I still have a lot like DIY, the toddler, sorcery, northern glade, etc. I didn't do the puppy/kitten when it came out then missed the event that came along with. I'm getting sort of confused now. Hahaha..

Btw, I often see in forum mall update, Christmas update, baby steps update. What does this mean? How do I know if I have them or what I have?

Thanks!
Game Center: lensky117
I'm still working on creating my HFN and everything else
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Is there a good order of completing quests?

Post by Lishws720 »

I just started a new game late last year, between Christmas and New Years. Personally, I think it's more important to finish the regular (timed) quests before starting any of the discovery quests (salsa, nanny, castle, etc). You rank up in the game so quickly at the beginning because it doesn't take much XP to go from level 4 to 5. So, the quests get back-logged. I'm waiting until I finish the Life Dreams & Legacies quest before starting in on the discovery ones. Then you can do the discovery quests at your leisure, without worrying about juggling several sims doing different tasks and possibly missing out on the bonus rewards.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
CountessCrazy
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by CountessCrazy »

Once you finish the lifedreams and legacies the game is different because sims then age and have life orbs. I think it would be better to complete all the quests you can before finishing the lifedreams and legacies quest. A lifedream means they have a purpose in life and to get the orb you have to do what they want to do with their life. If you don't they don't get the orb. Some places on the map are built using life orbs instead of simoleans so you will need them.
Before that I don't think there is much you can do about which quest to complete, they just come up when you finish one.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

CountessCrazy wrote: Before that I don't think there is much you can do about which quest to complete, they just come up when you finish one.
That is true for the main queued quests but the discovery quests that can be found throughout the town can be done in any order.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Lensky wrote: Btw, I often see in forum mall update, Christmas update, baby steps update. What does this mean? How do I know if I have them or what I have?
Those are the names of the different updates. The current one is the Christmas 2015 update. If your game's icon is blue with snowflakes that's the update you are on. When you are on the most current update you have what was added in previous updates as well as what was added in the current update. So by being on the Christmas 2015 update you have in your game the Saved by the Spells quest that was added in the Monsters and Magic update as well as the Nanny Knows Best quest that was added in the Baby Steps update.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Lensky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lensky »

Thanks for the tips.

I actually stopped the main quests at higher education (which has no time limit) because I've read about the life dreams and I didn't want my sims to age. I was worried I won't be able to complete the levels of the hobbies if my sims keep on aging and dying up on me. :D
Game Center: lensky117
I'm still working on creating my HFN and everything else
sesinka
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by sesinka »

Lensky wrote:Thanks for the tips.

I actually stopped the main quests at higher education (which has no time limit) because I've read about the life dreams and I didn't want my sims to age. I was worried I won't be able to complete the levels of the hobbies if my sims keep on aging and dying up on me. :D
They don't die that fast :)
Screenshot_2016-01-30-13-27-30.jpg
This is from the firemonkey's site. And from adult to senior it takes around 20 days, and that's if you keep them busy all the time :)