[TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by Simannity »

Simannity wrote:the tutorial at some point tells you to build a new station, and it did not complete when the patrol car had finished building...
Update. My second sim has now reached level 6, I promoted him and built the interrogation room, upon which the task completed and the tutorial was finished!
Bluebuffalo87
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Bluebuffalo87 »

I am working on the third badge on level six. It says you have to help two important Sims to earn the badge. Does anyone know what that means? Who are the important Sims?

Also, as of now my front desk, workout room, van, squad car, and interview room are all at level 12. I won't be able to upgrade them anymore until I get to level 8 and unlock the K-9 unit and forensics lab unless I use LP.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Bluebuffalo87 wrote:I am working on the third badge on level six. It says you have to help two important Sims to earn the badge. Does anyone know what that means? Who are the important Sims?
They are the sims with special requests. The ones with the question mark.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Bluebuffalo87
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Bluebuffalo87 »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Bluebuffalo87 wrote:I am working on the third badge on level six. It says you have to help two important Sims to earn the badge. Does anyone know what that means? Who are the important Sims?
They are the sims with special requests. The ones with the question mark.

Oh! Okay, thanks.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Note that sim served count seen on police station screen may not be same as sim served count working toward a badge seen on work tab in simtracker.

Example: my sim leveled up in middle of a shift. He had already served 10 sims. His new badge goal was to serve 16 sims. He served 6 more. The police station view tracker showed 16 served. But percentage toward badge did not show 100%. Checked the tracker on work tab of simtracker, and it showed 6 served. This sim will max out sim serve count at 25 and end his shift before he meets badge goal.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Interesting, thanks SKatF!
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

I've started getting tasks involving the squad car as soon I've started building it, even though I can't complete it until the car is built and it takes 6 hours. Do those people just have to hang around until they can be served? I'm worried that if enough of them accumulate, no more new people will appear and the rest of the shift will be wasted. Has this happened to anyone else?
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

HanaV47 wrote:I've started getting tasks involving the squad car as soon I've started building it, even though I can't complete it until the car is built and it takes 6 hours. Do those people just have to hang around until they can be served? I'm worried that if enough of them accumulate, no more new people will appear and the rest of the shift will be wasted. Has this happened to anyone else?
No, but I hit 6 at the end of a shift and just built the interview room with my time off. Maybe do that in the future? Or use LP to speed up the building of things in the future.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

pinkribbon wrote:
HanaV47 wrote:I've started getting tasks involving the squad car as soon I've started building it, even though I can't complete it until the car is built and it takes 6 hours. Do those people just have to hang around until they can be served? I'm worried that if enough of them accumulate, no more new people will appear and the rest of the shift will be wasted. Has this happened to anyone else?
No, but I hit 6 at the end of a shift and just built the interview room with my time off. Maybe do that in the future? Or use LP to speed up the building of things in the future.
I didn't realize I could build things in the police station without a sim working there, for some reason... I guess because I never go there unless one is working. That's a good idea, thanks! :D

I was planning to use LP if I had to, but as it turns out, the sims with squad car requests stopped appearing so I didn't run into the problem of not being able to help any more people. Hopefully it was just a one-time thing.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

HanaV47 wrote:
pinkribbon wrote:
I didn't realize I could build things in the police station without a sim working there, for some reason... I guess because I never go there unless one is working. That's a good idea, thanks! :D

I was planning to use LP if I had to, but as it turns out, the sims with squad car requests stopped appearing so I didn't run into the problem of not being able to help any more people. Hopefully it was just a one-time thing.
It happened to me with the interview room a few days ago (also only 1 sim) and it happened again when I unlocked the forensics lab and the K-9 unit. I started building the K-9 unit first but a sim walked in needing help at the forensics lab (again, so far, it's just been that 1 sim). I haven't used LP yet for the K-9 unit, I'm waiting a few more hours, but then I think I will use LP to finish the forensics lab right away.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update