[TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by TBD-36 »

I wish there was a way to make those people with the metro requests go away when you don't have a metro cop on site any longer. Like, paying a couple LPs to make them leave.

In other news, my non-specialized Police employee just got promoted to Level 7. I did not realize that could happen.
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

I like the idea of the professions update, it's a nice change. As usual though, it's annoyingly difficult at times. I had no problem collecting enough resources to upgrade all of the first three stations to level 6, but in order to get any further with them, I need to unlock more resources which means that I have to reach level 6 in one of the specializations (metro police and special agent).

I have two Sims working police shifts, one of them is on level 4 of the rookie tasks and the other 3. So at this rate it'll likely take me weeks to reach level 6 of the specializations... I just don't have enough time (or quite frankly, the interest) to sit around long enough with this game so I could level them up faster. I feel like it's badly designed, why is there such a gap here where you have to spend a long time feeling like you're not making much progress at all? It gets boring fast.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

alsie27 wrote:I like the idea of the professions update, it's a nice change. As usual though, it's annoyingly difficult at times. I had no problem collecting enough resources to upgrade all of the first three stations to level 6, but in order to get any further with them, I need to unlock more resources which means that I have to reach level 6 in one of the specializations (metro police and special agent).

I have two Sims working police shifts, one of them is on level 4 of the rookie tasks and the other 3. So at this rate it'll likely take me weeks to reach level 6 of the specializations... I just don't have enough time (or quite frankly, the interest) to sit around long enough with this game so I could level them up faster. I feel like it's badly designed, why is there such a gap here where you have to spend a long time feeling like you're not making much progress at all? It gets boring fast.
You just have to reach level 6. Once you reach level 6 you choose a sim for each specialty. You won't need to start from level 1 again.
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Oh, so when it says to "reach level six of the metro police specialization" that actually means the level where you first get to choose that specialization? Ha, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info.
Bluebuffalo87
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Bluebuffalo87 »

TBD-36 wrote:I wish there was a way to make those people with the metro requests go away when you don't have a metro cop on site any longer. Like, paying a couple LPs to make them leave.

What I do to make sure that doesn't happen is I keep a close eye on the number of people I have helped. Once I only have one person left to help, I go through each person in the police department that needs to be helped and do all of the metro requests before completing all of the tasks to finish helping the 25th person. Once the metro cop goes off duty, I send another Sim to work at the station and then they can pick up where the metro cop left off. Does that make sense?
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

I usually do the same thing, but I accidentally left one metro task un-completed the other morning because I didn't realize I was so close to 25/25, and had to wait almost 24h until I could take care of it.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

TBD-36 wrote:As far as I can tell, they almost always stay until they are helped - even if you cancel them they hang around until all their tasks are complete. Sometimes they hang out until someone else comes on duty who can help, although I tried "saving" someone with a Special Request and when my next sim arrived at work, it had changed to a normal request for fingerprints or donuts or something.

I have one now that has been waiting for a squad car, now into the 3rd shift and I am nowhere near being able to build it. Ha of course the special one would go away, par for the course in this game! Lol
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

mockingbird288z wrote:
JKCher wrote: Yes it is frustrating for sure. Today though I was helping them and what I ended up finding out was that if I started helping the guy that had flashlights, another sim would walk in with radios, so I'd cancel his action and then help the person with the radio. Flashlight guy stuck around throughout but at least I was able to get more radios.
And now I also have one sim who needs the interview room whom I inadvertently helped with something else and she won't go away until she gets her interview. I'm thinking in my head go to another station lady, what is the point of hanging out here for days? Lol
2 days ago I had a very frustrating experience where I was at 23/25 on the quota, both my sims had earned their badges, and it was past my bedtime. I was staying up late to finish the quota and get the bonus. But then my metro police sim got stuck on the jail cell task. I tried everything to get her unstuck but nothing worked. So I paid LP to end her shift early so I wouldn't lose the badge she had earned. I was pretty bummed that she was so close to earning the quota bonus. But I thought, "Oh, well. At least her husband will earn his bonus soon." Ha! Of course not! Cause all the four sims needing help at the station needed something that only the metro sim could do! Argh. So I lost the bonus for both sims that day.

I can't wait until I'm done with the police station and I'm dreading any other occupation they introduce like this in future updates.
Arrrrrgh that is annoying :(.
I thought, at first, the whole thing was kinda neat the way they set it up. But it quickly became daunting and way too tedious. If they do something like this in the future I hope they make it simpler to get somewhere. Having to worry about storage, trying to get the resources you need, all the rooms wanting to be levelled up and everything else is just too much. I like a challenge but my patience is wearing thin on this one.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

JKCher wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
JKCher wrote:

I thought, at first, the whole thing was kinda neat the way they set it up. But it quickly became daunting and way too tedious. If they do something like this in the future I hope they make it simpler to get somewhere. Having to worry about storage, trying to get the resources you need, all the rooms wanting to be levelled up and everything else is just too much. I like a challenge but my patience is wearing thin on this one.
Hopefully they will tweak it if they continue on this path! Can you imagine if we had to worry about storage with the island monuments!? Eek! If they had to add storage I'm glad they didn't think of it until after the island monuments were added.

I'm pretty relieved the rooms stop at level 20 and not 25 like the Goddess Monument or (heaven forbid) 70 for the other monuments. That would have been horrible!!!! Still 20 is still pretty high but it's nice knowing I only have 4-3 more levels to go.

I just find the whole thing pointless. It doesn't do anything for our sims or our games outside of the police station. We don't get bonuses outside of the station, we don't unlock anything for our sims at home. It's self-contained. All this work and my sims will never go back once it's all done! Like everything else, lol.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

mockingbird288z wrote:
JKCher wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
JKCher wrote:

Hopefully they will tweak it if they continue on this path! Can you imagine if we had to worry about storage with the island monuments!? Eek! If they had to add storage I'm glad they didn't think of it until after the island monuments were added.

I'm pretty relieved the rooms stop at level 20 and not 25 like the Goddess Monument or (heaven forbid) 70 for the other monuments. That would have been horrible!!!! Still 20 is still pretty high but it's nice knowing I only have 4-3 more levels to go.

I just find the whole thing pointless. It doesn't do anything for our sims or our games outside of the police station. We don't get bonuses outside of the station, we don't unlock anything for our sims at home. It's self-contained. All this work and my sims will never go back once it's all done! Like everything else, lol.
Haha no I couldn't imagine the monuments needing storage. It's bad enough I still only have 1 monument to level 25 even though I've played since it was introduced. Too cheap to spend much lp on it lol

Oh that's nice you're almost done. I can't wait to be there.
And I totally agree with you. I find myself wondering why I'm bothering with it all but like everything else I won't feel I have a complete game if it's not done even though I won't step inside again barring a weekly goal lol