[TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

Post by katgames »

mockingbird288z wrote:
katgames wrote:Holy crap! Thanks Leah! That was a lotta work. (I'm referring back a few pages to your massive list of the levels etc.) It does at least let me know where I'm headed. I started this one. I never did build the police station.... I may never I dunno...
You're welcome! These past two updates have been a real drag, especially when after all the work of building the profession locations and upgrading all the areas there isn't any bonus or advantage to our games. If you never build the police station your town will be just the same as if you did. :roll:
Good cuz I have no plans for coppers. Mah town has a complex storyline and Police do not fit. I've not done the train or the hospital either. I did the movie studio and I've periodically worked on it but to what point? They just messin' up mah town. This time when I updated to the Halloween one cuz I did want the costumes... it said I'd not been there in 22 weeks!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Okay, that's bad. Dunno with this game. I do like mah Sims though so maybe when the snow flies I'll get back in it more. I think I'll just concentrate on the movie thing if I do anything. Costumes were nice....
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

One quick question, is it a good idea to for my sims to specialize even if I still lack a lot of resources to unlock the Level 6 places? Or should i just wait until I have enough resources to unlock before allowing the sims to specialize?
charon
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by charon »

I've upgraded some of my stations to reduce the task length. When I click on the person to start the task, the task length shown is reduced. However, if I click on the progress bar after that, the task length is still the original length before upgrades. (I haven't checked the actual length of the task to determine which one is showing the correct task length.)

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Sorry if this question has been answered previously. I tried skimming through the 27 pages but didn't find the information. :P
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

charon wrote:I've upgraded some of my stations to reduce the task length. When I click on the person to start the task, the task length shown is reduced. However, if I click on the progress bar after that, the task length is still the original length before upgrades. (I haven't checked the actual length of the task to determine which one is showing the correct task length.)

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Sorry if this question has been answered previously. I tried skimming through the 27 pages but didn't find the information. :P
It's happening for everyone. Once the sims start talking to each other or get to the workstation the time should show the correct length and show the correct amount of LP needed to speed the task up.

I think this has been brought up before but not in this thread. It is okay to ask again either way. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

bloodredroses01 wrote:Is anyone else having a crap ton of trouble getting all the resources to open the hair/make-up & voice-over booth WITHOUT running out of storage space? I've already spent LP :evil: to upgrade to 1200 storage and now it wants 143LP more to increase it only 50 units! :shock: I don't have 143LP to spend on it. Even if I did have unlimited LP, I'd need over a thousand of them (assuming storage increases by 50 each upgrade) so that maybe I won't have to sell off resources for the V.O. booth (I'm closer to having what I need for the hair/make-up station) so I don't have to start from scratch for it.

I'm having a little storage trouble w/ the police station but no where near as bad as this. Frankly, I'm terrified how things will go at the hospital. ;)

It seems like the game is not only nothing but 'grind, grind, grind' but parts of it are completely impossible to do! How is this supposed to be FUN?!? It's gotten so that if I'm having an 'off' day it's not unusual for me to end up crying in frustration. :cry: Not good, very bad on FM's part.

Sorry for the rant :oops: but it's driving me crazy!
My 4 Sims are at level 6 at both the hopital & movie film place, so they have their specialities . I've expanded my resources as much as I'm willing to pay. I need like 60 more of the toilet paper looking things to build the pharmacy. What do I do? Someone mentioned selling resources?? I skimmed this thread, but couldn't find an answer. I don't really want to sell any resources. Are we being forced to pay LP's again? Thanks! I am at level 7 in my 2nd game, this game.

In my original game we weren't required to spend tons of money when this game first started in late 2012/early 2013. That is why it's called Sims FREEPLAY. ;) FM really angers me sometimes.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-11-16-19-01-35.png
Screenshot_2016-11-16-19-03-24.png
charon
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by charon »

What I've been doing is focusing on one station (typically the one that I have the most resources for) and selling off the resources I don't need. This has allowed me to stay below the storage limit, and usually I get enough resources to build the other station soon.

It's not ideal, but I refuse to pay LP, so I don't have much of a choice.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Yes, you can sell some of the charts or thermometers to make room for 56 more bandage rolls, or you can keep working and earn more workplace coins until you have enough to expand the storage further (meanwhile not collecting any of the resources beyond your 1100 limit). I wouldn't pay LP to upgrade either.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

I just realized it's bandages, not toilet paper. Lol. :)
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

TBD-36 wrote:Yes, you can sell some of the charts or thermometers to make room for 56 more bandage rolls, or you can keep working and earn more workplace coins until you have enough to expand the storage further (meanwhile not collecting any of the resources beyond your 1100 limit). I wouldn't pay LP to upgrade either.
So do I sell them on the trade page? Thanks a bunch!
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

I just figured out how to sell them. Yay! :)