[TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
-Caz-
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by -Caz- »

ierusch wrote:Hey, I have a little problem with the Police Department Tutorial. One of my sims started working at the Police Department, but I can't send him to work. The work icon is orange, and when I touch it, they advise me to buy VIP points. Can anyone help me, or am I the only one with this problem?
Your sim can you only go to work once in one day (even if they change career) so you need to wait until tomorrow or pick another sim if possible.

The case is orange if a sim on a police career has already worked that day, players with VIP can send their sim to work for a second shift for LPs.
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

You can't send them to work more than once. And if you've already finished the tutorial, this counts as finishing a shift. Meaning you'll have to wait until tomorrow.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

I have to keep increasing storage using those tokens. I've only just reached level 3 but I can't do anything about it because I can't get the rest of the resources yet (i.e. handcuffs). That's pretty annoying.
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

SKatF wrote:I'm already bored with doing the short tasks over and over. I don't enjoy the need to be so interactive with my sims; I prefer to park them at longer tasks.
If it bores you just send your sim to work and don't bother with the tasks. It will finish the shift and get you the usual reward. Take your merry time to build the rooms in the police station - or don't build them at all if it brings you no joy!
I like that this way you can have a sim finish work early if you like, if you spend some time running the game while going about your business you can use the sim for other tasks in a few hours instead of 5+. No rest for the weary! :lol:
Xionidrixa
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Xionidrixa »

The orange work icon is for those who are vip N it means that they can send the same sim to work twice in the same day N the persons not being vip have to wait until the next day as usual but have an orange work icon to tell you that you can be vip if you spend real money. N aperantly it's just applied to the police...
Open your eyes and then open them again
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Simannity wrote:
SKatF wrote:I'm already bored with doing the short tasks over and over. I don't enjoy the need to be so interactive with my sims; I prefer to park them at longer tasks.
If it bores you just send your sim to work and don't bother with the tasks. It will finish the shift and get you the usual reward. Take your merry time to build the rooms in the police station - or don't build them at all if it brings you no joy!
I like that this way you can have a sim finish work early if you like, if you spend some time running the game while going about your business you can use the sim for other tasks in a few hours instead of 5+. No rest for the weary! :lol:
If I have 4 sims working as police officers, 2 on site & the other 2 offsite, will the 2 offsite officers earn rewards as well?
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

pinkribbon wrote:I have to keep increasing storage using those tokens. I've only just reached level 3 but I can't do anything about it because I can't get the rest of the resources yet (i.e. handcuffs). That's pretty annoying.
You can sell some of your existing resources for simeleons, rather than increasing storage. In the storage, tap on the resource and sell, sell, sell!
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
rajcaz
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by rajcaz »

I found the following channel (YouTube blog) when I went looking to see if anyone has progressed beyond level six as it takes soooo long to get there :shock: looks as though there is lots of tapping involved.

http://www.rachybop.com/#!The-Sims-Free ... c57262bfa4
GC: rajcaz
(may display as C K in party boat)

Fully updated to Schools Out update
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

What's the maximum level for the rookie stuff? Anyone got that far yet?
And will we have to level up the things we unlock with level 7 as well?
Savage_Xeno
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Savage_Xeno »

I'm having a little problem of my own, the Sim I used for the tutorial isn't gaining any kind of work exp. I had him quit and then reapply for the job to see if that would fix it but the bar still isn't moving. Do shorter tasks only move like in minuscule increments? I've had another Sim doing a few of the longer tasks (like the 2 minute motivations and and the video thing in the police van) and he's nearly to level two.