[TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Post Reply
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 212
Joined: 06 Jun 2016, 18:08
Location: Houston, Texas, USA

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by TBD-36 » 20 Jun 2016, 02:43

Oscar wrote:That sounds like quite a lot of work...
How many levels are there for the workstations? Cause I really hope that it will be possible to finish those soon...
As far as I can tell the workstations can be upgraded indefinitely, like the island monuments. I have upgraded one to level 11 or 12.
0 x

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6268
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 1229
Contact:

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by mockingbird288z » 20 Jun 2016, 05:20

Oscar wrote:That sounds like quite a lot of work...
How many levels are there for the workstations? Cause I really hope that it will be possible to finish those soon...
I know the surveillance van, front desk, and training center go up to level 20. Not sure about the squad car, jail cell, and the other areas but I would think they would also be level 20.

And by "up to" I mean stop at. Squad car and interview room indeed stop at 20.
0 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
2018 Holiday Update

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1606
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 620

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by SKatF » 20 Jun 2016, 07:52

This is without the Police 2 update. If you have installed the update 2, it does not apply. It appears in my game on android that level 6 investigator task in interview room is like desk task ... it does not add to sims served count if is final task for a customer. So keep in mind, depending on your play strategy, that desk and interview room do not add to count while gym and van do.
0 x

User avatar
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 387
Joined: 05 Nov 2013, 13:46

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by calleighwolfe » 20 Jun 2016, 17:00

What is the fastest way to reach level 6?

I've been playing for 4 days now and even when I've finished a couple of shift earlier my sims haven't even gotten to level 3. They just go, do their shift, upgrade the desk, the van and the gym (I still don't see the point. The only thing I see is that the time of some taks gets reduced when these places are updated) and that's it. I go to work with two sims at a time.

Thanks in advance :)
0 x
calleighwolfe at Game Center.
Please mention the Sims in your request.
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
I don't accept game challenges.

Level 55. TV: 109,895,337
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Hair Today... Update

Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 80
Joined: 21 Apr 2016, 19:02

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by Oscar » 20 Jun 2016, 18:52

calleighwolfe wrote:What is the fastest way to reach level 6?

I've been playing for 4 days now and even when I've finished a couple of shift earlier my sims haven't even gotten to level 3. They just go, do their shift, upgrade the desk, the van and the gym (I still don't see the point. The only thing I see is that the time of some taks gets reduced when these places are updated) and that's it. I go to work with two sims at a time.

Thanks in advance :)
If you work with two Sims at a time, they won't get as much XP. The Sims counter is always the same for both of them, hence you don't help 25 Sims each.

I've only started level 4 with the first of my Sims, the others are still stuck on level 2. They got stuck in a task (at least one of them did) and I couldn't finish the shift due to that

And if you upgrade the stuff, you'll get more coins and more XP as well! That's all I know
0 x

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1606
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 620

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by SKatF » 20 Jun 2016, 20:51

You know, it's kind of ironic. I complained bitterly to myself about the pressure of all the recent time limited quests and special events. Now EA gives us a nice, pressure free thing I can work on a little at a time, and I want it to all happen faster.
0 x

User avatar
grumpler66
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 41
Joined: 08 Feb 2016, 01:34

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by grumpler66 » 20 Jun 2016, 21:54

[quote="SKatF"]Now EA gives us a nice, pressure free thing I can work on a little at a time, and I want it to all happen faster.[/quote]

Hmm, it's not nice and pressure free, it's boring. So I don't think they made the right choice this time, again. If they go on like this, either time pressure like hell, yes impossible to finish in time even, or boring to death, I will quit, regardless of over 3 years regular playing and many many hours and money wasted.
0 x

User avatar
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 387
Joined: 05 Nov 2013, 13:46

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by calleighwolfe » 20 Jun 2016, 22:28

Oscar wrote:
calleighwolfe wrote:What is the fastest way to reach level 6?

I've been playing for 4 days now and even when I've finished a couple of shift earlier my sims haven't even gotten to level 3. They just go, do their shift, upgrade the desk, the van and the gym (I still don't see the point. The only thing I see is that the time of some taks gets reduced when these places are updated) and that's it. I go to work with two sims at a time.

Thanks in advance :)
If you work with two Sims at a time, they won't get as much XP. The Sims counter is always the same for both of them, hence you don't help 25 Sims each.

I've only started level 4 with the first of my Sims, the others are still stuck on level 2. They got stuck in a task (at least one of them did) and I couldn't finish the shift due to that

And if you upgrade the stuff, you'll get more coins and more XP as well! That's all I know
Thank you Oscar! :)

Do you mean normal XP or those green XP I've seen when they complete some of those police tasks? What are those green XP for? Do they help us to level the sims up? Cause I'm in level 55 so I don't think the blue xp are very useful right now :lol:
0 x
calleighwolfe at Game Center.
Please mention the Sims in your request.
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
I don't accept game challenges.

Level 55. TV: 109,895,337
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Hair Today... Update

TinyMetalhead
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 5
Joined: 31 May 2016, 18:27

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by TinyMetalhead » 20 Jun 2016, 22:49

calleighwolfe wrote:
Oscar wrote:
calleighwolfe wrote:What is the fastest way to reach level 6?

I've been playing for 4 days now and even when I've finished a couple of shift earlier my sims haven't even gotten to level 3. They just go, do their shift, upgrade the desk, the van and the gym (I still don't see the point. The only thing I see is that the time of some taks gets reduced when these places are updated) and that's it. I go to work with two sims at a time.

Thanks in advance :)
If you work with two Sims at a time, they won't get as much XP. The Sims counter is always the same for both of them, hence you don't help 25 Sims each.

I've only started level 4 with the first of my Sims, the others are still stuck on level 2. They got stuck in a task (at least one of them did) and I couldn't finish the shift due to that

And if you upgrade the stuff, you'll get more coins and more XP as well! That's all I know
Thank you Oscar! :)

Do you mean normal XP or those green XP I've seen when they complete some of those police tasks? What are those green XP for? Do they help us to level the sims up? Cause I'm in level 55 so I don't think the blue xp are very useful right now :lol:
The green xp are work xp and contribute to leveling up the Sims work experience.

I send my four cops to work in staggered shifts. That way, they each get progress and I stay busy. They're leveling up slowly but they're getting there. I used some lp to level up my workstations but I'm not that close to the new ones yet. The more work xp from leveling them up seems to be speeding it up though.
0 x

JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 575
Joined: 24 Jan 2016, 16:22

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by JakeSim » 21 Jun 2016, 00:13

I have noticed one of my two sims working is leveling up faster than the other one, I compared the two sims putting them to the tasks giving more work xp. Is this normal? The slower sim is the one who made the training.
0 x

Post Reply