[TIP] Unique balcony pavings and railings

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

[TIP] Unique balcony pavings and railings

Post by Lyla L »

ErinPW asked if I could share this discovery for how to get more balconies in a house with the unique pavings, like the French Chateau and the DIY Home. All credit goes to other simmers for working it out -- Eli Peryra was the first one I saw talking about it on Facebook. I just put together a post with pictures on Tumblr to hopefully make it easier for people to follow step by step.

The post is here: http://simslanding.tumblr.com/post/1573 ... for-french

It has a number of pictures but I've copied the most important one here. Basically, you draw a new balcony next to the original one, then select a new paving for the original balcony WITHOUT actually buying it. This "tricks" the game into reverting back to the unique balcony paving for both the original and new balconies.

I've tested it on the French Chateau and the DIY Home and it works for both. It just gets a bit expensive when you need to maneuver the new balcony to another place on your house! :lol:
Attachments
sfp balcony 4.png
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
ErinPW

Re: [TIP] Unique balcony pavings and railings

Post by ErinPW »

Thank you so much for posting, Lyla! I'm sure a lot of players will love to try it out!
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I had already changed the paving on the balcony I extended around the back of the chateau when I found this post so I thought it was too late for me😕. Then I realized with this I could use the little one at the front and it worked like a charm!! Thank you for sharing!👍🏻😎
Updated town info in profile
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

Can anyone tell me where this stone railing comes from? I'd love to have this railing for one of my other houses, but I don't seem to have it in my home store. Please move this post if it is in the wrong place. Also, sorry if image is large .... I don't know much about posting images! Image
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

annarose wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 03:02 Can anyone tell me where this stone railing comes from? I'd love to have this railing for one of my other houses, but I don't seem to have it in my home store. Please move this post if it is in the wrong place. Also, sorry if image is large .... I don't know much about posting images! Image
I believe that's the Black Marble railing.

IMG_7322.JPG
IMG_7323.JPG
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

Thanks ... it didn't look the same in my home store but I will go ahead with it now.