[Pics] Pre-made House

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [Pics] Pre-made House

Post by whoviandragon »

Perturbee wrote:
whoviandragon wrote:Does anyone have a recently built DIY house? Built within this update. The one from completing the Basement quest. I would love some pictures of it, and for someone to confirm it has the Singing Fish in it.
You do know that you can inspect a house before building (since a couple of updates now)?
Simply use the magnifying glass on the house build panel to get a view of it all.
And yes, these still is a Singing Salmon included with it.
Whoops, I forgot to mention that I haven't unlocked it yet. And thanks, getting the Singing Fish is important to me, but I can't decide if I ever want to do the Orb quest. This was factoring into my decision.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

whoviandragon wrote:Whoops, I forgot to mention that I haven't unlocked it yet. And thanks, getting the Singing Fish is important to me, but I can't decide if I ever want to do the Orb quest. This was factoring into my decision.
I made a 5 minutes lasting video of the DIY house, which is probably better than pictures: https://youtu.be/X3_XLO4KJdk

As for doing the Life Dreams and Legacies quest, despite knowing it will mean the end of certain Sims (unless you keep them at their age with LPs until paused), I think it's still worth it for the extra venues and the Singing Salmon (which is now only § 1,500). But this is more something for a different topic.
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Perturbee wrote:
whoviandragon wrote:Whoops, I forgot to mention that I haven't unlocked it yet. And thanks, getting the Singing Fish is important to me, but I can't decide if I ever want to do the Orb quest. This was factoring into my decision.
I made a 5 minutes lasting video of the DIY house, which is probably better than pictures: https://youtu.be/X3_XLO4KJdk

As for doing the Life Dreams and Legacies quest, despite knowing it will mean the end of certain Sims (unless you keep them at their age with LPs until paused), I think it's still worth it for the extra venues and the Singing Salmon (which is now only § 1,500). But this is more something for a different topic.
Thanks for the video link. And yeah, I wouldn't have posted anything about it in this topic, but I figured a little explanation was needed after asking for the pictures. Thanks again!
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The Latin Villa is available on standard lots again.
Using the preview with the magnifying glass, there is shown a Red Prius, the car that we used to visit the Villa while the quest. But after building it's not there :(
Attachments
Preview Latin Villa with car.
Preview Latin Villa with car.
Latin Villa after building without car.
Latin Villa after building without car.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

This is how the Wizard's Cottage as a ocean view residence looks like :x
Attachments
IMG_1665.jpg
IMG_1666.jpg
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Huaca Flora wrote:This is how the Wizard's Cottage as a ocean view residence looks like :x
Yes, rajcaz already mentioned here that the Wizard's Cottage is like most of the other houses with special fencing. When built on the Island they get the Island fencing (Teen Idol house and the Haunted house are the only ones that keep their unique fence). I guess now we have to say that that Island lots also get as a default the regular grass. If you were to build the house on the premium lots on the mainland they will look like the preview.

The preview button has a tendency to not show exactly what you would get. :( On lots that would normally have a beach view on the mainland they don't come with one when built on the island despite the preview showing that they would, for example.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Huaca Flora wrote:This is how the Wizard's Cottage as a ocean view residence looks like :x
I wonder, why I expected the original lot on the island *sigh*
Maybe, because the Teen Idol Villa and the Haunted House do get their original. It should be possible for the new Wizard House as well.

Pictures made on a standard lot:
Attachments
Wizard's House
Wizard's House
Wizard's House
Wizard's House
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote:
I wonder, why I expected the original lot on the island *sigh*
I've learned it's best for me to not expect the original lot on the island. That way if new houses ever do get to keep their fencing I will be pleasantly surprised. More like shocked, really. :lol:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

mockingbird288z wrote:Yes, rajcaz already mentioned here that the Wizard's Cottage is like most of the other houses with special fencing.
Oh my! I have seen these images but I totally didn't notice the fences! :oops:
The preview button has a tendency to not show exactly what you would get. :( On lots that would normally have a beach view on the mainland they don't come with one when built on the island despite the preview showing that they would, for example.
Yes, not fair :-(
ErinPW wrote:I wonder, why I expected the original lot on the island *sigh*
Maybe, because the Teen Idol Villa and the Haunted House do get their original. It should be possible for the new Wizard House as well.
The last house that I built on the island was the Haunted House. I guess it had me fooled... :?
Pictures made on a standard lot:
Thanks.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
Happy universe
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Show us your houses

Post by Happy universe »

Hi guys. Question. I build the wizard house on a big lot. I have seen at pertubees that there are leaves al over the place. Mine has no leaves but i want it. Someone else have the same? Or is it just me?
GC name is happy universe
HFN is at firehouse rd nr1 & also Scandinaviën house nextdoor has everything:-)
Ghost hunting, house with black roof
Reindeer farm-west Ocean Road #2
Puppy hobby is in the gingerbreadhouse.(westside 20)