[Pics] Pre-made House

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [Pics] Pre-made House

Post by mrs_smartt »

I wonder if you could build the two-story mansion bit by bit instead of saving up a ton of money for the whole thing all at once. Trying to get 3.25 million is really hard!
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

mrs_smartt wrote:I wonder if you could build the two-story mansion bit by bit instead of saving up a ton of money for the whole thing all at once. Trying to get 3.25 million is really hard!
Some of furnishing are only available after level 30+ e.g. the windows. So if you are not building the 2-storey mansion item for item, you can...
samnjoe
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by samnjoe »

Awesomely helpful! Many thanks! :D
settie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by settie »

mrs_smartt wrote:I wonder if you could build the two-story mansion bit by bit instead of saving up a ton of money for the whole thing all at once. Trying to get 3.25 million is really hard!
If you do save up for it, they make it worth your while by adding every simoleon to your TV i.e. 3.25M added. If we build it ourselves it's 10% the value of items purchased added to TV. But whichever way works for you best! :)
GC: -=[settie]=-
HFN: starter house @ 22 West Side
HH: 1 West Oceanside
Update: Christmas
J0ttyD0tty
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by J0ttyD0tty »

Thanks for this thread, it is really helpful. I love the added grid views it is a great help to newbie designers (like me). :D
settie wrote:
If you do save up for it, they make it worth your while by adding every simoleon to your TV i.e. 3.25M added. If we build it ourselves it's 10% the value of items purchased added to TV. But whichever way works for you best! :)

I am thinking of building my own version of the two-story mansion as well. The cost in my town has gone up a lot as I have nearly everything built on. Also the fact that I have a bug in my game that houses don't add to my TV, so at least this way I should get some extra value. I would love to know what you decide on doing in the end.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

settie wrote:If you do save up for it, they make it worth your while by adding every simoleon to your TV i.e. 3.25M added. If we build it ourselves it's 10% the value of items purchased added to TV. But whichever way works for you best! :)
I did not know this. I've been sort of focused on keeping TV down so things are not so expensive. Good to know these things. Ill file that away.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
J0ttyD0tty
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by J0ttyD0tty »

katgames wrote:
settie wrote:If you do save up for it, they make it worth your while by adding every simoleon to your TV i.e. 3.25M added. If we build it ourselves it's 10% the value of items purchased added to TV. But whichever way works for you best! :)
I did not know this. I've been sort of focused on keeping TV down so things are not so expensive. Good to know these things. Ill file that away.
Keeping TV down doesn't seem to make a difference with the cost of things. My TV is really low compared to others as my TV doesn't increase with a new house completion but the cost of buying houses still goes up each time.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

J0ttyD0tty wrote:Keeping TV down doesn't seem to make a difference with the cost of things. My TV is really low compared to others as my TV doesn't increase with a new house completion but the cost of buying houses still goes up each time.
Hey, nobody ever said I was smart! :lol: The glasses are just a disguise.

Samnjoe how did I miss that adorable avatar! Luv it!
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
J0ttyD0tty
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by J0ttyD0tty »

katgames wrote:
J0ttyD0tty wrote:Keeping TV down doesn't seem to make a difference with the cost of things. My TV is really low compared to others as my TV doesn't increase with a new house completion but the cost of buying houses still goes up each time.
Hey, nobody ever said I was smart! :lol: The glasses are just a disguise.
I would have thought the same thing, so we are of equal intelligence. :lol:
Sherrytalks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sherrytalks »

This is great - thanks for posting pics - I have been wondering how people made their pools with corners :-0 now I know ...