[Tips] For new SFP players

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Butterfly
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [Tips] For new SFP players

Post by Butterfly » 30 Jan 2017, 22:08

What's a good reason for starting a new SFP game...just curious because I have thought about it?

slk0807
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by slk0807 » 27 Feb 2017, 23:47

I just started a second game because I'm not having much luck finding neighbors and this way I can create my own "house for neighbors" that has everything in it I need to get SP for my first game. Hoping it works out! I've only been playing my first game for about 9 months and I'm on level 54 in that. Just reached level 8 on my new game, and trying to build up the simoleons.
Level 54
HFN: 22 West Side

SKatF
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SKatF » 28 Feb 2017, 10:04

slk0807 wrote:
27 Feb 2017, 23:47
I just started a second game because I'm not having much luck finding neighbors and this way I can create my own "house for neighbors" that has everything in it I need to get SP for my first game. Hoping it works out! I've only been playing my first game for about 9 months and I'm on level 54 in that. Just reached level 8 on my new game, and trying to build up the simoleons.
I did the same. I'm now in love with both my games and it can run me ragged trying to keep up with events in more than one. Plus dividing my in game purchases between two games.

Another choice I kind of wish I'd made instead is to copy the current game as a second game. Then it will have everything you already worked for for you to visit for social tasks. And you only need to keep up with one game (your original one), copying it over periodically. Also, that way if you make any purchases, you won't have to do it for both games or decide which one gets it. But you have to keep your saves straight.