New Update - What has changed?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
moondrake
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: New Update - What has changed?

Post by moondrake »

This is an interesting new thing. I have a male character visiting a neighbor town. When he speaks to a female neighbor, the usual Dance, Be Rude, Be Funny, Be Nice, Be Romantic, Complain selection pops up. But when he talks to a male neighbor, only Be Rude, Be Funny, Be Nice or Complain, is offered, even after I have gotten them to be Friends. Once they got to be Good Friends, Bro Hug was added. But Dance and Romance are still off the table. Has anyone else noticed this? I do like that the characters will now chat with one another without being told, even when they are sitting down.
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

I took a female Sim to one town, and a male Sim to another. Both had the romatic options with same-sex partners as with opposite sex ones.
Not spotting any 'heteronormative' regression in the game yet;-)
Game Centre Name: neildf
144Vaux
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by 144Vaux »

Just a thought: were all three the same age?
GC Id: 144Vaux
moondrake
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by moondrake »

144Vaux wrote:Just a thought: were all three the same age?
They all appeared to be adults. I actually tried it on two different male characters and did not get the "Be Romantic" option with either. It's possible they were teens, I don't really know what teens look like. One of them was wearing more interesting clothes than I have seen before , I just thought the player I was visiting was more advanced and had clothing options I don't. But maybe it was a teen outfit, a leather jacket over a t-shirt I think. I shall have to investigate further.
Alanna
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Alanna »

I am having a similar issue. One of my sims has recently grown from a teen to an adult and I'm trying to get her in a relationship with another sim, but the be romantic option isn't available. The dance option is available, and through that I have gotten them into a dating relationship, but still no option to be romantic. Also a same-sex couple, but I don't think it is that, because all the other adult females in my game can still be romantic with each other, it is just the newly grown up sim that is causing me problems.

Edit: Nevermind, just figured my problem out. The sim had just lost her mom and needed to grieve first before she could get the option to be romantic. Interesting.