New Update - What has changed?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: New Update - What has changed?

Post by mommacude »

Do you mean just letting them cook and not touching them to pop the bubbles? I'm just curious. I don't know the answer
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

scarletbegonias wrote:does anyone know if you can hoard baked goods post update?

I am playing unupdated as of now, and was planning on building a bakery/coffee shop to store baked goods in :D wont do it though if they took that away as well...
As I'm planning on doing this as well, I will test this with a testgame.
Hopefully it works.
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

mommacude wrote:Do you mean just letting them cook and not touching them to pop the bubbles? I'm just curious. I don't know the answer
yes, you just bake them and leave them alone, that way if it pops up in a quest (bake donuts or whatever) you dont have to wait :)
its helpful shaving off some time in timed quests, especially if the length of the goals exceed the actual time limit.

Unfortunately, ive tried doing this with veggies and it doesn't work. :roll:
hiser1974 wrote:As I'm planning on doing this as well, I will test this with a testgame.
Hopefully it works.
let us know how it works out! :)
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

OK I'm going to work on a bakery as well then. Great idea.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
Marmalade
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Marmalade »

scarletbegonias wrote:does anyone know if you can hoard baked goods post update?

I am playing unupdated as of now, and was planning on building a bakery/coffee shop to store baked goods in :D wont do it though if they took that away as well...
My game is updated and hoarding baked goods no longer works for me. I baked a couple of things in advance to prepare for the quests but when I popped the bubbles, the tasks didn't register as completed. So I had to bake the items all over again. :cry:

Has anyone else had the same problem?
GC ID: katrina4027
HFN (with fire pole!!) at Starter House.
Haunted House by Fire Station.
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

Marmalade wrote:

My game is updated and hoarding baked goods no longer works for me. I baked a couple of things in advance to prepare for the quests but when I popped the bubbles, the tasks didn't register as completed. So I had to bake the items all over again. :cry:

Has anyone else had the same problem?
You can still hoard baked goods in your game, but during the quest, they ask you to bake a cook by the senior doing the quest, so it can't be done in advance. The action is done when the senior has finished baking and not when you pop the bubbles, I think (hope I'm clear....).
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
Marmalade
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Marmalade »

Bagatelle wrote:
You can still hoard baked goods in your game, but during the quest, they ask you to bake a cook by the senior doing the quest, so it can't be done in advance. The action is done when the senior has finished baking and not when you pop the bubbles, I think (hope I'm clear....).
Actually I'm talking about whether hoarding works for the earlier quests. I baked Banana Bread a couple of days in advance for the Multi-Story Renovations quest and Donuts and Caramel Slices for the Teens quests but the tasks didn't complete when I popped the bubbles.
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

Marmalade wrote:
Bagatelle wrote:
Actually I'm talking about whether hoarding works for the earlier quests. I baked Banana Bread a couple of days in advance for the Multi-Story Renovations quest and Donuts and Caramel Slices for the Teens quests but the tasks didn't complete when I popped the bubbles.
Yes, I understand.
But I thought that the action was complete not when you popped the bubbles, but just when you finished the action.
That's why I always put sims to bake in advance in different houses and come to see them only when the action is asked....

But maybe I don't remember well....
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
Marmalade
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Marmalade »

Bagatelle wrote:
Marmalade wrote:
Bagatelle wrote:
Yes, I understand.
But I thought that the action was complete not when you popped the bubbles, but just when you finished the action.
That's why I always put sims to bake in advance in different houses and come to see them only when the action is asked....

But maybe I don't remember well....
After the update, baking goals only complete when a Sim has just finished the action. But before the update, I could bake stuff in advance, leave the bubbles unpopped, and then come back and pop a bubble when I needed an item. That doesn't work for me anymore, unfortunately.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

After the update, baking goals only complete when a Sim has just finished the action. But before the update, I could bake stuff in advance, leave the bubbles unpopped, and then come back and pop a bubble when I needed an item. That doesn't work for me anymore, unfortunately.
I've experienced the same thing...got croissants as a goal in my weekly mystery box yesterday, went to my "church bake sale" where I store baked goods and it didn't count towards my goal. :cry:
Updated town info in profile