Ghost hunting glitch

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Ghost hunting glitch

Post by mudgenie »

I just wanted to warn everyone that the ghost hunting glitch is still happening even after the update.I decided to check if it still affected me and sure enough my game crashed and all my sims were standing by the mailboxes. Frustrating thing was that I was baking a birthday cake and the cake disappeared and no refund of LPs. So don't ghost hunt while you are doing anything important.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Stenn
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Ghost hunting glitch

Post by Stenn »

Thank you for the heads up. I haven't attempted ghost hunting for quite some time because of this issue and will continue to avoid it.
babhiemiao29
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by babhiemiao29 »

Even though my game hasn't crashed yet while doing some GH'ing, I'm getting scared by the idea of your warning.. =_=

TV: 11,307,969
HFN, cat paradise, pet central : In-progress
Reindeer park: #3 East Side beside the Real State Company
HH: #21 West side just beside the starter house

I HAVE NOT UPDATED~!!
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Just wanted to warn folks who may not have thought of it or may not have experienced this glitch before, do not Ghost Hunt while doing the quests. My game has never crashed during Ghost Hunting before and it has just done so, twice now. Luckily I had recently uploaded to the cloud, even so I still lost my progress reading an encyclopedia.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SeekerDraconis wrote:Just wanted to warn folks who may not have thought of it or may not have experienced this glitch before, do not Ghost Hunt while doing the quests. My game has never crashed during Ghost Hunting before and it has just done so, twice now. Luckily I had recently uploaded to the cloud, even so I still lost my progress reading an encyclopedia.
The hours go on and your sims are working on their tasks in the cloud. So if you save after your sims have started a longer task, you won't lose progress, if you have to download your saved data :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

ErinPW wrote:
SeekerDraconis wrote:Just wanted to warn folks who may not have thought of it or may not have experienced this glitch before, do not Ghost Hunt while doing the quests. My game has never crashed during Ghost Hunting before and it has just done so, twice now. Luckily I had recently uploaded to the cloud, even so I still lost my progress reading an encyclopedia.
The hours go on and your sims are working on their tasks in the cloud. So if you save after your sims have started a longer task, you won't lose progress, if you have to download your saved data :)
This is true. I didn't lose progress on reading the birdhouse magazine but unfortunately I saved just before having another Sim read the encyclopedia. I was trying to get a head start on the read an encyclopedia goal. :(
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
kenny
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kenny »

this has happened to me, sometimes twice a day in the past 2 weeks,, i thought it was because i had my sims all over doing different things.
guess i stop ghost hunting...
Artdva
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Artdva »

Hi new here..

I ghost hunt all day usually generate 15-20 lps a day depending on what else I have to do (work from home) I haven't had any problems with quests. I have 5 ghost hunters who work night shift.
Mel~