[SPOILER] Quilting and Bird Feeding quests

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [SPOILER] Quilting and Bird Feeding quests

Post by mockingbird288z »

Aspen713 wrote:I've been quilting for 3 days now (6/7 times) and have gotten the same pattern each time. Has anyone else had this problem?
I used the lucky spin to complete the grids three times because I wanted the furniture and I knew I would go absolutely CRAZY if I kept getting the same patch over and over (same with the bird feeding- I was not going to wait 24 hours to see if I got a new bird... No, thank you)

But even with the lucky spin I kept getting "The Eternal Struggle" patch over and over....... I felt I was being laughed at by FM.

But FINALLY I got all the furniture and now my geriatric (because, really, they act so much older than "senior") sim is going to quilt her way eight hours at a time to level 6 without a care in the world about completing that grid.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

Aspen713 wrote:I've been quilting for 3 days now (6/7 times) and have gotten the same pattern each time. Has anyone else had this problem?

You should use the "save and reload" tip ;)
You save before you click on the :!: and if you collect something you already have, you reload the save you made a few seconds earlier. Maybe you will have to reload for than one time, but it is still better than eight hours of practicing. At least, each practice is worth a new pattern ;) (considering your senior already reached level six of course, otherwise you won't be able to get the patterns you haven't unlocked ).
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Nandireya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nandireya »

Just got to the 'drive to Quilt fair'...or whatever the hell it is...with 21 hours left to complete a 24 hour task...and all the rest after it.

Thanks so much for forcing me to waste my hard-earned LPs, Firemonkeys, by not giving enough time to complete your numerous freakishly pointlessly long tasks. AGAIN!
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

Warning on the 'save and reload' tip. I don't know whether there is a timing issue ie tapping too fast means the 'save' part doesn't always save, but it doesn't always work. I lost 24 hrs progress trying this with the last bird on the bird quest. Not the end of the world but enough for some gnashing of teeth.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
Scarletlocs
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Scarletlocs »

I can't do quilting. I only have one senior. I don't want to aged my sims. I'm maxed at 32. Ideas anyone?
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

My thought would be to change your sims hobby to quilting until you complete the grids for unlocking the furniture and then go back to bird feeding if that's what you want your senior to do. I only have two elders and that's what they're doing. It's taking forever. They're old and slow.
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

Yes, the quilting is the one you can progress in and it's slightly less exhausting for the old guys. If they look lonely, maybe make a craft centre where your senior can quilt whilst chatting to her younger friend who is dress-making.

I feel for the old ones on the long winter nights bird-watching in the mountains though. 24 hours isolated hours to find tropical birds in ice and snow. Madness! It'd be a bit better if you could send 'em out with a warm scarf and mittens, with a hip flask and a radio. And if there were a 'Keep the old guy company' option for another sim to sit alongside them and prevent hypothermia
hipmomx2
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by hipmomx2 »

I have 3 seniors and after completing the horrible bird watching challenge, I have all three quilting, also very boring, but once I finish the quilting, I think they all 3 will get a toe tag and a fare thee well!
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

:shock:
Nicely put, hipmom -- ya evil so-and-so! :lol: :twisted:
lissabmont
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by lissabmont »

Nandireya wrote:Just got to the 'drive to Quilt fair'...or whatever the hell it is...with 21 hours left to complete a 24 hour task...and all the rest after it.

Thanks so much for forcing me to waste my hard-earned LPs, Firemonkeys, by not giving enough time to complete your numerous freakishly pointlessly long tasks. AGAIN!
I can't complete it in time, either. I haven't added up all the hours, but I don't think it's possible to complete it in time without spending LP. Same with bird feeding - I really wanted that uncaged bird, so was forced to use LP to complete it in time.