Visiting neighbors???

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Smussery
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Visiting neighbors???

Post by Smussery »

I am new to the game, but I want to be a good neighbor. Hopefully someone will be able to tell me something about visiting neighbors.

When I visited a house in someone else's town today, I noticed that one of the sims was cooking at a stove. This sim had a progress bar over his head (as usual). However, when I clicked on the sim, expecting to see the usual information, the cooking action was cancelled instead! This is not what I intended to do!

Can someone tell me please, does that cancel the action for the actual owner of the town? When my neighbor returns to that house in their own game, will they find that the cooking job was not completed because I inadvertently cancelled the action while I was visiting the house?

I sincerely hope that my canceling action while visiting my neighbor does not have cancelling effect within their game. However, if I did cancel your cooking job, I sincerely apologize and I promise to all my neighbors that I will avoid cancelling actions within their towns in the future.

Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions and for the understanding of my neighbors.
mockingbird288z

Re: Visiting neighbors???

Post by mockingbird288z »

Nah, don't worry about it! You didn't mess up anyone's game. When your neighbor returns to their town and that sim, everything will be normal; either the sim is continuing the task with the proper amount of time left or the sim has finished the task. When we visit our neighbors's town we are visiting the copy of their last save to the cloud. Not their current game. Meaning if I save my game to the cloud and then Sim A leaves his house and moves in with Sim B (after which I do not save to the cloud again) the game you will see will have Sim A living alone in his own house. The next time you visit after I save to the cloud again you will see Sim A living with Sim B.

I hope this helps! It's 2:30 in the morning for me right now and I should definitely be sleeping. So I hope everything is understandable! :lol:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

No need to worry :)
You are visiting a copy of the cloud save. Nobody will know what you and your sim did in a neighbor's town, unless you share it and/or show pictures :)

You can try the following:
Visit a neighbor, cancel the action of a sim. Go home and come back to the same sim. You'll see, the sim is still doing his task :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Smussery
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Smussery »

Thanks again for letting me know that I did not interfere with anyone's actual game. That is such a relief! :)
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Smussery wrote:Thanks again for letting me know that I did not interfere with anyone's actual game. That is such a relief! :)
I think we all had this worry when we first started Neighbor actions. So you are in good company! :D Now we've all seen what Erin notes so many times that it's easy to be comfortable with the neighbor's copy, and know there is no way we can hurt anything. (But I bet I'm not the only one who has come back to a neighbor's save once or twice to make sure all is still well. :lol: )

Funny Simmers, aren't we? Enjoy your neighbor visits!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

Visiting the actual game would be a little hard but I would like to see a list somewhere of people who has visited my town, that can be done, like "Last 5 people who visited your town" (or downloaded your cloud save at least) and the date they last did it.

That way I know if people are really interested in my town :)
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
moondrake
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by moondrake »

calleighwolfe wrote:Visiting the actual game would be a little hard but I would like to see a list somewhere of people who has visited my town, that can be done, like "Last 5 people who visited your town" (or downloaded your cloud save at least) and the date they last did it.

That way I know if people are really interested in my town :)
Me, too. I wondered if maybe the game gave some kind of reward to players whose towns received a lot of visitors. I spend a huge amount of time in two particular towns and I would like it if those players got some kind of perks out of being considerate and making most of the stuff I need available. I think of these visits as being an alternate timeline for the towns I am visiting. But it still feels kind of creepy to go and romance someone else's character or sleep in their bed. I have a couple of villains that I use to go and do stuff like that as my good guys wouldn't behave that way. I just got the task yesterday for two of my characters to "Woohoo" while the alien watches curiously, clapping and pointing. That was very...odd. I want to go look at the game and see if it is rated "mature". As an adult it was just weird, but mandatory voyeurism is definitely something I'd be uncomfortable with kids playing through.

If I were King (LOL) I'd like to see more actual construction and fewer hoops. Garon has been standing on that soapbox in the park for three days. If Simanity doesn't know the end is near by now they never will. I'd like us to be able to build the stores and businesses and see the sims at work. I'd like to be able to rearrange the park and add stuff like playgrounds and ball fields, even if they weren't interactive.