Warning! UPDATE occurred with auto update off!

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
KissieK
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Warning! UPDATE occurred with auto update off!

Post by KissieK »

blackbrit wrote:
Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I am not updating my iOS either - it's been telling me for a week and I am NOT doing it - thank you for the warning BlackBrit. I am so sorry that stupid EA managed to force the update on you.

I signed up with the FB group to change my profile picture and comment that I was not updating SFP and would not be playing for awhile. Hopefully, as more and more of us protest, they will DO something. My Sims were awake this morning - they are going back into hibernation tonight and I will just have to NOT turn on my iPad this coming week. That's fine, I'll read on my old Kindle or my Nook.
Ban SFP.jpg
Edit to add: Not logging on to iTunes either. Was going to download the Frozen soundtrack, but I think I will just go buy the CD and upload it to my iPod the old fashioned way. No iTunes, no iPad downloads, no iPad updates. I use a PC, so I don't have to worry about a Mac forced update. My phone, where my back up SFP is located, is Android and it tells me every time I turn on the data feed that there is a new version available - ignoring it and not opening the game on the phone at all.

Edited again to add: I posted a warning on their FB page, Blackbrit - maybe we can keep it from happening to somebody else.
Thanks for doing that, Karen. Definitely I would not upgrade the OS right now until we get this figured out - if that is even possible. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me on any platform. Unless I go back to the early 90's, I think. :lol:

It seems to me there must have been some code EA added to force an update when the device is synced. The Apple/Mac version of iTunes has always allowed me to choose to update, or not. In fact, I have iTunes set so that I have to actively choose that I want to update ANY app. Otherwise the updated app won't sync, and the app stays on its old version - even when the new version has been downloaded and is on my computer.

I hate it that I've got the update. I didn't want their servers to have my download (or anybody's downloads) counted toward their "success" with this fail of a move.
I was just gonna tell ya that unless Apple changes to forced iOS updates, y'all should be fine. I waited till February (not on purpose) to update to iOS 7.
**MONSTERS & MAGIC UPDATE**
HFN: 1 Eastside
Haunted House: 2 Eastside
Cat: Haunted House
Dog: HFN
Reindeer Park: Island - 1 Terra Drive
Lexi LuLu
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Location: Simming on the dock of the bay, watching the sandy shore wash away...

Post by Lexi LuLu »

blackbrit wrote:Okay. I have been very clear I was not going to update to the Life Dreams update. I set my iPad to NOT auto update. I also set my apps page in iTunes to NOT update SFP. There is a new iOS update, and prior to installing those I always do a backup to my computer. I did this, being very sure that SFP was set to NOT update (I was tempted to set it to "Remove" which I now think I should have done.)

When I came back to my iPad to install the iOS update, SFP had also updated! I have a cloud save, but am unsure whether I can delete this update by resetting and downloading my latest save.

Does anyone know?
Oh no Blackbrit!!

I'm so very very sorry to hear that this happened to you! :-( :-( :-(
How awful!
It's heart breaking.

<<<sending hugs!>>>

I don't know what can be done, but I'll ask around, too. Don't give up!

I've enjoyed visiting your town quite often.
You have a really great town, Blackbrit!!! :-)
I could see just how hard you worked on it. Oh, and the Siamese Cat Retreat gave me a fabulous case of the giggles the first time I visited it! I absolutely loved it!!

I haven't updated yet, so I'll go check and see if your town is still out there in it's last save form. If it is, there still may be some hope.

My heart really goes out to you!

<<sending more hugs>>
"Cue the funerary dirge; The Simpocalypse has begun."

HFN 1EOceanside
HH 2Diver's Way

(Alternate HH @21WestSide)
Pets ~The haunted restaurant @1MuseumBlvd has a wee bit of a feral cat problem.
Lexi LuLu
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Location: Simming on the dock of the bay, watching the sandy shore wash away...

Post by Lexi LuLu »

Blackbrit,
I tried to visit, but it was a no go. :-(
Totally disgusted with EA/FM at this point.

I haven't posted many comments to these boards, and don't know if you've ever visited my town, but I would like you to know that I really had fun visiting yours, ...before The Simpocalypse, of course.
Thank you for that! :-)

(I was especially looking forward to seeing how you finished up that cool little boat with the mystical feel to it.) :-)

My own game has been acting weird since yesterday. It's been lagging badly.
I know it's no solace, but I think it's only a matter of time before everyone is forced into this awful update. When that happens, I'll be done with it. I'm honestly tempted to delete it right now.
"Cue the funerary dirge; The Simpocalypse has begun."

HFN 1EOceanside
HH 2Diver's Way

(Alternate HH @21WestSide)
Pets ~The haunted restaurant @1MuseumBlvd has a wee bit of a feral cat problem.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Lexi LuLu wrote:<snip>

Oh no Blackbrit!!

I'm so very very sorry to hear that this happened to you! :-( :-( :-(
How awful!
It's heart breaking.

<<<sending hugs!>>>

I don't know what can be done, but I'll ask around, too. Don't give up!

I've enjoyed visiting your town quite often.
You have a really great town, Blackbrit!!! :-)
I could see just how hard you worked on it. Oh, and the Siamese Cat Retreat gave me a fabulous case of the giggles the first time I visited it! I absolutely loved it!!

I haven't updated yet, so I'll go check and see if your town is still out there in it's last save form. If it is, there still may be some hope.

My heart really goes out to you!

<<sending more hugs>>
I have been disinclined to visit anything SFP related as often as I usually do. Which is really saying something, as I've still been in and out to check on what's going on. But now I'm back. Thanks so much for your kind words, and even better, I'm glad you've enjoyed my town! It's a mess now, because I hadn't planned to update. And, silly player that I am, I collected my party boat booty - and then realized that of course my old cloud save was then gone, overwritten by the weird current update, just because I clicked on that pulsing pinkish globe. Sigh. :oops:

It's a different game. Again, thanks for your kind words. :)
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Lexi LuLu wrote:Blackbrit,
I tried to visit, but it was a no go. :-(
Totally disgusted with EA/FM at this point.

I haven't posted many comments to these boards, and don't know if you've ever visited my town, but I would like you to know that I really had fun visiting yours, ...before The Simpocalypse, of course.
Thank you for that! :-)

(I was especially looking forward to seeing how you finished up that cool little boat with the mystical feel to it.) :-)

My own game has been acting weird since yesterday. It's been lagging badly.
I know it's no solace, but I think it's only a matter of time before everyone is forced into this awful update. When that happens, I'll be done with it. I'm honestly tempted to delete it right now.
Lexi LuLu -

Give it a bit of time. I haven't decided yet whether or not I will continue to play, but I am playing AS THOUGH I will continue. l want to do it this way to get a true feel for the mutated game. I have a particularly odd situation, as I wanted large families with many children, so that is what I have. {blackbrit says under her breath in a whisper, "I am playing with 43 toddlers..." So you see what I mean. That was my game, and now all forty-three have three days of life left before they age into those infernal skipping pre-teens all at once.]

Anyway, I'm playing and seeing if I can weave a story into EA's absurd notion of "life dreams." Honestly. It's flat out insulting. If they at least had a sense of humor about it it would be better. EA humorous announcement in a very serious voice: "All your Sims are now afflicted with a severe form of obsessive compulsive disorder. From toddler to Senior, each believes they will die if they don't repeat the same action again, and again, and again. Please treat them with sympathy and compassion while we ask Osiris to search for a cure."

Anyway. On the up side, EA created two very nice locales. I had thought the arcade would be awful, but I actually like their design, and I like using it. Queequeeg has turned out to be quite the pinball wizard, so he, at least will leave an orb. I think.

I went into the update with quite a few LP and § saved up. The LP are rapidly dwindling, but have been a huge help. It's not clear to me how we will earn LP in the new game. As my toddlers age I might be able to figure that out...or not. :D
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
KisaraDoll
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by KisaraDoll »

It is possible to revert to a pervious version of an app on your iPhone/iPad as long as you still have a copy of the old version, which would be a .ipa file on your Mac.

Here are directions:
http://m.tuaw.com/2011/01/28/ipad-101-r ... plication/

If you are a person who backs up your Mac (using TimeMachine for example) the .ipa file for the previous version (5.2.2) could possibly be in your last backup, and you can follow the directions above to restore it.

Or, maybe someone here still has the old version on their iPad and would be willing to upload it somewhere and share the link with us? (Using the free DropBox service would make it easy to share a link...)

I wish I could help more. I think there is still SOME hope to revert using this method.
Reindeer Farm - 20 West Side (above the park on the left)
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Thanks for the tip about reverting to a previous version.
It also seems to work on a Windows PC.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

KisaraDoll wrote:It is possible to revert to a pervious version of an app on your iPhone/iPad as long as you still have a copy of the old version, which would be a .ipa file on your Mac.

Here are directions:
http://m.tuaw.com/2011/01/28/ipad-101-r ... plication/

If you are a person who backs up your Mac (using TimeMachine for example) the .ipa file for the previous version (5.2.2) could possibly be in your last backup, and you can follow the directions above to restore it.

Or, maybe someone here still has the old version on their iPad and would be willing to upload it somewhere and share the link with us? (Using the free DropBox service would make it easy to share a link...)

I wish I could help more. I think there is still SOME hope to revert using this method.
Yes, thanks for the link and info. I know it will help people. I was a little surprised I couldn't figure it out as I'm usually pretty good at this stuff. After a while I felt like I was wasting time on something that was going to happen down the road anyway. So, in my case, I've bitten the bullet and will play this game - for a while. I find it to be truly a weird one, though. I never would have picked this game on purpose, while I love the old game. :cry:
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
EvilEmily2213
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EvilEmily2213 »

I think this is funny and ironic
Attachments
image.jpg
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by EileenK98 »

EvilEmily2213 wrote:I think this is funny and ironic
I think it's cruel. They're making us think they care what we want, when in reality they don't give a [censored].
New town, new Sims!

Haunted House: 2 East Oceanside
Library: 1 Museum Boulevard
Spa: 2 Museum Boulevard
The Winchesters' Bunker: 3 Eastside