Warning! UPDATE occurred with auto update off!

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Re: Warning! UPDATE occurred with auto update off!

Post by ErinPW »

blackbrit wrote:
Minima wrote:Oh, Blackbrit, I am so very sorry! I suspected something was happening when a poster on Facebook said it had had happened to her first thing this am.

I'll call my techie son and see if he can think of a way you can reset, but I'm afraid those of us who are not updating are on borrowed time. If we can't log into iTunes or update other apps without this crawling through the net, it is a sick state of affairs.
Oh my; it has happened to others. I am going to post this on Perturbee's Facebook page now, while I digest what has just occurred to my used-to-be favorite game.
I read something similar happened to another player. There's a new fullscreen banner, when we open the game. If one taps on "Play now", the update starts. I also saw this banner, but I taped the tiny "x".

This "x" needs more time to appear since a few days :(
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

ErinPW wrote:<snip>
I read something similar happened to another player. There's a new fullscreen banner, when we open the game. If one taps on "Play now", the update starts. I also saw this banner, but I taped the tiny "x".

This "x" needs more time to appear since a few days :(
I got this yesterday, I think, and did the same thing - clicked the "x". Hmm.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

I wish I could help further but I'm afraid Chris's view wasn't very positive. He feels you have done all the right things but any updates to the operating system can over-ride pre-set choices...in this case letting in something you definitely didn't want. However, he is more of a PC man than Apple.

Possibly Perturbee with her excellent expertise can help you can find a way back. I do hope so.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Minima wrote:I wish I could help further but I'm afraid Chris's view wasn't very positive. He feels you have done all the right things but any updates to the operating system can over-ride pre-set choices...in this case letting in something you definitely didn't want. However, he is more of a PC man than Apple.

Possibly Perturbee with her excellent expertise can help you can find a way back. I do hope so.
Thanks for making the call to him. I really appreciate it. :)
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I am not updating my iOS either - it's been telling me for a week and I am NOT doing it - thank you for the warning BlackBrit. I am so sorry that stupid EA managed to force the update on you.

I signed up with the FB group to change my profile picture and comment that I was not updating SFP and would not be playing for awhile. Hopefully, as more and more of us protest, they will DO something. My Sims were awake this morning - they are going back into hibernation tonight and I will just have to NOT turn on my iPad this coming week. That's fine, I'll read on my old Kindle or my Nook.
Ban SFP.jpg
Ban SFP.jpg (12.83 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Edit to add: Not logging on to iTunes either. Was going to download the Frozen soundtrack, but I think I will just go buy the CD and upload it to my iPod the old fashioned way. No iTunes, no iPad downloads, no iPad updates. I use a PC, so I don't have to worry about a Mac forced update. My phone, where my back up SFP is located, is Android and it tells me every time I turn on the data feed that there is a new version available - ignoring it and not opening the game on the phone at all.

Edited again to add: I posted a warning on their FB page, Blackbrit - maybe we can keep it from happening to somebody else.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I am not updating my iOS either - it's been telling me for a week and I am NOT doing it - thank you for the warning BlackBrit. I am so sorry that stupid EA managed to force the update on you.

I signed up with the FB group to change my profile picture and comment that I was not updating SFP and would not be playing for awhile. Hopefully, as more and more of us protest, they will DO something. My Sims were awake this morning - they are going back into hibernation tonight and I will just have to NOT turn on my iPad this coming week. That's fine, I'll read on my old Kindle or my Nook.
Ban SFP.jpg
Edit to add: Not logging on to iTunes either. Was going to download the Frozen soundtrack, but I think I will just go buy the CD and upload it to my iPod the old fashioned way. No iTunes, no iPad downloads, no iPad updates. I use a PC, so I don't have to worry about a Mac forced update. My phone, where my back up SFP is located, is Android and it tells me every time I turn on the data feed that there is a new version available - ignoring it and not opening the game on the phone at all.

Edited again to add: I posted a warning on their FB page, Blackbrit - maybe we can keep it from happening to somebody else.
Thanks for doing that, Karen. Definitely I would not upgrade the OS right now until we get this figured out - if that is even possible. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me on any platform. Unless I go back to the early 90's, I think. :lol:

It seems to me there must have been some code EA added to force an update when the device is synced. The Apple/Mac version of iTunes has always allowed me to choose to update, or not. In fact, I have iTunes set so that I have to actively choose that I want to update ANY app. Otherwise the updated app won't sync, and the app stays on its old version - even when the new version has been downloaded and is on my computer.

I hate it that I've got the update. I didn't want their servers to have my download (or anybody's downloads) counted toward their "success" with this fail of a move.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

blackbrit wrote:Okay. I have been very clear I was not going to update to the Life Dreams update. I set my iPad to NOT auto update. I also set my apps page in iTunes to NOT update SFP. There is a new iOS update, and prior to installing those I always do a backup to my computer. I did this, being very sure that SFP was set to NOT update (I was tempted to set it to "Remove" which I now think I should have done.)

When I came back to my iPad to install the iOS update, SFP had also updated! I have a cloud save, but am unsure whether I can delete this update by resetting and downloading my latest save.

Does anyone know?
Blackbrit, I saw this on FB. Maybe this could help?

"Guys, if you don't synch your Apple device with iTunes...you can delete the app from your device, and then re-synch it using iTunes to put the older version back. I did that. I'm good. No update here until this madness stops. Good luck!"

Hope it works for you.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

Blackbrit, I'm so sorry. It's kinda scary what they seem to be able to do on our devices without our wanting it! I did read about someone who updated their iOS and when it updated, their settings automatically reverted to where their auto update was on. When I updated, I went in to see if it had changed my setting but it hadn't. I was still on auto update off. Perhaps when you updated, it changed your setting to allow the auto update like I had read happened to many other people with the last iOS update (which patched a very serious vulnerability).
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

It's being reported on FB that some people who either updated by mistake or were forced into an update are NOT experiencing aging as long as they ignore the quest and don't let Osiris give them the aging controller - some of them are on their third day since update and since they didn't start they quest, they are just playing as usual.

Some people are unsure if this is actually working, but I'm guessing we will know in a week, when people who do NOT do the quest at all, but did get updated, will be able to report if they are aging or not as time goes by.

IF that happens, I could see sticking around - ignore the quest like we ignore the monuments. The hobbies have changed, and yes, it is harder to earn LP, and I have no idea if you build the beach with LP if your non-quested / non-personality Sims can even visit the new venues and DO anything.

I am hopeful that people who are either testing (like Perturbee & Hiser) or who were forced to update (like Blackbrit), may be able to tell us if NOT doing the quest at all, just ignoring it completely, and building one of the venues with LP instead of orbs, allows us to NOT have our existing Sims age and allows them to visit the new venues anyway (and I don't really care about the new venues - it would be interesting, but not at the cost of my Sims existence).

I only have one game - my Sims are going back into hibernation and I am turning my iPad off. I have other portable devices I can use for email and reading. Going to try to wait out the next couple of weeks and see what happens with the people who are testing.

Then I will make a decision about moving all of my Sims out of town, as Eileen did and just leaving the game sitting there, full of abandoned houses and wild animals until the next update comes along in 6 months and we see what they do with THAT!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:It's being reported on FB that some people who either updated by mistake or were forced into an update are NOT experiencing aging as long as they ignore the quest and don't let Osiris give them the aging controller - some of them are on their third day since update and since they didn't start they quest, they are just playing as usual.

Some people are unsure if this is actually working, but I'm guessing we will know in a week, when people who do NOT do the quest at all, but did get updated, will be able to report if they are aging or not as time goes by.

IF that happens, I could see sticking around - ignore the quest like we ignore the monuments. The hobbies have changed, and yes, it is harder to earn LP, and I have no idea if you build the beach with LP if your non-quested / non-personality Sims can even visit the new venues and DO anything.

I am hopeful that people who are either testing (like Perturbee & Hiser) or who were forced to update (like Blackbrit), may be able to tell us if NOT doing the quest at all, just ignoring it completely, and building one of the venues with LP instead of orbs, allows us to NOT have our existing Sims age and allows them to visit the new venues anyway (and I don't really care about the new venues - it would be interesting, but not at the cost of my Sims existence).

I only have one game - my Sims are going back into hibernation and I am turning my iPad off. I have other portable devices I can use for email and reading. Going to try to wait out the next couple of weeks and see what happens with the people who are testing.

Then I will make a decision about moving all of my Sims out of town, as Eileen did and just leaving the game sitting there, full of abandoned houses and wild animals until the next update comes along in 6 months and we see what they do with THAT!
That would be so great if that was the case. I don't care what I miss out on, as long as my Sims don't age outside of my control.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE