Proposals for EA to improve the game....

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
lemontwist
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Proposals for EA to improve the game....

Post by lemontwist »

Cyril wrote:The life goal actions are dictated, and some appear not to be able to achieve the goal in the lifetime of the Sim. If you are a player who can play a only a couple of times a day, a short goal is a waste of a Sim, they are doomed to die in vain.
I'm actually confused about that... One of my sims has the trampoline-a-thon goal. It's 18 minutes long. She does it and ages 18 minutes regardless of when I check the game, whether it be 20 minutes later or 4 hours later. The aging only happens when the sim is actively doing something, not when they're inactive or waiting. So this sim won't age out of being a preteen before I can do this activity many times.

I would say the bigger problem (at least for me), is that it's super boring and repetitive to do the same 18-minute goal over and over again. Conversely, I never get to interact with my sims who have 24-hour goals. They are constantly diving or fishing or whatever. I don't really get to interact with *any* of my sims that are working on a life goal, while they're working on that goal. Because they're working on that goal to the exclusion of all else.

I'd rather that the life goal is to amass a certain amount of personality-related XP using the special actions over a lifetime, rather than do the same thing over and over.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

lemontwist wrote:
Cyril wrote:The life goal actions are dictated, and some appear not to be able to achieve the goal in the lifetime of the Sim. If you are a player who can play a only a couple of times a day, a short goal is a waste of a Sim, they are doomed to die in vain.
I'm actually confused about that... One of my sims has the trampoline-a-thon goal. It's 18 minutes long. She does it and ages 18 minutes regardless of when I check the game, whether it be 20 minutes later or 4 hours later. The aging only happens when the sim is actively doing something, not when they're inactive or waiting. So this sim won't age out of being a preteen before I can do this activity many times.

I would say the bigger problem (at least for me), is that it's super boring and repetitive to do the same 18-minute goal over and over again. Conversely, I never get to interact with my sims who have 24-hour goals. They are constantly diving or fishing or whatever. I don't really get to interact with *any* of my sims that are working on a life goal, while they're working on that goal. Because they're working on that goal to the exclusion of all else.

I'd rather that the life goal is to amass a certain amount of personality-related XP using the special actions over a lifetime, rather than do the same thing over and over.
If they bring back the personality of Socialite, could one of the life goal is 'Be Romantic/Nice to someone' as much as possible. Wow, at least 2 Sims will aged together! :lol:
Yelell
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Yelell »

If they bring back the personality of Socialite, could one of the life goal is 'Be Romantic/Nice to someone' as much as possible. Wow, at least 2 Sims will aged together!
I know. They don't talk to each other anymore! My teen girl just wants to look up fitness on the computer. How about exercising or dancing, or discussing fitness with someone or something. And how very unhealthy to just surf the web all day- no school, no socializing, no sports, just sitting on her butt! That is her "fitness" life goal. :roll:
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

lemontwist wrote:

When I wrote my post I was labouring on the false belief that I had to get to 100% bronze orb during the toddler's lifespan. It was at this point I closed my game, and gave up.

By reading this forum, I found that I was wrong, and had all stages of a Sim's life to get a bronze orb. That's when I realised I really had done the right thing in giving up. Too long and too boring to be bothered to play this nonsense.

Today, the forum provided me with some hope, through the tip about passing on orbs, so I'm about to open my game and have another go.

If I'm going to keep on playing (and occasionally paying) EA will have to sort their gameplan, or I will most likely give up permanently.

I fear that the first thing they will do is close this new 'glitch'. If so, I reckon they'll lose even more players and hence more revenue.

We can but hope they do the right thing.
Game Centre Name: neildf
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

What I can't understand is why they choose to make our sim aging when they do tasks and not aging when they idle.....
It would have been better to do the opposite.... Make our sim age when we don't play with them, and stop aging when they do tasks....
In that case, people should actively PLAY to save their sim from aging.
And the more we play, the more we can buy stuff on purchase, no ?
Isn't is obvious ??

As I know a lot of players are disappointed or just quit the game....
I saw this pic on Facebook by Jessie Kruger and it made me laugh !
I must say..... Maybe our sims will die, but not players' creativity !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Bagatelle wrote:What I can't understand is why they choose to make our sim aging when they do tasks and not aging when they idle.....
It would have been better to do the opposite.... Make our sim age when we don't play with them, and stop aging when they do tasks....
In that case, people should actively PLAY to save their sim from aging.
And the more we play, the more we can buy stuff on purchase, no ?
Isn't is obvious ??

As I know a lot of players are disappointed or just quit the game....
I saw this pic on Facebook by Jessie Kruger and it made me laugh !
I must say..... Maybe our sims will die, but not players' creativity !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is worth a close look. Love it!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
moondrake
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by moondrake »

Mdimdim wrote:I totally agree with these posts. Also they should have given us all personality options and not just geek or sporty. If they make more available later our sims will not be able to change. I definitely want the old personalities back!
When I first saw the two allowed "personalities", I thought, "Only a bunch of game developers would see the world as divided between jocks and nerds.". This is my philosophy: The world is divided into two types of people; the ones who believe the world is divided into two types of people and the ones who don't. Count me among the latter.
EvilEmily2213
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EvilEmily2213 »

I'm sure most of you played the origional sims and sims 2. Remember it said "EA challenge everything" . Well I say we challenge them!