Proposals for EA to improve the game....

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Proposals for EA to improve the game....

Post by SeekerDraconis »

blackbrit wrote: This made me think how great it would be if we could choose the Sim or Sims to NOT have Life Dreams. They would go on in the old way, and they wouldn't earn orbs. That would be the "off" switch for aging. If we changed our minds we could give them a personality, and if we changed our minds again, we could give them one again. Now I'm really dreaming! EA would have to figure out what the darn orbs are for, or what they would earn. Now, they are another in-game currency: 4 Sim lives=platinum orb=different Sim gets to live.

I almost deleted this without posting it, as I now think FM wanted us to be freaked out our Sims will die. Frankly, at this point, their lives are so weird they aren't even our Sims anymore. I believe that FM killed the whole darn game. :shock:
Yes, it would be nice if we could choose what we wanted to do with our Sims again. *sigh* When I think of the possibilities of SFP and how great this new update would have been if EA/FM had just let us keep the control we'd always had in this game. And I truly believe people would have been willing to spend money on this game, if not more because they would have liked the new update so much. Instead I am sure EA is loosing money because of this update. I know I refuse to spend anymore money on this game and I used to spend a lot.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

EvilEmily2213 wrote:I agree with everything everyone has said. I have not done the update and won't unless they make me and when they do I won't play anymore. I have played since the game first came out I also play the sims 3 on my iPod and have since that came out. I have been disappointed the last few times they have updated, like taking away clothes we had and then making us do quests to get them back (they never did give us the men's clothes back) and making quests that are impossible to complete without Lps. As a loyal fan and player this makes me mad!
I'm sure EA/FM plan on having us pay or jump through hoops to have them give back to us the clothing that we originally had in the game but no longer have because they took it away.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
Yelell
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Yelell »

I wish sims would ONLY age while doing life goals. They could live their regular lives and when, or if, they complete their goals, then they move on to the next stage of their life.
Aspen713
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Aspen713 »

Yelell wrote:I wish sims would ONLY age while doing life goals. They could live their regular lives and when, or if, they complete their goals, then they move on to the next stage of their life.
I think this is an incredible idea ;)
GC- Aspen713
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

Aspen713 wrote:
Yelell wrote:I wish sims would ONLY age while doing life goals. They could live their regular lives and when, or if, they complete their goals, then they move on to the next stage of their life.
I think this is an incredible idea ;)
I agree. we could slowly work our sims toward their life dream WHENEVER we wanted, including the ability to ignore it completely if we wish to do so.

that way ea can keep their stupid orbs and we can keep our sims. we can have them master their hobby, excel at their job, have great family memories, all while actively working towards their life dream at the same time.

heck, i have two preteens that have been studying and attending school diligently for WEEKS and they still got two levels to go! had their life dream interferred, theyd have died a month ago.

im sure some people would go this route, especially sending a sim to the afterlife as long as its on their own terms. id be happy to send my old fella onto the afterlife if it meant I had him completely live his life to the fullest, versus kicking him out of town. not getting to enjoy retirement for a week before death breaks his door down.

the whole "legacy" thing can be sweet in a way, had it not been shoved down our throats in the most money hungry way possible.

I have a few sims id be glad to age up until the end to pass things on to younger generations to come. but as for killing my simself, boyfriend, and best friend sims? and then profiting off their death? no way! I dont care if its just a game. "pretend" killing of my loved ones is sick. highly disturbing.
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by EileenK98 »

Do you suppose they introduced this whole death/aging thing because they thought we were getting too attached to our Sims? They want us not to care now, since the Sims are just going to die in forty-two days anyway. What they've done is taken away all interest in playing for most of us. What's the point in doing anything with characters that are here one minute and gone the next?
New town, new Sims!

Haunted House: 2 East Oceanside
Library: 1 Museum Boulevard
Spa: 2 Museum Boulevard
The Winchesters' Bunker: 3 Eastside
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

EileenK98 wrote:Do you suppose they introduced this whole death/aging thing because they thought we were getting too attached to our Sims? They want us not to care now, since the Sims are just going to die in forty-two days anyway. What they've done is taken away all interest in playing for most of us. What's the point in doing anything with characters that are here one minute and gone the next?
I think this is a ploy to rid the towns of all the extra sims created by the baby glitch, and to get users to spend lps earned by the christmas glitch. (at least I think it was a christmas glitch, I just missed christmas by acouple weeks when I started playing - my tablet was a gift for myself :lol: )

why else would they literally ruin a game and make it so monotonous and unplayable? then again, this is EA we're talking about, the company that releases broken console games for full retail price, then charges you money to later download dlcs that contain the patches. its awful.
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
Yelell
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Yelell »

My cynical view is they had less people buy LP packs due to the Christmas glitch, and soon I fear they will make these orbs buyable for a high price. Some people will get so frustrated they'd just PAY to make it all go away. It's sad, there are less harsh ways to use up some of these extra LP if that's the problem. They could have had some LP only clothing packs or something that didn't take away from the gameplay.
Rutha1234
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Rutha1234 »

My husband stopped playing already, he didnt read the blogs and ended up killing his simself. That did it for him-he's done. I have 2 games going, one not updated for as long as i can hold out. Please EA make some changes!
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

I agree with all that has been said so far. For a week or so, I've just been lurking, listening to others, reserving judgement... Until I started playing from the very beginning on an old iPad.

My new game has no real life to it. I haven't planned anything, the names, looks of the sims, even the town is random. I don't care about them because I know that they will die soon. As soon as I reach level 24 death will begin.

Meanwhile, on another device, I have the grim reaper lurking around, because all of my adults have become seniors with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. They will be gone probably by tomorrow, and then the town will be run by two teens, two preteens and maybe a baby or toddler. It really is the simpocalypse.

EA/FM need to correct this, and quickly. Let us control our sims FREELY and figure out another use for your orbs. I have the beach and arcade, but what's the point of using them when the sims will die before they can finish the hobbies? The game has lost all of its charm and fun.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.