Proposals for EA to improve the game....

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Proposals for EA to improve the game....

Post by Bagatelle »

Hi everyone !

As many of you, I'm quite disappointed with the update...
I don't have any problem with Death, but I think automatic aging and Death are not a good evolution for the game.
The point of this game was that we can control and choose if our sims would be preteen, adult, toddler.... And now, we can't choose anymore, the game will change what we have done....
I'm okay with aging or even making some of my sims die, but we could choose if it's automatic aging or not.... And not by getting platinum Orbs that need sims to die ti get it....

I think that puting back personnalities is a good idea. And earning Orbs by doing actions relevant with a personnality is a good idea.
But I think it would be better if we choose which sims will do it, and when they achieve their Life Dream and earn a orb, we should be able to just put the orb in inventory. No need to make our sims die....
In that way, we can send our sim to school or work, and when he come back home, we make him do actions to achieve his Life Dream. No need to be worried because we maybe won't have enough time before he ages or dies.....
And making Orbs of personnalities to unlock some specific places or hobbies in a game relevant with these personnalities seems to be a good idea too for me. But making our sims die to obtain these Orbs is not a good idea.

I think there is some good ideas in these update, but not well done....
Automatic ages, Death without our control or unability to get Orbs while our sims are still alive are NOT good ideas at all.... :(
And think about people who actually BOUGHT sims with real money and won't have them anymore because they will grow up and die, and we can't do anything unless we pay a huge amount of LP or we make other sims die to get platinum Orbs.....

And LP are now really hard to get !! I understand that the purpose is certainly to make us BUY pack of LPs.... But what a bad calculation..... A lot of players are getting more and more disgusted.....

I really hope EA or FM will read all the comments and will make some adjustements to this update....
SFP is a game of faithful players.... People playing for months or even years....
I personnally have never played a game more than several weeks, except for SFP.... It was a game with a lot of new things, regular updates that made the game evolve..... That's why some many people play for months....
It's such a pity this update change everything....
I used to play everyday, and now, I'm just so sad to see all these zombies in my town.... :(

Sorry for my poor english..... Hope my feelings are understandable....I just wanted to share my point of vue and hoping that if FM follow this great forum, they could change not everything of the update, but the worst part.....
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
Bendybanana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Proposals for EA to improve the game....

Post by Bendybanana »

Great post! This pretty much sums up my opinion. I don't mind the update so much but I don't like losing control over my sims. It seems to make the game a bit pointless. Also, some of the life goals are incredibly repetitive for not much apparent gain, e.g dream of zombie apocalypse I'll have to get the sim to do it 100 times to achieve the goal. That's just dull.
HFN = 21 West Side
Fire pole = 2 Fortune Docks
Haunted House = Volcano View
Dog = 3 West Oceanside
Cat = 4 West Oceanside
Level 55, all updates
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Brilliantly put Bagatelle. Game is just not the same.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Bendybanana wrote:Great post! This pretty much sums up my opinion. I don't mind the update so much but I don't like losing control over my sims. It seems to make the game a bit pointless. Also, some of the life goals are incredibly repetitive for not much apparent gain, e.g dream of zombie apocalypse I'll have to get the sim to do it 100 times to achieve the goal. That's just dull.
Yes, the game has become repetitive and boring. The whole focus now is in making our sims do the same thing over and over before they die. There is no time for any sort of interaction between our sims. The social goals are pointless;who has time to visit neighbours? LP's non existent as we can't release sims to do hobbies and the joy of building and updating houses has gone.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

In a survey response to them I wrote that there was now no need for new hobbies or new community places because in the new update a Sim's Life Dream (insipid Life Dream) creates gaming conditions so the Sims in the game could no longer do those sorts of things. I, too, feel that we now have, in effect, no need to play. This version of the game is very much like a factory production line where we have lost all control, and where imagination is out of place.

I suggested they might consider the parallels between asking us these sorts of questions in a survey about new hobbies and community lots and the world of George Orwell in "1984." That is the world our Sims have joined.

So, I agree with you, Bagatelle. I have a few more things I will do as a SFP player, and then I will leave my town to zombify in the cloud. I don't have deadlines for any of this, and as an optimist I still hope EA/FM will realize that they have, in fact, created SFP 2 and destroyed SFP, where the player's imagination, narratives, and choices were the primary element in bringing the game to life.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Great post Bagatelle! I agree with everything you've said! I would also like to add that I think it would also make the game a lot more fun if they also let us choose from the list of Life Dreams assigned to each personality which Life Dream we would like for our individual Sims to follow when we give them a personality.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

SeekerDraconis wrote:Great post Bagatelle! I agree with everything you've said! I would also like to add that I think it would also make the game a lot more fun if they also let us choose from the list of Life Dreams assigned to each personality which Life Dream we would like for our individual Sims to follow when we give them a personality.
This made me think how great it would be if we could choose the Sim or Sims to NOT have Life Dreams. They would go on in the old way, and they wouldn't earn orbs. That would be the "off" switch for aging. If we changed our minds we could give them a personality, and if we changed our minds again, we could give them one again. Now I'm really dreaming! EA would have to figure out what the darn orbs are for, or what they would earn. Now, they are another in-game currency: 4 Sim lives=platinum orb=different Sim gets to live.

I almost deleted this without posting it, as I now think FM wanted us to be freaked out our Sims will die. Frankly, at this point, their lives are so weird they aren't even our Sims anymore. I believe that FM killed the whole darn game. :shock:
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
EvilEmily2213
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EvilEmily2213 »

I agree with everything everyone has said. I have not done the update and won't unless they make me and when they do I won't play anymore. I have played since the game first came out I also play the sims 3 on my iPod and have since that came out. I have been disappointed the last few times they have updated, like taking away clothes we had and then making us do quests to get them back (they never did give us the men's clothes back) and making quests that are impossible to complete without Lps. As a loyal fan and player this makes me mad!
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

Thanks you everyone ! ;)
EvilEmily2213 wrote: As a loyal fan and player this makes me mad!
I understand....
For me, it really makes me sad.....
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
MissLee
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MissLee »

Bagatelle wrote:Thanks you everyone ! ;)
EvilEmily2213 wrote: As a loyal fan and player this makes me mad!
I understand....
For me, it really makes me sad.....
Ditto to all these previous comments and posts..SFP is the only game I play and when all of my Sims have died I will be removing it from my IPad, as I was given (along with everyone else ) no say in its outcome. Yes I understand death is a part of life but this is a game we have chosen to play as a form of expression, escaping and enjoyment. Since updating it's quite sad seeing my sim community on their pathway to their demise :(
Level 42. TV 6942310. 23Sims