All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Who is and who isn't updating?

Post by scarletbegonias »

I have a fire hydrant at my two story mansion, no reindeer or HFN yet though :(

I do however have quite a bit of what you need for social goals, if youd like.
I also just checked, and I have you on my neighbors list. I should be "milo sims town" :lol:
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
moondrake
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by moondrake »

scarletbegonias wrote:I have a fire hydrant at my two story mansion, no reindeer or HFN yet though :(

I do however have quite a bit of what you need for social goals, if youd like.
I also just checked, and I have you on my neighbors list. I should be "milo sims town" :lol:
Awesome, I will visit this evening! Thanks.
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

moondrake wrote: Also, I am trying to find a fire hydrant in a neighbor's town without success. I tried looking at some smaller towns as I was forced to build one early on but no luck. Anyone have one I could visit?
Thanks!
HFN in my town should have most if not all things, see FB link and HFN address in the signature. There are some reindeer on the island near the Bliss monument, not as many as some have but they bring LP once in a while. I had updated, was kind of bored with the game already but the only thing update had done so far is reduce the desire to play even more. They found way to kill the game, literally ;)
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
moondrake
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by moondrake »

jaymart wrote:HFN in my town should have most if not all things, see FB link and HFN address in the signature. There are some reindeer on the island near the Bliss monument, not as many as some have but they bring LP once in a while. I had updated, was kind of bored with the game already but the only thing update had done so far is reduce the desire to play even more. They found way to kill the game, literally ;)
Thanks! I am spoiled because I think the reindeer farm I was visiting was one of the "glitched" ones, it was very generous with LP. Huge reindeer farms don't work well for me, anyway. My tablet's got a 13.3" screen so it's great for spending time with my sims, but it's not a high end device and seems to have trouble rendering big reindeer farms. The one I was visiting had maybe 2 dozen reindeer on it and worked fine, but I found one someplace that must have had a hundred and they spent most of the time frozen or moving very sluggishly.
PenguinJ2
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by PenguinJ2 »

I've updated.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the update.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

PenguinJ2 wrote:I've updated.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the update.
What level are you on, and what are you enjoying the most? Thanks for sharing your experiences! :D
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
lissabmont
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by lissabmont »

I've updated and, after the first week of being totally confused, I like it more and more each day I play.

I'm at level 32, with 23 sims and one on the way. Been playing since early January. I've been playing the sims since the late 90's, and find this update to be a mix of SFP pre-update combined with sims 3. Real-time play, no stacking of tasks, ease of visiting neighbors, ease of completion of goals, all those are things I like about SFP. Now they've added age progression, as they had in sims 3, and I think it works even better.

I should mention that I am naturally goal-oriented, as opposed to process oriented. Before the update, I would find myself humming "this is the game that never ends, it goes on and on my friends..." - not that that's bad, I was just getting bored.

The game now is much more complex and requires planning and thought. I really like that. My goal is to open the beach, and all of the things in the arcade and beach. (The arcade is really cool, btw, it even has rides for toddlers.). To do that requires looking at all of my sims to see where they are with their progression, who will marry whom, where they will live, etc.

I started the quest the day the update came out, and aside from the one sim they make you kill in the quest, all my adult sims are still adults. My teen idol became an adult (note the cap and gown in my avatar) , got married and their baby was born yesterday! To me that's way cooler than having him sing that horrid song for hours on end.

Two sims I started as infants have progressed to teens and have already gotten their orbs. Now they can focus on other things.

It's been confusing and challenging, but I prefer it that way.

Edited to add: FYI, the LP, XP and Simoleons drops all have noticeably increased. My plan was and is to not spend a penny on this game (other than the pool cleaner and I'm still pissed I had to pay two bucks for that), and I haven't had to buy any LP despite starting the quest with less than 5. So for me, having missed the updates where you could get lots of money and LP, this is a bonanza.
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

lissabmont wrote:I've updated and, after the first week of being totally confused, I like it more and more each day I play.
-snip-
I should mention that I am naturally goal-oriented, as opposed to process oriented. Before the update, I would find myself humming "this is the game that never ends, it goes on and on my friends..." - not that that's bad, I was just getting bored.

The game now is much more complex and requires planning and thought. I really like that. My goal is to open the beach, and all of the things in the arcade and beach. (The arcade is really cool, btw, it even has rides for toddlers.). To do that requires looking at all of my sims to see where they are with their progression, who will marry whom, where they will live, etc.
-snip-
Still haven't updated my main game, I want to finish some stuff (like a cathouse) before updating.

The thing you mention about SFP being a game without end and that it now requires planning and thought is why I think some like the update and some don't. The game has really become a new game.
For me SFP was the game I could just play without thinking, making my own stories and goals or just fool around. Real life is quiet chaotic (especially at the moment) so I prefered that above other games that did require planning, thought, strategics, tactics, etc.My brains were just too tired for all that.

I think I will be updating somewhere this week, if RL doesn't get in the way.
And them I'll see how much I like this new SFP if I'm really playing it instead of testing stuff.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

hiser1974 wrote:
lissabmont wrote:I've updated and, after the first week of being totally confused, I like it more and more each day I play.
-snip-

-snip-
Still haven't updated my main game, I want to finish some stuff (like a cathouse) before updating.

The thing you mention about SFP being a game without end and that it now requires planning and thought is why I think some like the update and some don't. The game has really become a new game.
For me SFP was the game I could just play without thinking, making my own stories and goals or just fool around. Real life is quiet chaotic (especially at the moment) so I prefered that above other games that did require planning, thought, strategics, tactics, etc.My brains were just too tired for all that.

I think I will be updating somewhere this week, if RL doesn't get in the way.
And them I'll see how much I like this new SFP if I'm really playing it instead of testing stuff.
Hi Hiser - I've been playing my real game in the update for about 2 weeks now. For me, it isn't as fun because I used it much like you, as a refuge from the complications of real life, and a place for little bursts of creativity when I had time.

With all you now know it may still be possible to play in that way. I'll be interested in hearing how it strikes you as you go into it with a lot of knowledge. Going into it with ignorance, with my reasons and method of game play and at level 53, well, let's just say only the forum and the hope of a patch kept me going through what for me was the ridiculous drudgery of completing Life Dreams so I could "kill" my suddenly expendable Sims to save the others. :roll:

More knowledge of the update has helped reinsert some fun, or I'd have put the game down for an extended period with all Sims idle a few days ago.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

*sighhhhh* I still havent updated. I keep thinking about taking the plunge but I just cant :(!
I only have a 25 sim limit cus im only on level 30 something but I wanna save 20 of my 24 existing sims and feel as if I dont have enough open slots for "disposable" sims, and im worried that if I wait til the next update ill lose the darn fish (even though its not necessary, but im a new player as of late January and I really want some nifty stuff :()

I wonder what will happen if i just wait til the next update?
you would think that being so new id be less attached to my sims. nope...
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)