All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Who is and who isn't updating?

Post by mommacude »

J-is-for-Jane wrote:
- I wanted I needed to stop myself from compulsively collecting the free teen idol instruments in the un-updated game :P
Oh. My instruments cost me, guess I should have waited a few days to update :)
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I'm not updating. Not yet. Waiting to see how Markmi's game goes (updated, but not starting the quest). I removed all the phones from all but one of my houses (an unoccupied house) so that if get a forced update I won't accidentally start the quest with the first task (Call a Friend). I was going to try to do the baby glitch, but got so depressed with this pending update that I didn't do it. I'm just going to add my last two adults that I had planned at the beginning and will give up on adding the other two families. I didn't want to add more than about 8 other Sims, so it wasn't like I was going to go crazy - still not sure how to actually DO the baby glitch anyway and since they are forcing us all down to the limit, it didn't seem worth it. I do want to try to move Arabella and her 4 cats before I update, since I know I can't do it after. She's the only one with more than 2 pets (although Charlie's family has a dog, a cat and 2 reindeer). Would like for Rolanda and/or Bert to have a couple more reindeer, but don't know if I can do it. I have a ton of free reindeer in my pet shop, but I think I'm going to have to make some out of town family members to move in with the singles, move them around, delete the out of towners and then create my final two adults.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

Bagatelle wrote:
Cyril wrote:I'm just about to do it. I was a bit bored having reached Level 53, developed all of my town, and had a massive Sim population thanks to the Baby Glitch.
My final task will be to do some of the long baking and planting in advance of any goals, pumpkins and the like. Using the Stairs Glitch of course;-)

I did the Baby Glitch again, so am taking 76 toddler Sims into the new world, ready for the dreaded harvesting of orbs. To make sure I don't get too attached to them, I've numbered them from 01 to 76. My personal goal is to get 7 Platinum Orbs to protect my seven favourite characters, then another 12 so that I can keep my storyline with 19 permanent Sims, and the rest going through the lifecycle.

I've kept 5 blinking cribs from the glitch for future use, so if I'm forced to add a Sim, I won't have to delete my 'cattle'. I know I'll eventually have to settle with the 32 Sim limit, but I've adapted my storyline to cope with that.

It'll be a challenge, but one I'm doing with trepidation, rather than anticipation.
I'm really happy to read some positive attitude about this update, we are all so disappointed.
Your post is refreshing..... Thank you Cyril ! :)

Hope you'll keep it ! :D

Cheers, Bagatelle

It's updating now...
Fingers crossed...
Game Centre Name: neildf
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

I haven't updated and refuse to do so until absolutely necessary :(
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

Cyril wrote:
Bagatelle wrote:
Cyril wrote:I'm just about to do it. I was a bit bored having reached Level 53, developed all of my town, and had a massive Sim population thanks to the Baby Glitch.
My final task will be to do some of the long baking and planting in advance of any goals, pumpkins and the like. Using the Stairs Glitch of course;-)

I did the Baby Glitch again, so am taking 76 toddler Sims into the new world, ready for the dreaded harvesting of orbs. To make sure I don't get too attached to them, I've numbered them from 01 to 76. My personal goal is to get 7 Platinum Orbs to protect my seven favourite characters, then another 12 so that I can keep my storyline with 19 permanent Sims, and the rest going through the lifecycle.

I've kept 5 blinking cribs from the glitch for future use, so if I'm forced to add a Sim, I won't have to delete my 'cattle'. I know I'll eventually have to settle with the 32 Sim limit, but I've adapted my storyline to cope with that.

It'll be a challenge, but one I'm doing with trepidation, rather than anticipation.
I'm really happy to read some positive attitude about this update, we are all so disappointed.
Your post is refreshing..... Thank you Cyril ! :)

Hope you'll keep it ! :D

Cheers, Bagatelle

It's updating now...
Fingers crossed...
Holy cow, Cyril!
My preteen was doing karate overnight in your town :shock:
Glad I jumped on here this morning(it's my new obsession :roll: :lol: )
Retrieved him successfully!
Will miss your town until I'm forced to update.
Leads me to wonder.
If you've a sim in a non updated town, then they update, can you still go there to retrieve your sim?
I may have gotten him out in the nick of time! :o

Edit: not updating until forced.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I'm not updating. Not yet. Waiting to see how Markmi's game goes (updated, but not starting the quest). I removed all the phones from all but one of my houses (an unoccupied house) so that if get a forced update I won't accidentally start the quest with the first task (Call a Friend). I was going to try to do the baby glitch, but got so depressed with this pending update that I didn't do it. I'm just going to add my last two adults that I had planned at the beginning and will give up on adding the other two families. I didn't want to add more than about 8 other Sims, so it wasn't like I was going to go crazy - still not sure how to actually DO the baby glitch anyway and since they are forcing us all down to the limit, it didn't seem worth it. I do want to try to move Arabella and her 4 cats before I update, since I know I can't do it after. She's the only one with more than 2 pets (although Charlie's family has a dog, a cat and 2 reindeer). Would like for Rolanda and/or Bert to have a couple more reindeer, but don't know if I can do it. I have a ton of free reindeer in my pet shop, but I think I'm going to have to make some out of town family members to move in with the singles, move them around, delete the out of towners and then create my final two adults.
It's going to take a long time for them to force us down to the limit though....
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
Firrewhisper
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Firrewhisper »

Others who haven't updated.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1451
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Firrewhisper wrote:Others who haven't updated.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1451
Thank you! I didn't notice this other thread.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

Akmawmaw wrote:
Holy cow, Cyril!
My preteen was doing karate overnight in your town :shock:
Glad I jumped on here this morning(it's my new obsession :roll: :lol: )
Retrieved him successfully!
Will miss your town until I'm forced to update.
Leads me to wonder.
If you've a sim in a non updated town, then they update, can you still go there to retrieve your sim?
I may have gotten him out in the nick of time! :o

Edit: not updating until forced.
Akmawmaw

I don't think a Sim would get trapped that way. A visitor isn't in the actual town, just a copy of it from the last a Cloud save that you visit.

I have a Facebook account for gaming, Cyril Fletcher. Its town isn't updated, and has a lot of SP goals pre-done. If you friend that account on FB, I'll post you a list of the houses to visit to get the goals done on arrival!
It'll be a few weeks before I access this again, to fix a couple of goals, so will be available until then.

Cyril
Game Centre Name: neildf
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

I haven't updated and I plain to avoid it as long as possible. I've enough personal goals in my town to keep me busy and the game not boring for me at all. So I intend to sit this out and see how things develop in the future. Iäm especially opposed to the idea that basicaly FM is now telling my what my sims have to do or when I have to play the game with certain hobbies only doable at certain times. I want to play when I'm in the mood and my RL leaves me time and not when they dictate it.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London