Who is and who isn't updating?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Who is and who isn't updating?

Post by mommacude »

I was wondering if we should start a list of who is updating and who isn't. That way we know who we can visit.

If you haven't, are you planning to later?

I've already updated mine. I haven't reached the life goals update yet.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Who is and who isn't updating?

Post by penlopej »

Foolishly, I've updated. Initially I deleted all of my sims except for 12 as I was going to hibernate them after the life goals. However I have since decided to play so I've added 4 toddlers and 11 adults. I still have quite a lot of LP's from the reindeer glitch so hopefully I can keep the grim reaper at bay for my chosen sims. I live in hopes that FM will listen to us so that we can carry on playing the game.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

I'm fairly new to the game so I don't have a stockpile of LP. I'm just going to play along and see how it goes. I figure once my sims with real names die I'll just bring them back as babies with the same name or just start using names from my favorite TV shows
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Game #1 is updated, while game #2 is not.
It's not possible to visit an updated town from a not updated town, while it's possible the other way.
Game #2 will be updated at some point.
Last edited by Microdot on 22 Mar 2014, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

I'm just about to do it. I was a bit bored having reached Level 53, developed all of my town, and had a massive Sim population thanks to the Baby Glitch.
My final task will be to do some of the long baking and planting in advance of any goals, pumpkins and the like. Using the Stairs Glitch of course;-)

I did the Baby Glitch again, so am taking 76 toddler Sims into the new world, ready for the dreaded harvesting of orbs. To make sure I don't get too attached to them, I've numbered them from 01 to 76. My personal goal is to get 7 Platinum Orbs to protect my seven favourite characters, then another 12 so that I can keep my storyline with 19 permanent Sims, and the rest going through the lifecycle.

I've kept 5 blinking cribs from the glitch for future use, so if I'm forced to add a Sim, I won't have to delete my 'cattle'. I know I'll eventually have to settle with the 32 Sim limit, but I've adapted my storyline to cope with that.

It'll be a challenge, but one I'm doing with trepidation, rather than anticipation.
Game Centre Name: neildf
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Microdot wrote:Game #1 is updated, while game #2 is not.
It's not possible to visit an updated town from a not updated town, while it's possible the other way.
Game #2 will be updated at some point.
Oh that makes sense. I've visited a few towns and haven't had any trouble. (I've updated)

I'm taking a long bath in your town right now by the way. Checking on your reindeer while I'm at it. Don't want them to feel neglected, although I'm sure they get lots of visitors. :lol:
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Cyril wrote:I'm just about to do it. I was a bit bored having reached Level 53, developed all of my town, and had a massive Sim population thanks to the Baby Glitch.
My final task will be to do some of the long baking and planting in advance of any goals, pumpkins and the like. Using the Stairs Glitch of course;-)

I did the Baby Glitch again, so am taking 76 toddler Sims into the new world, ready for the dreaded harvesting of orbs. To make sure I don't get too attached to them, I've numbered them from 01 to 76. My personal goal is to get 7 Platinum Orbs to protect my seven favourite characters, then another 12 so that I can keep my storyline with 19 permanent Sims, and the rest going through the lifecycle.

I've kept 5 blinking cribs from the glitch for future use, so if I'm forced to add a Sim, I won't have to delete my 'cattle'. I know I'll eventually have to settle with the 32 Sim limit, but I've adapted my storyline to cope with that.

It'll be a challenge, but one I'm doing with trepidation, rather than anticipation.
I couldn't do the baby glitch since my level is too low. I hear the stair glitch no longer works. Don't have reindeer. Guess we will have to find new ones with new secret rewards. I still have much to do. I really want a Bengal cat but I swap between iPhone and iPad so I'm forever using LP to finish a task and go home so I can cloud save.
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

Cyril wrote:I'm just about to do it. I was a bit bored having reached Level 53, developed all of my town, and had a massive Sim population thanks to the Baby Glitch.

I'm really happy to read some positive attitude about this update, we are all so disappointed.
Your post is refreshing..... Thank you Cyril ! :)
Hope you'll keep it ! :D
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
144Vaux
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by 144Vaux »

I couldn't do the baby glitch as I wasn't high enough, so I decided to bite the bullet and do the update.
Completed the quest and unlocked the Singing Fish.
Now have 3 Sims working on Life Orbs, (soon to be more, when I can be bothered), and the rest are inactive, only stirring themselves now and again to go to a Neighbour's and get inspired by a Singing Fish.

I reckon that the current situation is the 'transitory' period between pre/post Update and that, once the boring period collecting Platinum Orbs is over, everything will settle down so that we have 'frozen' our beloved Sims, and have a smaller number of peeps whose only job is working towards Life Dreams. I'm assuming that there will be a need for more Orbs in the future so, once I have built the Beach and Arcade, there will always be a need to accumulate a few in Inventory ready for the next update.

It is very tedious but not impossible, so it seems the best way to go for me ... your feelings may be different.
At least I have not yet lost any of my important little people :)

(The one thing that really bothered me was that my Travelling Reindeer Circus was temporarily at the wrong house ... and I forgot! Now they are stranded. Waaaaaah!)
GC Id: 144Vaux
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

I updated... much earlier than I thought I would.

- I wanted to hit level 51 before I updated, and that took a much shorter time than I anticipated.

- I wanted to open myself up to the idea of drastic new gameplay.

- I wanted a premise for why this crisis would be hitting my sims. Came up with one that satisifies my need for "story."

- I didn't map out a specific game plan. I had a general direction for how I thought things might go, but that's changed already. I'll feel my way around and proceed cautiously.

- I needed to stop myself from compulsively collecting the free teen idol instruments in the un-updated game :P