All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Jessilynn83
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Teen Update info

Post by Jessilynn83 »

Nandireya wrote:
Chezza wrote:So just sent my first teen to high school....bit disappointed to see no uniform :|
Even though the game is basically made in Australia it follows the American social norms...and if American TV and movies have taught me anything it's that their high school students don't wear uniforms. How else can we distinguish the stereotypic ale cliques?

Most of the schools in America don't wear uniforms including elementary, and most of the public ones that do have uniforms are very laid back. When I first saw the uniforms in Australia I thought of private schools. :shock:
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lucyvp867 »

No idea where I should put this but just wanted to warn everybody about purchasing an adopt-a-teen pack.

I attempted to do it last night, it took me to my iTunes store to "verify" before it would allow me to purchase it. I did that. Went back to the game and was told "transaction cancelled". So, I tried again. Got the teen pack and everything was fine till I checked my iTunes this morning and realized I had been double billed.

I went to iTunes to get a refund and they now have it set up where if you are refund an item? Then your game will no longer be updated. I think that is a bunch of BS. Basically, go through the developer red tape to get your refund or delete the game since it will never be updated again.

I will not be purchasing anything else from them because I don't agree with the way they handle refunds.
marcy christian
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by marcy christian »

Delphine wrote:Ice skating, diving and soon he's gonna play music (update mid november)
Can teens compete at the Competition Center in any of those 3 hobbies? (I ask because, although preteens could reach the top of the Diving skill, they still weren't eligible to compete in diving competitions.)
Level 47, TV = $224 million, House For Neighbors: #3 East Oceanside (Alice Jones), HouseBOAT For Neighbors: southernmost houseboat (Regina Fashionista, pro skateboarder); Haunted House: #22 West Side
starrywonder
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by starrywonder »

marcy christian wrote:
Delphine wrote:Ice skating, diving and soon he's gonna play music (update mid november)
Can teens compete at the Competition Center in any of those 3 hobbies? (I ask because, although preteens could reach the top of the Diving skill, they still weren't eligible to compete in diving competitions.)

Yes teens are eligible if they have been training in that hobby.
Updated for Sunset Mall.

I have the Arcade, Public Beach, Horses, Carnival, and Pet Park.

HFN at 1 Diver's Lane
Firepole at 2 Firehouse Road
Dog at 2 Firehouse Road
Cat at 22 West Side
Most houses have every item you need.
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

I'm having the hardest time leveling up the Hollywood sign to unlock the teen mansion. I've completed all levels of the hobby twice and now I have two teens working simultaneously. I've tried the trick to change in/out of swimsuit for hours but haven't gotten very far. Any new tricks people have found useful? Does anyone think it's worth having more teens? Help please!
Level 55; Penthouse Update
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

alligatorade52 wrote:I'm having the hardest time leveling up the Hollywood sign to unlock the teen mansion. I've completed all levels of the hobby twice and now I have two teens working simultaneously. I've tried the trick to change in/out of swimsuit for hours but haven't gotten very far. Any new tricks people have found useful? Does anyone think it's worth having more teens? Help please!
I had two teens working on it for two weeks - made me crazy. If you have any athletes, for some reason nearly every day, when I had my two athlete used the telephone to call Mom or Call a Friend, they got a radio interview. It didn't happen with anybody else, just them. Maybe it'll work for you, too.

My first teen idol got a couple of the cameo shots while taking showers and studying at her desk (for the 45 minute task, not the little short one). It was mostly just grinding through the hobby over and over again with the two of them skipping school that got most of the items and when I got to where it was only 30 LP to finish the darn thing, I did it. I had my wood workers and ice skaters working through their hobby repeatedly - they can earn 3 LP every day (or even hourly if I have 4 of them doing it in the 4 minute intervals). I had all the strobe light things and microphones, so I gave up and paid to finish the rarer cameo / film clapboard thing. My mansion is under construction and should finish around midnight. Meanwhile, I still have my teens singing and playing for fun, but I've sent them back to school (and of course Cedric came home from school and brought a cameo reward with him when he arrived home - now that I don't need it)! My wood workers and ice skaters have already earned back the 30 LP I spent, so it was worth it to me.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I had two teens working on it for two weeks - made me crazy. If you have any athletes, for some reason nearly every day, when I had my two athlete used the telephone to call Mom or Call a Friend, they got a radio interview. It didn't happen with anybody else, just them. Maybe it'll work for you, too.

My first teen idol got a couple of the cameo shots while taking showers and studying at her desk (for the 45 minute task, not the little short one). It was mostly just grinding through the hobby over and over again with the two of them skipping school that got most of the items and when I got to where it was only 30 LP to finish the darn thing, I did it. I had my wood workers and ice skaters working through their hobby repeatedly - they can earn 3 LP every day (or even hourly if I have 4 of them doing it in the 4 minute intervals). I had all the strobe light things and microphones, so I gave up and paid to finish the rarer cameo / film clapboard thing. My mansion is under construction and should finish around midnight. Meanwhile, I still have my teens singing and playing for fun, but I've sent them back to school (and of course Cedric came home from school and brought a cameo reward with him when he arrived home - now that I don't need it)! My wood workers and ice skaters have already earned back the 30 LP I spent, so it was worth it to me.
Thanks for the advice. I will keep grinding away and maybe give in and use the LPs, though I'll have to hobby some sims like crazy since I don't have more than 10 at the moment. Hopefully I can get there soon! :)
Level 55; Penthouse Update
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

alligatorade52 wrote:I'm having the hardest time leveling up the Hollywood sign to unlock the teen mansion. I've completed all levels of the hobby twice and now I have two teens working simultaneously. I've tried the trick to change in/out of swimsuit for hours but haven't gotten very far. Any new tricks people have found useful? Does anyone think it's worth having more teens? Help please!

I use the trick i havé described on this forum : i save and load the game when a music song is finished. With this method, i complète quite fast the table to get the three ressources. I Never get a song i already had. You should try :)
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)