Teen Update info

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
simsie1
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Teen Update info

Post by simsie1 »

Are you supposed to get the progressive goals before the mystery box? I have completed the first week of the mystery box goals and am not that impressed! But i haven't had any progressive goals yet, although i can see the tv in the home store...
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

So who or what are Progressive, I live in the UK and have never heard of them?
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

It's an insurance company, most known for car insurance, also boat and motorcycle insurance. They have semi-annoying commercials with a really annoying (to me) spokeswoman, named Flo. I only had 1 Sim without a TV, by choice, so I put the Progressive TV in her house, just long enough to do the goals. She hasn't turned it on since :). Bought 2 cars since they were free, but several Sims refused to drive it and I had to keep moving it around until a a Sim would get in it, so I could do the 3 Sims driving at once. Amos liked it and Seamus finally accepted the other one after it was refused by most of the women. I had Irma steal Rosemerta's Prius to be the 3rd driver and she liked it so much, I bought a Prius for her own household. I think Seamus took it for the promo, since he's an actor he probably thought he would get some attention in the big ol' ugly car.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:It's an insurance company, most known for car insurance, also boat and motorcycle insurance. They have semi-annoying commercials with a really annoying (to me) spokeswoman, named Flo. I only had 1 Sim without a TV, by choice, so I put the Progressive TV in her house, just long enough to do the goals. She hasn't turned it on since :). Bought 2 cars since they were free, but several Sims refused to drive it and I had to keep moving it around until a a Sim would get in it, so I could do the 3 Sims driving at once. Amos liked it and Seamus finally accepted the other one after it was refused by most of the women. I had Irma steal Rosemerta's Prius to be the 3rd driver and she liked it so much, I bought a Prius for her own household. I think Seamus took it for the promo, since he's an actor he probably thought he would get some attention in the big ol' ugly car.

Thanks Hufflepuff Karen
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

So just sent my first teen to high school....bit disappointed to see no uniform :|
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote: [snip]
but several Sims refused to drive it and I had to keep moving it around until a a Sim would get in it, so I could do the 3 Sims driving at once. Amos liked it and Seamus finally accepted the other one after it was refused by most of the women. I had Irma steal Rosemerta's Prius to be the 3rd driver and she liked it so much, I bought a Prius for her own household. I think Seamus took it for the promo, since he's an actor he probably thought he would get some attention in the big ol' ugly car.
When I tried the chasing cars after the update, several sims refused to drive, too. But they all should drive a luxury car. So, the reason is not the ugly car.
At least I had 5 drivers, but then my game crashed while collecting from the notes. All sims had left their tasks, so I had to reset the game. I had a fresh cloud save and I didn't really lose progress.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

telemwill wrote:So this mystery box item is supposed to take the place of the lps? I would much rather decide for myself how to spend my goal rewards.
Oh no, this does not sound good to me... I dislike change. Hahrump...
harumph.jpg
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

Sorry if I've missed this info, but does anyone know what hobbies a teenager can do?
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

Ice skating, diving and soon he's gonna play music (update mid november)
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Nandireya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nandireya »

Chezza wrote:So just sent my first teen to high school....bit disappointed to see no uniform :|
Even though the game is basically made in Australia it follows the American social norms...and if American TV and movies have taught me anything it's that their high school students don't wear uniforms. How else can we distinguish the stereotypic ale cliques?