Changes with the teen update

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Changes with the teen update

Post by Akmawmaw »

Has anyone noticed that the house values when you pop the money bubbles went down even more? My starter home is now worth a whopping 5 simoleans when it recharges. And it seems some of the recharge times went way up. Or am I just now noticing this? It seems hardly worth tapping for them. Don't know about the XP as I never really noticed how much it ever gave. Just mindlessly popped bubbles.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Akmawmaw wrote:Has anyone noticed that the house values when you pop the money bubbles went down even more? My starter home is now worth a whopping 5 simoleans when it recharges. And it seems some of the recharge times went way up. Or am I just now noticing this? It seems hardly worth tapping for them. Don't know about the XP as I never really noticed how much it ever gave. Just mindlessly popped bubbles.
Yes, but with the Mystery update already. The longest time in my town is 100 hours. I'm not sure, but I think, my houses at West Side haven't changed. From my starter house I could always collect 5 simoleons every minute (except the CC-time)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Palmjill wrote:
SIMazing wrote: Hmm... I think I like it. Are these separate items to put trophies on, and you gathered them together for the pic, or are they grouped already? I'm hopeful to have items to hang on my wall that I can put stuff under as well.
It's just one item that takes up 3 squares. The items magically appear each time your teen sim levels up!
Ok. Thanks. I will have to figure out where I can put it. It's not exactly the most convenient arrangement, but it nice to at least get something.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

I think they have divided by two (rounded down) the buildings rewards and the Times sent twice since the mystèry Island update. I have no idéa if they have continued to decrease the rewards with the teens update.
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Another annoying thing I have noticed; when in a neighbour's town, the "Hobbies" section of the SIm Tracker is permanently blank. I can no-longer see any information regarding what hobby level my sim is on, nor on what medals (or other rewards) they have accumulated so far.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Not sure if anyone has gotten, but i have received 2 hobby-related goals in own town that require to produce a certain item/medal

1st one is to get spiral spill from diving
2nd one is to create red boots from fashion designing..

fortunately, it can be done by multiple Sims so that chance of getting the required items/medals is higher.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

bloodcool wrote:Not sure if anyone has gotten, but i have received 2 hobby-related goals in own town that require to produce a certain item/medal

1st one is to get spiral spill from diving
2nd one is to create red boots from fashion designing..

fortunately, it can be done by multiple Sims so that chance of getting the required items/medals is higher.
Thanks for the Info!
Until now I've gotten 4 new easy goals; snowball fight, grow hamburgers, teen on a soapbox, teen 4 days old meal from the microwave.

I write down my goals since a few days, to compare wording and mentioned times with my old list. They did not change :roll:
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

I had the spiral spill goal last week, but no red boots so far.
New goals are the 24 h fishshathon which I started some hours before the countdown reached zero for the week. Finished it this evening, and it counted towards the new week's key.

After that had a goal to bake waffles. Like the donuts after the teen update, the goal completes even if the waffles burn (thank goodness!) so they seem to have reverted to what it was before the mystery island update. Now doing all-day ice hockey (at 44%).
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)