Mystery Box

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Mystery Box

Post by bloodcool »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:Finally saved up and got my 10th key tonight.
So I opened the Fortune Box. I didn't do the save, repeat, thing... I am OK with what I got, although I am not sure if it was worth a 10 week wait (not a single magma ember!)

Here is what I got:
Simoleons - 3,000 / 3,500 / 2,000 = 8,500 total
XP - 2,000 / 1,500 / 1,500 / 2,000 / 2,500 = 9,500 total - I like this
LP - 6 / 8 / 5 / 5 / 5 / 5 / 6 = 40 is good, half a reindeer!
SP - 8 / 6 - not really using any SP now, have over 100 but saving them for redecorating houses
Bamboo - 2 (don't need those)
Limestone - 3 (don't need those either)
Igneous Rock - 3 (ditto)
Wind - 3 OK, I guess, would rather have had magma embers
"Rare" Items - 1 tan triple garden screen, 1 floral breeze fan (don't really care about those)

Not sure if it's worth it - I probably spent 40 LP skipping 24 hour goals over the last few weeks. I just won't do them. I also won't do the enemy type goals. Maybe if the resources were the rarer ones, it would be worth it, but I don't know if i will continue working for keys.
i appreciate the fortune box for the LP and SP that was given... I do the save and repeat to try to get the best LP and SP returns...
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

bloodcool wrote: i appreciate the fortune box for the LP and SP that was given... I do the save and repeat to try to get the best LP and SP returns...
When you do this, is there a cycle? Like, does it repeat at some point or is it just random? In other words, can you run thru all your choices or do you just take the best deal at some point. I almost have the last key and I'm trying to figure out how, when, do I know I have the best deal. Advice?
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

katgames wrote:
bloodcool wrote: i appreciate the fortune box for the LP and SP that was given... I do the save and repeat to try to get the best LP and SP returns...
When you do this, is there a cycle? Like, does it repeat at some point or is it just random? In other words, can you run thru all your choices or do you just take the best deal at some point. I almost have the last key and I'm trying to figure out how, when, do I know I have the best deal. Advice?
purely random...

XP, simoleons, LP, SP and resources are confirmed items that will appear from fortune box (that's the only type of box I opened), follow by rare items which are home store items usually have to be bought by LP or SP.

For me, rare items are not really a concern, but I care more about LP/SP. So if I get a decent amount of LP/SP, I will accept the box, else I will reset, download and open again... ;)
aylilth
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by aylilth »

Since I've gotten the 10 key/box thing I have not done a goal lol kinda forgot.
GC-Aylilth

Sims freeplay Addict when not working!
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

I finally reached ten keys and got the fortune box tonight, after missing a few weeks' deadlines. Here's what I got:

XP: 2000, 2500, 1500, 2000, 2000, 2000 = 12,000
SP: 4, 25, 4 = 33
LP: 6, 6, 5, 5, 8, 5, 5, 5, 5 = 50
TV show cameo x1
Limestone x1
Magazine photoshoot x3
Gravity dining chair x1
Tokyo dining table x1

The last two 'rare' items I could do without. As I am still working on enough resources for the sim town sign, those and the LPs are appreciated. I'm just not sure it's worth all the time and effort though!
Level 55; Penthouse Update
LucyBoots
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LucyBoots »

mystery box? what mystery box? :roll: stopped with that nonsense 2 months ago....after I had been saving my keys, spent the first one, then started saving, should have had 5 saved, it said 0 I said forget you mystery box. the end.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Opened my 10 keys and decided to look at another. That one had 46 LP but silly "rare" items.. Like two beds. So I want to reset again but I won't let me. Says it matches with current game. So I'm going to bed. Deal with it tomorrow. *sighs*
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

katgames wrote:Opened my 10 keys and decided to look at another. That one had 46 LP but silly "rare" items.. Like two beds. So I want to reset again but I won't let me. Says it matches with current game. So I'm going to bed. Deal with it tomorrow. *sighs*
Usually you save twice, via FB and GC within short time, right? Most time when I want to download, I can do it from one of both accounts. I only log out from the current, then log in to the other.

If you still cannot download from the cloud-button, tap the button with three dots and lines, then the red button "reset". You will be asked, whether you want to start a new game, or download from the cloud. Choose download; then it goes the same way like from the cloud button.

Hope this makes sense :?
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Vanity wrote:Thanks for the reply! I'm curious what the premium items in the more expensive boxes will be. Maybe some new items?
I got the 10 key box recently. I got a lounge chair with blue stripes and a higher end closet which isn't that great but I also got 50 LPs when I added it together so it was worth waiting for.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Itisjustme
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Itisjustme »

so it appears the only thing good about the \keys of the mystery box is the 50 LP you get
game center name metkased12
sims first name margaret
please mention site and u play
level 55 have many deers in 2 houses mult levels homes
all items u need are on the other side of the bridge good luck