"Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by HordePrime »

Terar21 wrote:If you're dedicated, you can earn the LPs pretty fast without having to dip into what you already have.
It's true - you can probably get all the LP required to level the sign up much quicker than actually getting the resources through the new hobby. I'm so tempted to blow all my LP on it now.... but I must... resist... the... urge..... :twisted:

I'm also tired of hearing the same 4 bars of "music" over and over again!

But - good news, a "Radio Interview" resource just showed up randomly after my Teen finished practising his keyboard. - This was NOT part of the hobby but was generated like the monument resources are. So, it is definitely possible to get the Town Sign resources from actions other than the hobby... But possibly only if the teen idol does them? - I had another sim try for ages to get resources and nothing showed up, but this could be just coincidence of course.
Edit - this has happened twice now in 30mins, both times from the Teen (idol). My preteen spent that time twilling into and out of his swimsuit but got nothing.
IMG_0461.jpg
Terar21
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Terar21 »

HordePrime wrote:
Terar21 wrote:If you're dedicated, you can earn the LPs pretty fast without having to dip into what you already have.
It's true - you can probably get all the LP required to level the sign up much quicker than actually getting the resources through the new hobby. I'm so tempted to blow all my LP on it now.... but I must... resist... the... urge..... :twisted:

I'm so tempted too! My sign is at level 2. I MIGHT make it to the end of the night before using LPs lol. And then we have to wait 48 hours for the house to be built. Ugh.
Game Center: terar21

HFN (with teen idol instruments): 1 East Oceanside
Woodworking/Fashion Designing: 12 West Side
Haunted House: 10 West Side
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

HordePrime wrote:

But - good news, a "Radio Interview" resource just showed up randomly after my Teen finished practising his keyboard. - This was NOT part of the hobby but was generated like the monument resources are. So, it is definitely possible to get the Town Sign resources from actions other than the hobby... But possibly only if the teen idol does them? - I had another sim try for ages to get resources and nothing showed up, but this could be just coincidence of course.
Edit - this has happened twice now in 30mins, both times from the Teen (idol). My preteen spent that time twilling into and out of his swimsuit but got nothing.
IMG_0461.jpg
anyone can get the teen idol resource... i got a few from woodworking last night :mrgreen:
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

HordePrime wrote: ...

It therefore seems like you will have to complete the grid a further 30 times in order to get the sign up to level 3. Each time through takes at least 24 hours even if you don't have any repetitions, so it looks like it will take a good month or so of playing non-stop in order to get the mansion (more like twice that long because you won't be playing during the night). That's unless you use LP instead of course, which I imagine almost everyone will.
Completing road to fame gives you 1 resource, so it would take 267 lp to get the sign from 0 to lvl 3.
I'm going to try to be patient and not use lp's to complete the sign.
Which would mean I problably get the mansion in december 2013 depending on luck and available game time.
Though it could as well become january 2014 when my teen makes music like yesterday. Spend 1,5 day on the drum notes as he kept making the drum roll :roll:
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Post by nogard0 »

this really makes me MADDDD !!! the teen idol countdown started BEFORE i had a TEEN !!! i more or less got one read the mags and crap. and when i finished my first music i had 3 days 13 hours to finish. i just i only have 20 or LPs . i spent 5 for a 2 star bass that only decreases the time by 25% ???

i have always finished a challenge in the past with time to spare. NOTHING said the timer was going !!!

this is going to be about strike 7 for this game ... wanna know why i take it slow and easy ??? i have too much on my plate now. this helps me relax. and it basically just lost my interest. like others have said its getting to be no longer being fun.
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Can you do the songs in an HFN? Will it count to unlock things? My HFN has the 3 star instruments and I just had Dora check to be sure they were positioned properly for use (had to turn the drums around). The singing takes the longest, I waited until she got done with the first hour and when there was 1:59 to go I spent an LP to finish and start again until I had all the notes. Fortunately, I only had 1 repeat per instrument, I but it does take a long time, even with the 3 star items.

I wonder why the timer started if you didn't have a teen at the time? Why would it have even been available if you had no teen? That is very strange.

The prize for finishing in time is just more instruments. If they had given us 2 weeks we could have all gotten the 1 star instruments and looked forward to winning the nicer ones, but I only had the weekend to work on it and had to finish, so I blew my LP bank on the 3 star stuff. Will probably regret it as the days go by and I find I need LP for something important - kinda wish I had held off on building that last house, especially since nobody lives in it.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:Can you do the songs in an HFN? Will it count to unlock things? My HFN has the 3 star instruments and I just had Dora check to be sure they were positioned properly for use (had to turn the drums around). The singing takes the longest, I waited until she got done with the first hour and when there was 1:59 to go I spent an LP to finish and start again until I had all the notes. Fortunately, I only had 1 repeat per instrument, I but it does take a long time, even with the 3 star items.

I wonder why the timer started if you didn't have a teen at the time? Why would it have even been available if you had no teen? That is very strange.

The prize for finishing in time is just more instruments. If they had given us 2 weeks we could have all gotten the 1 star instruments and looked forward to winning the nicer ones, but I only had the weekend to work on it and had to finish, so I blew my LP bank on the 3 star stuff. Will probably regret it as the days go by and I find I need LP for something important - kinda wish I had held off on building that last house, especially since nobody lives in it.
you can do the songs in HFN, but i doubt it will count towards the road to fame goals although it will appear in the hobby list
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

bloodcool wrote:you can do the songs in HFN, but i doubt it will count towards the road to fame goals although it will appear in the hobby list
Yes. The best advice is do it only in your own town until you have completed the goals and unlocked the sign. After that, you can do it in other towns too.

Someone on here said that they did it in a neighbour's town and the goal to write so many notes never registered as having completed.
maggie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by maggie »

Still on the quest goal writing 6 songs

Still only got, get repeated after repeated same songs that I have already have 3 . Even after using loads of LP to level sim up to 100 percent also to finish the task faster still don't help to get new songs written
Only 2 days left !

Don't know what's happening .
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Yeah, I'm having a lot of repeats too.Luckily I only need 1 more singing note. Drums took 1,5 days, with the guitar I got lucky as I had no doubles and now almost 2 days of on and off playing to get that last note. I think he is at his eight try or something, I lost count.
And after that do it all again for the resources for the mansion.