(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
dihannah1
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by dihannah1 »

animagif wrote:
dihannah1 wrote:
hiser1974 wrote:Thanks for the tip Hordeprime!
Really could use a break from the music making (and I think my teen will agree).
Going to try it now over at a neigbor who has the monuments completed so I get more xp.
Do you or they mind telling me who has the monuments built? First I am impressed and second, I'd like to try this as well.

TYA 8-)
I have them built. 2 of them up to level 25, the other 2 a bit higher. Febreeze toilet helped a lot. And lots and lots of hobbying for LPs.
I just about gave up on them. I'm to the point, I'll get them when I do. Too much work, with everything else going on. LOL
HFN - Starter Home - Recently updated!
username
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by username »

HordePrime wrote:A tip for everyone:

I've come to the conclusion that having a Teen Idol constantly spinning into and out of their swimming costume (using a wardrobe) is a lot more efficient at getting the resources for the Town Sign than doing the music hobby is.

It's the same method used by some to get resources for the monuments (and it works for those too). I've tried it with a preteen and an adult though and never got anything, but when I do it with a Teen Idol, I get one of the sign resources about every 10-20 minutes or so (plus it's a good way to get XP thanks to the monument bonus).

With the hobby alone, it takes at least 9 hours to get a Magazine Photoshoot resource (usually longer due to repeats), but using the above method you can get one in a fraction of that time!

No guarantees of course - there's a still a lot of luck involved, but give it a try the next time you have a spare half hour or so, you might be surprised how quickly the resources drop (I was)!
Thanks for the tip! I've spent the last two days trying to get the final Electric Guitar Note to earn one lousy Radio Interview and start the collection over.

I'll try this out the next time I sit down in front of the TV. I kind of miss spraying the Febreeze toilet. It was peaceful, so long as one didn't think about the damage to their digital respiratory systems.
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

Has anyone noticed if they get the movie cameo resource by doing random activities like wardrobe changing? I have 9 left to get, while both the radio and photo shoot are way past full. I'm assuming its like the monument and it's just rarer, but I don't think I've gotten any by random drops? Trying to decide if I should just finish up with LP s or be wait it out
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Desiree wrote:Has anyone noticed if they get the movie cameo resource by doing random activities like wardrobe changing? I have 9 left to get, while both the radio and photo shoot are way past full. I'm assuming its like the monument and it's just rarer, but I don't think I've gotten any by random drops? Trying to decide if I should just finish up with LP s or be wait it out
I have definitely got one from the wardrobe thing, but it does seem to be slightly rarer than the others.
IMG_0485.JPG
username
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by username »

Desiree wrote:Has anyone noticed if they get the movie cameo resource by doing random activities like wardrobe changing? I have 9 left to get, while both the radio and photo shoot are way past full. I'm assuming its like the monument and it's just rarer, but I don't think I've gotten any by random drops? Trying to decide if I should just finish up with LP s or be wait it out
I had a teen idol using the wardrobe for a while earlier and got a variety of resources including at least one of each for the sign. I've gotten some sign resources randomly, as well, though not too many.

Without looking to confirm, the third resource for each monument is the rarest. Not too surprising that it's the same for this new one.
For one of the island monuments, my current resource counts are something like 75, 50, and 1...
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

username wrote:Without looking to confirm, the third resource for each monument is the rarest.
The exception being The Riches of Terra where it's the middle resource, Gold, which is the rarest.
(I have well over 500 Pickaxes now but always struggle to find Gold).
JillM929
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by JillM929 »

Hello, I'm new to the site and this is my first Sims game, I was just wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem. I am playing the "Road to Fame" quest and have found all 3 notes on the keyboard. It says I have unlocked the bass guitar, but I can't find it in any of the tabs on my home store. I have force-closed the app to see if that would help, but to no avail.
Any help would be very appreciated, thank you!
TeriPope
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by TeriPope »

Hi Jill
You have to go to the hobby store to get the instruments. Hope this helps!
JillM929
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by JillM929 »

Thank you so much, Teri! I was driving myself crazy looking for it. That's the Promotions 'R' Us store, yes?
TeriPope
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by TeriPope »

Yes! You're welcome!