Post by dihannah1 »

Thanks HordePrime for the answers! :)
HFN - Starter Home - Recently updated!
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

dihannah1 wrote:I went to add another teen adding lyrics and it said only 1 teen idol per town. If I w4ould have said yes, my original would have lost the idol name, but not sure if I'd lose all the notes gained, so kept my one teen plugging away. Just started on the guitar. I didn't know there was a time limit!

Anybody know how much the mansion is? I've been saving simoleons and have over $8 mil. Is that going to be enough, anybody know?
The first teen idol mansion is free, but you have to unlock the sign and level it up to get it. After the first free one, they cost 80 LP, so you can splurge with your Simoleons on something else :)
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by mrs_smartt »

Finally finished my Teen Idol now. Spent about 5 LPs or so to get her to finish things sooner. I only have a few hours to spare. Because I don't want to slave away at the instruments for a little while, I decided Lucii should go to school while I reap the benefits of having her around and get those free instruments for her. I'm having her play her music in an empty house because there isn't any room for her at her parents place.

Now I can finally grow her little sister, Alexis into a preteen and get her started on her ballet lessons. I think she has been a toddler for too long.
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

A tip for everyone:

I've come to the conclusion that having a Teen Idol constantly spinning into and out of their swimming costume (using a wardrobe) is a lot more efficient at getting the resources for the Town Sign than doing the music hobby is.

It's the same method used by some to get resources for the monuments (and it works for those too). I've tried it with a preteen and an adult though and never got anything, but when I do it with a Teen Idol, I get one of the sign resources about every 10-20 minutes or so (plus it's a good way to get XP thanks to the monument bonus).

With the hobby alone, it takes at least 9 hours to get a Magazine Photoshoot resource (usually longer due to repeats), but using the above method you can get one in a fraction of that time!

No guarantees of course - there's a still a lot of luck involved, but give it a try the next time you have a spare half hour or so, you might be surprised how quickly the resources drop (I was)!
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

HordePrime wrote:A tip for everyone:

I've come to the conclusion that having a Teen Idol constantly spinning into and out of their swimming costume (using a wardrobe) is a lot more efficient at getting the resources for the Town Sign than doing the music hobby is.

It's the same method used by some to get resources for the monuments (and it works for those too). I've tried it with a preteen and an adult though and never got anything, but when I do it with a Teen Idol, I get one of the sign resources about every 10-20 minutes or so (plus it's a good way to get XP thanks to the monument bonus).

With the hobby alone, it takes at least 9 hours to get a Magazine Photoshoot resource (usually longer due to repeats), but using the above method you can get one in a fraction of that time!

No guarantees of course - there's a still a lot of luck involved, but give it a try the next time you have a spare half hour or so, you might be surprised how quickly the resources drop (I was)!
Thanks for the tip. My only problem with it is that I get giddy seeing them spin in and out so can't keep it up for too long! :lol:
I had 3 random drops so far, two from the teens on instruments and one today from an adult hugging a cat :D
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

HordePrime wrote:A tip for everyone:

Thank you! Thank you! :D I have been giving this a try for about 10 minutes with two teens (both idols), and have already collected 1 photoshoot, 3 radio interviews, and 3 tv show cameos!! :o :D I used two wardrobes next to each other and just toggled back and forth between the two teens. I may just give up using the instruments altogether until the mansion is built. ;)

I also got a bunch of regular resources, and a lot of magma. Who knew that the teens clothes were so hot! :lol:
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Oh I am going to try that! It's taking forever doing it with the music. I made Dora go back to school so I don't have to listen to that darn singing all day long and we keep getting repeats on the singing part! Three hours each! Wasn't so bad on the keyboard, bass guitar and drums - only one repeat out of 9 attempts, but the electric guitar and the singing I keep getting the same 4 notes over and over! I did get a magma ember when Dora played with her dog before she went to school today, also got one from my homeless Sim doing the challenge and one from Rosmerta hugging her cat. Looks like I need to have everybody try hugging the cats more often, since I am not the only one getting magma embers from that activity!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Thanks for the tip Hordeprime!
Really could use a break from the music making (and I think my teen will agree).
Going to try it now over at a neigbor who has the monuments completed so I get more xp.
dihannah1
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by dihannah1 »

hiser1974 wrote:Thanks for the tip Hordeprime!
Really could use a break from the music making (and I think my teen will agree).
Going to try it now over at a neigbor who has the monuments completed so I get more xp.
Do you or they mind telling me who has the monuments built? First I am impressed and second, I'd like to try this as well.

TYA 8-)
HFN - Starter Home - Recently updated!
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

dihannah1 wrote:
hiser1974 wrote:Thanks for the tip Hordeprime!
Do you or they mind telling me who has the monuments built? First I am impressed and second, I'd like to try this as well.

TYA 8-)
I have them built. 2 of them up to level 25, the other 2 a bit higher. Febreeze toilet helped a lot. And lots and lots of hobbying for LPs.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.