Let's Eat update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Re: Let's Eat update - Changes

Post by ErinPW »

Sereya wrote:That's definately odd that my screen is closing after each whistle when others aren't. I just tried it again and it's still doing it for me.

I noticed something else possibly odd as well during one point this morning when playing my Sim tracker had a double row of Sims but the next time I opened my game it was back to one single long line of Sims. Did this happen for other people too or is something about my game just buggy?
Possibly you could try the troubleshooting advices from the Firemonkeys:
https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/hc/en-u ... nformation

My sim tracker usually shows two sims in a row. At the other tracker with the professions, hobbies and so on, I usually see one sim. Nothing weird happend in my game with the sim trackers.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I'm disappointed that they did not bring back the grey hair for adults, but very happy to see the old clothes back. And even though it costs 12 LP, the ultimate makeover option is nice too...finally I can fix all my sims who have awkward names.

These changes will also make the stupid ageing more bearable now since players can now remake most sims again instead of struggling to save them with platinum orbs.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

HordePrime wrote:All sounds good so far.
Apparently they've changed the zoom or something so that you can't see as much of the house at once?? I'm a bit worried it will make things difficult on my small iPod screen.

Does it still cost 300,000 simoleans for a second story on a house (and 100 LP for a third)?
It seemed like that to me as well. I thought I misremembered it. (Is that a word?) But if you are experiencing it too, it may have changed.

Edit: Ok, it has definitely changed, and is getting annoying. At the farm and pool, it is very noticeable for me.
Last edited by telemwill on 05 Aug 2014, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

ErinPW wrote:The cooking hobby is for teens, too.

Our sims can "call for a meal". Unfortunately it's for three sims only. So if there are more than three sims in a house, a sim has to cook two times.
After eating the meal one plate remains on the table and has to be cleaned. This can be done by teens and adults, preteens refuse.
The first time my sim used the sink in the kitchen. Another plate was carried to the trash can. **Not sure about the difference, yet. My teen had to prepare a meal for herself, because she didn't get from the big plate. When she used the trash can, he became a bit dirty :?

Edit
**Seems they use the trash can if the sink is occupied :?
Does anyone know if seniors can do cooking hobby?
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

SeekerDraconis wrote:
ErinPW wrote:The cooking hobby is for teens, too.

Our sims can "call for a meal". Unfortunately it's for three sims only. So if there are more than three sims in a house, a sim has to cook two times.
After eating the meal one plate remains on the table and has to be cleaned. This can be done by teens and adults, preteens refuse.
The first time my sim used the sink in the kitchen. Another plate was carried to the trash can. **Not sure about the difference, yet. My teen had to prepare a meal for herself, because she didn't get from the big plate. When she used the trash can, he became a bit dirty :?

Edit
**Seems they use the trash can if the sink is occupied :?
Yes, I have a senior doing it for the quest.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

ErinPW wrote:
HordePrime wrote:Apparently they've changed the zoom or something so that you can't see as much of the house at once?? I'm a bit worried it will make things difficult on my small iPod screen.
It seems to me, the zoom in has changed so you can get closer. The zoom out is the same like before I updated.

Edit
The left picture is from one or two weeks ago, the right one I made a few moments ago. I usually don't zoom in for pictures, because I have to cut them for the forum.
This is in fact true for the iPad, but on my Android, it is not possible to zoom out nearly as far as usual. This is very anoying.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: I've submitted a request to the Firemonkeys.
Last edited by Microdot on 05 Aug 2014, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

telemwill wrote:
SeekerDraconis wrote:
Yes, I have a senior doing it for the quest.
Thanks Telemwill! :D
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
1KrazyKanuck
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 1KrazyKanuck »

My sims aren't gaining any progress towards their life dream goals when completing their required tasks. At first I thought it was me but since I did the update not one of my sims has advanced.
Obviously this is another bug but I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet!
Christina
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Christina »

I agree that you dont seem to be able to zoom out as far. It will be difficult to post photos of houses as you can only see small areas. I also have the weather machine problem, I have snow around the edges of the plot, against the fence, but nowhere else.
They have improved the colours on the progress bar for the orbs tho', I had complained that the blue on blue was hard to see. It is now blue on dark grey.
HFN at 1 East Oceanside.
Haunted House
FB - Christina Rn
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

1KrazyKanuck wrote:My sims aren't gaining any progress towards their life dream goals when completing their required tasks. At first I thought it was me but since I did the update not one of my sims has advanced.
Obviously this is another bug but I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet!
That sounds like a terrible bug! My sims in my updated game have advanced in their life dreams.

________

Now the action that your sim needs to complete their life dream has the life dream icon in it instead of the other icons. An nice change, I think, that will help us make sure we are doing the right task!
Life dream to complain on a forum
Life dream to complain on a forum
_________
HordePrime wrote:Does it still cost 300,000 simoleans for a second story on a house (and 100 LP for a third)?
Yes, the prices for additional floors are the same.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update