Let's Eat update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Let's Eat update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

We all know the deal by now - what's new, what's different, what has changed!

(Sorry HordePrime for stealing your gig!)

First major thing - cooking! Now when you click on a stove you have two options. Baking and cooking. Baking brings up the menu we are all familiar with but selecting cooking gives you access (after completing the Bread Winner quest) to the cooking hobby and the items you need to cook to complete it.

After cooking an item you click on the bubble above your sim's head and your sim places a plate on a nearby available surface (if there is no available surface your sim will place the plate on the floor). Clicking on the plate gives the options to "grab a meal" for 10 minutes; "clean up" for 13 secs; or "call to meal" which calls all sims in the house to "grab a plate" at the same time. The sims sit down and eat a meal, with the plate, and food. When they are done an dirty plate remains and has to be "cleaned up".

Here is FM's guide about the new cooking hobby

EDIT - Compilation of info and changes so far (I will add to this)
  • - babies are cheaper
    - Ultimate Make Over (able to change sim's name, gender, and skin tone)
    - new 'Lucky Spin' set up for hobbies
    - clothes! (if you started playing in October or later these clothes will be new to you but for people who had been playing before then - we get out clothes back!)
    - new cooking hobby (reward for completing the grid - Cutting Boards)
    - there is a glitch with the weather machine - on the snow setting the snow falls but there is no snow on the ground
    - new Progressive Computer (§700 after first free one) and Progressive Poster (free)
    - the Mysterious Top in the Carnival is still a mystery
    - the cooking menu can be accessed by tapping on any chopping board, fridge, stove, microwave and toaster
    - Seniors are now able to fish
    - unable to zoom out as far (doesn't seem to affect iPad users?)
Last edited by mockingbird288z on 05 Aug 2014, 17:13, edited 7 times in total.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Let's Eat update - Changes

Post by HordePrime »

mockingbird288z wrote:(Sorry HordePrime for stealing your gig!)
You beat me to it by a minute ;)

Are there any new items or houses?
Has the price of any existing items or houses changed?
mockingbird288z

HordePrime wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:(Sorry HordePrime for stealing your gig!)
You beat me to it by a minute ;)

Are there any new items or houses?
Has the price of any existing items or houses changed?
The price for a baby has been reduced (I was at the max so originally §188,500) to §50,000. I am not sure if this is the new max price or the only price.

I went through all the tabs and all the prices look the same. The house prices are the same - no new houses. There are two new items the Progressive Computer (the first one is free and the subsequent ones cost §700) and the Progressive poster (it becomes available once you get an insurance quote from progressive - a 1 minute option - the poster is free).
Last edited by mockingbird288z on 05 Aug 2014, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Can you do anything with the mystery thing at the carnival now?

Are (any) orbs required for anything new?

Thanks for the info.
mockingbird288z

The lucky spin for the hobbies has changed. The lucky spin is now by row. The first row costs 3 LP; the second row costs 4 LP; the third row costs 5 LP; the fourth row costs 6 LP; the fifth row costs 7 LPs; the sixth row costs 8 LPs.
mockingbird288z

HordePrime wrote:Can you do anything with the mystery thing at the carnival now?

Are (any) orbs required for anything new?

Thanks for the info.
Still can't do anything with the mysterious top. As far as I can tell there isn't anything new that requires orbs.

And more good news - we got our old clothes back!!!!!!!!!
But still no gray hair for adult sims. :(
mockingbird288z

There is a new option when clicking on a selected sim. "Your Ultimate Make Over" costs 12 LPs and it will allow you to change your sim's name and DNA. it gives you access to the create a sim menu where you pick a sim's name, gender, and skin tone. If you end up not making any changes you will be refunded the 12 LP.
mockingbird288z

After completing the Sous Judgmental quest you have to repair the restaurant. The foyer is repaired during the quest for §25,000 and takes 1 hour and 30 minutes. After that you have to clean up and repair the foyer. Once the foyer is complete you can repair the Dining Area for §50,000 3 hours. The dining area also has to be cleaned up. After the dining area is the kitchen. The kitchen costs §100,000 to repair and takes 4 hours and 30 minutes and then some more clean up. After the kitchen is finished your restaurant becomes operational.

To use the restaurant you need to tap on the bar near the kitchen to assign a waiter and select "Wait on Tables" for 10 hours. And to have a sim eat at the restaurant you tap on one the tables and select "Have a Meal" for one hour. Then you also need a chef to cook the meal!

After the restaurant is complete you can repair the Upstairs Lounge for §125,000 and it takes 9 hours. After cleaning the lounge up you can repair the Rooftop Bar for §250,000 and it takes 9 hours. Then more cleaning up.
Last edited by mockingbird288z on 05 Aug 2014, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
Scarletlocs
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Scarletlocs »

mockingbird288z wrote:There is a new option when clicking on a selected sim. "Your Ultimate Make Over" costs 12 LPs and it will allow you to change your sim's name and DNA. it gives you access to the create a sim menu where you pick a sim's name, gender, and skin tone. If you end up not making any changes you will be refunded the 12 LP.

I don't see the option. Where is it? I did the update.
mockingbird288z

Scarletlocs wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:There is a new option when clicking on a selected sim. "Your Ultimate Make Over" costs 12 LPs and it will allow you to change your sim's name and DNA. it gives you access to the create a sim menu where you pick a sim's name, gender, and skin tone. If you end up not making any changes you will be refunded the 12 LP.

I don't see the option. Where is it? I did the update.
You have to tap on the sims with the plumbob over it like with the "Have a birthday" option.
image.jpg