Pet Paradise update

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Pet Paradise update

Post by mockingbird288z » 04 Sep 2014, 02:54

Here's the trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ikvNVGQT0J0

There will be a new personality - Pet Fanatic - meaning that the Barkshire Pet Park will need orbs to build.
0 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Brilliant Backyards Update

mudgenie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Pet Paradise update

Post by mudgenie » 04 Sep 2014, 04:16

mockingbird288z wrote:Here's the trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ikvNVGQT0J0

There will be a new personality - Pet Fanatic - meaning that the Barkshire Pet Park will need orbs to build.
Looks like fun! :D
0 x
New Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the right
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Home Makeover Update

JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher » 04 Sep 2014, 04:18

mudgenie wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:Here's the trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ikvNVGQT0J0

Looks like fun! :D
It does! I'm disappointed there will be more orb grinding though lol. I hope that they don't make most of the orbs you have to get gold and platinum, like the carnival one. Hopefully it will be just bronze and silver. A girl can dream... right? :)
0 x

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW » 04 Sep 2014, 07:41

This preview confuses me. Isn't it one week too early :? Though, I hope it comes out on a tuesday like the one before.

A new hobby, personality and orbs were predictable. Let's hope there are no bad changes.
0 x
Brilliant Backyards, 5.41.4
iOS 12.0.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z » 04 Sep 2014, 08:11

ErinPW wrote:This preview confuses me. Isn't it one week too early :? Though, I hope it comes out on a tuesday like the one before.

A new hobby, personality and orbs were predictable. Let's hope there are no bad changes.
This isn't the first update to come after only 5 weeks and the Let's Eat update was after 7 weeks. And I remember one earlier this year that was very short - 3 weeks or something. In this case though, I think this is only 5 weeks so that we don't end up with a Halloween update in the last week of October... :/

_____

There will be a new Pet Salon where we will be able to buy collars for our pets. There aren't any new breeds, however. :( I am still hoping for a calico cat someday...
0 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Brilliant Backyards Update

syamang
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by syamang » 04 Sep 2014, 10:01

My daughter will be thrilled with this update. She likes her Sims to be all pets, ALL the time! :lol:
0 x
GC: syamang
Level: 55

HH: 3 East Oceanside
HFN: 2 Firehouse Road (with oven fire)

Playing the: "Easter Update"

Sereya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sereya » 04 Sep 2014, 13:15

More orb grinding will definitely stink and if it's a pet update I would love to see new breeds etc so if there aren't any new pets that will stink but it looks like a neat pet park.. Here's to hoping for the best!
0 x
The Mall!
https://www.facebook.com/sereya.dawn.9
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22
Pet Farm - Westside 20

Seniors Update!
facebook.com/SietaSims
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22 (work in progress)
Pet Farm - Westside 21

HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime » 04 Sep 2014, 16:21

More orbs... Sigh.

I would be much more impressed if they simply gave us the tools to create our own pet park; i.e. provide more pet-related furniture in the home store to put wherever and however we liked. That would be a lot of fun.

But this just doesn't do anything for me I'm afraid. In fact, I'm thinking of taking a break from the game for a while. Doing all the quests and life dreams has become a chore, and the rewards you get for eventually finishing aren't worth the bother.... it's just straight on to the next quest and the next set of life dreams.
0 x

SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing » 04 Sep 2014, 17:01

I won't be updating.

Don't get me wrong, I love my pets. But I'm already overwhelmed with all the other orbs tasks there are to do, and still so far behind - and even moreso now that I've started working on saving sims first. Plus the orbs and deaths are taking a toll on me. I need to be able to take my time and not feel as rushed as we've been lately with something new coming up every three weeks.

So until I have some sense of being caught up on the first venues, I plan on skipping orb-updates from now on, and only downloading the non-orb updates. The orb quest-lines can just go into cue until I'm ready.
0 x
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)

indigoace
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by indigoace » 04 Sep 2014, 21:16

I'm not thrilled. I don't mind the orbs, but I actually find the pets quite annoying. In real life I love my cats, but their digital counterparts are way too distracting. Do you still get penalized if you don't pop a cat's ! bubble in time?

I'll do the quest when I have to, but I don't know if I'll bother building the park.
0 x