All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
dippy
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Cooking hobby

Post by dippy »

chamilet wrote:
Lishws720 wrote:In one of my games, I have 20 sims (10 per lot) on two lots, grinding out the cheese and tomato on toast! Once I get through with one group and get them to clean up then cook again, it's time to go to the second lot and collect, clean up and cook. Back and forth, back an forth, it generates a lot of LP, XP, and simoleons in a short amount of time. I even restart their hobbies once they reach 100%, because they rank up so quickly, and they each get 1 LP once they reach rank 6. Once I get tired of playing, I get them to plant something to keep them inspired until I'm ready to play again.

To respond to the original post, I find that the more sims you have working on completing the cooking grid, the faster it gets completed.
Clean up? :lol:
I decided to let thing pile up and in the end my game started going so so so slow, I had to do something to fix it. It took me 4 hours and I'm not joking to clean up all the dishes and that was using the finger swipe tip and cancelling some actions mid way through. I now clean up after each dish although the it pains me. Lol. Hate to think how many dishes I cleaned up I those wasted 4 hours!
GC ID ~dippy~
HFN - Vacant house in front of the bridge (includes pets)
Haunted house - Near Fire station (includes pets)
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

dippy wrote:
chamilet wrote:
Lishws720 wrote:In one of my games, I have 20 sims (10 per lot) on two lots, grinding out the cheese and tomato on toast! Once I get through with one group and get them to clean up then cook again, it's time to go to the second lot and collect, clean up and cook. Back and forth, back an forth, it generates a lot of LP, XP, and simoleons in a short amount of time. I even restart their hobbies once they reach 100%, because they rank up so quickly, and they each get 1 LP once they reach rank 6. Once I get tired of playing, I get them to plant something to keep them inspired until I'm ready to play again.

To respond to the original post, I find that the more sims you have working on completing the cooking grid, the faster it gets completed.
Clean up? :lol:
I decided to let thing pile up and in the end my game started going so so so slow, I had to do something to fix it. It took me 4 hours and I'm not joking to clean up all the dishes and that was using the finger swipe tip and cancelling some actions mid way through. I now clean up after each dish although the it pains me. Lol. Hate to think how many dishes I cleaned up I those wasted 4 hours!
LOL it's like real life when you let the dishes pile up!
I started letting my cook just pile up the dishes too and I had noticed my game being slow but didn't realize that was the reason. Good to know!
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Interesting. I don't know if I've noticed that. I have several cooks at several houses so when I'm watching something on TV and I don't need to be grinding for LPs I'll just take a bunch of sinks out of inventory and place them around the house and then have some Sims over for a cleaning party.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I have started having only 9 out of 10 cooks beginning with the second round. The last cook standing (#10) gets to clean all the dishes. :lol:
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
lemontwist
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by lemontwist »

I had to cleverly design and landscape my cooking house so that there wouldn't be too many spots for the dishes to pile up. I was also noticing it was running really slowly. I noticed that the dishes stopped piling up after a certain radius around the kitchen, so I added flowers outside of the kitchen, and put as many things into adjoining rooms on the border of the kitchen as I could without obstructing doors. If your entire house is just a kitchen, then you can just put flowers or shrubs around the whole thing.
Attachments
Big kitchen...
Big kitchen...
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

lemontwist wrote:I had to cleverly design and landscape my cooking house so that there wouldn't be too many spots for the dishes to pile up. I was also noticing it was running really slowly. I noticed that the dishes stopped piling up after a certain radius around the kitchen, so I added flowers outside of the kitchen, and put as many things into adjoining rooms on the border of the kitchen as I could without obstructing doors. If your entire house is just a kitchen, then you can just put flowers or shrubs around the whole thing.
They don't stop piling up. They just create a giant black hole in one spot.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
lemontwist
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by lemontwist »

chamilet wrote:
lemontwist wrote:I had to cleverly design and landscape my cooking house so that there wouldn't be too many spots for the dishes to pile up. I was also noticing it was running really slowly. I noticed that the dishes stopped piling up after a certain radius around the kitchen, so I added flowers outside of the kitchen, and put as many things into adjoining rooms on the border of the kitchen as I could without obstructing doors. If your entire house is just a kitchen, then you can just put flowers or shrubs around the whole thing.
They don't stop piling up. They just create a giant black hole in one spot.
I just noticed that yesterday....
sm22281
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sm22281 »

It seems to me I need more than just 1 toaster?
GC ID: Joyinmotion
Device: iPad Air
Haunted House
: #22 West Side
HFN: #21 West Side (under development)
Teen idol mansion with musical instruments; a few dogs, cats, & pools.
Sereya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sereya »

sm22281 wrote:It seems to me I need more than just 1 toaster?
One stove and one toaster for each Sim who is cooking the toast recipe and make sure you leave two rows or one free space between each cook, they have to have somewhere to sit the plate down or it will bug out.
The Mall!
https://www.facebook.com/sereya.dawn.9
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22
Pet Farm - Westside 20

Seniors Update!
facebook.com/SietaSims
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22 (work in progress)
Pet Farm - Westside 21