Broom flying hobby....

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Broom flying hobby....

Post by Dellie »

kingston wrote:Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out. I have 2 days left to get the broom but my sim is only 46 percent through level 5, so I think its unlikely I'll have time to level up and find the missing tricks. So, does anyone know if the lucky spin will get me things I havent unlocked yet, or if I will always get the level 5 trick? I want to make it so I minimise lp spent but I also want the mop :(
The lucky spin works on a level, so you could use the level 6 lucky spin to get level 6 items. It costs 6lp per spin for level 6, and you are likely to spin the same items a few times.

You could make a save of your game, do a lucky spin and if you get a repeat, restore your game and try again. That way, it would only cost you 18lp.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
kingston
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kingston »

Dellie wrote:
kingston wrote:Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out. I have 2 days left to get the broom but my sim is only 46 percent through level 5, so I think its unlikely I'll have time to level up and find the missing tricks. So, does anyone know if the lucky spin will get me things I havent unlocked yet, or if I will always get the level 5 trick? I want to make it so I minimise lp spent but I also want the mop :(
The lucky spin works on a level, so you could use the level 6 lucky spin to get level 6 items. It costs 6lp per spin for level 6, and you are likely to spin the same items a few times.

You could make a save of your game, do a lucky spin and if you get a repeat, restore your game and try again. That way, it would only cost you 18lp.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it would work as the last 2 are greyed out as I havent unlocked them yet. I was going to test it, but I have a sim making double smoked pulled pork in a neighbours town, but I will see when he finishes. Thanks :)
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

You have to have leveled up your Sim all the way before you will be able to get the grayed out items.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

chamilet wrote:You have to have leveled up your Sim all the way before you will be able to get the grayed out items.
Unless you use the lucky spin, which gives every item :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Hayley95 »

I finally completed the hobby and got the cleaning mop, thanks to the save and restore tip :)
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55
Diyeni
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Diyeni »

YES ! I too have finally finished the grid thanks to the reset and restore tip. :D I only had 3 days left to complete the grid and my Maleficent is nowhere near completing it. She was only at level 2 going level 3, and I was starting to panic because there is no way she'll be completing it at that pace... So I did the reset and restore tip for the first time (man that was scary! If only I wasn't desperate..) and lucky spinned my way to completion without wasting too much lp. Now I got the mop and its dancing away happily in my supernatural house. Hihi. Thaaanks a lot guys! :D
Feel free to add me on facebook.
(Just add a quick msg that its for Simsfp | No msg. No add. Sorry its a personal acct)
Its http://www.facebook.com/Diyeni
HFN is at 22 Westside
***Town is under construction. Please excuse the mess. Thanks!***
Susu~
Headshot_Harry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Headshot_Harry »

Hayley95 wrote:I finally completed the hobby and got the cleaning mop, thanks to the save and restore tip :)
Me too. Thanks for the tip. I used lucky spin / reset combo. I saw it as the only way for me to complete, the grid in time as the level 6 items were just not coming up and 4hr 30mins is way too long between chances.

Oh well, back to the 'eternal Cat Show' (another poorly setup hobby. It is going to be weeks & weeks & weeks before I complete it!! ) .......
GC : patSh20
HFN #2 Divers Way
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Headshot_Harry wrote:Oh well, back to the 'eternal Cat Show' (another poorly setup hobby. It is going to be weeks & weeks & weeks before I complete it!! ) .......
I think months & months and months would be more accurate. I've given up trying to level up my sim in this hobby and only send them when and if it's convenient.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
dippy
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by dippy »

I levelled my sim up to level 6 yesterday but I still only have 5 of 12 items! 2 on the first line, all 3 on the second and I only have 28 hours left. I knew I'd end up spending LP like the spell casting hobby. It always looked pretty impossible even from the start.

I never considered the reset, restore tip so will definitely give that a go after 3 more 4.5 hour attempts. The mop is going be quite costly in the end.......... I hope future hobbies don't go down the same road, or we'll never gain special items without spending LP
GC ID ~dippy~
HFN - Vacant house in front of the bridge (includes pets)
Haunted house - Near Fire station (includes pets)
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

This broom flying hobby is more harder to complete than spell casting within 7 days due to the shorter time option is 4.5hrs... I only managed to collect 10 with remaining time of 12 hrs (nearing my sleeping time). I therefore did the lucky spin and complete them in 3 tries (including 1 reload)