Anyone able to complete salsa without using LP?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Anyone able to complete salsa without using LP?

Post by ellasweet »

Curious if anyone was able to complete the salsa dancing quest (collect all 12 medals) within the time limit without using any LP at all? I'm on holidays (and have insomnia) so I've pretty much been able to play 24/7 and I still couldn't do it! I have 24 hours to go and need one medal, but I've been needing the last two medals for the last three days and they haven't come up. I gave in and used 10 LP last night to complete the dance as soon as they started, but in those ten times I still didn't get a medal I needed. Today I used 6 LP on a lucky spin and got one new medal. I'm going to keep dancing for the rest of the day and not use any more LP, but when the time starts ticking down I'm probably going to attempt the lucky spin again. I've put so much time into it now that there is no way I am missing out on the prize!
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Anyone able to complete salsa without using LP?

Post by JKCher »

That sucks :( I was able to do it, but I used two couples every time. The last medal I probably had them both going 6 or 7 times before I finally got it. Maybe try a different couple, sometimes with the hobbies if one is having trouble, you use a new Sim and they're able to get the last medal.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Yep I used a load of LP too on this quest as I wasn't going to miss out on the prize after all the time I'd invested in it already. It's a bit of a disgrace really, the medals should be given out a bit fairer. And when we spin for them, the selection should only be from what we haven't already collected instead of making us pay for a medal we already have with LP.

The break dancing hobby is no different either, I have four medals in 2 days. Usually I can have completed a whole grid on diving several times over in that time.
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

I'm only using one couple because I am still orb grinding to get everything completed! I haven't opened up anything in the animal park and have only opened one thing in each of the circus and the arcade. The beach I finally got finished last week! I know I could hold off on the orb grinding while the challenge is on, but the challenges have been coming nonstop lately, and I don't want to put it off any longer :D
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

I was going to mention that if you're spinning for medals, you might be better off to start your couple dancing and then spend 1 LP to speed it up. You get a chance at a medal for only 1 LP instead of a chance for one for 3 LP or 6 LP or whatever it is.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

JKCher wrote:That sucks :( I was able to do it, but I used two couples every time. The last medal I probably had them both going 6 or 7 times before I finally got it. Maybe try a different couple, sometimes with the hobbies if one is having trouble, you use a new Sim and they're able to get the last medal.
Edit after reading mockingbird's post:
Using a different sim/couple can only help, if you have had at least 1 sim on level 6.

The last 3 medals can only be reached by a level 6 dancer.
So using a different sim/couple can only help, if you have at least 1 sim on level 6.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote:
JKCher wrote:That sucks :( I was able to do it, but I used two couples every time. The last medal I probably had them both going 6 or 7 times before I finally got it. Maybe try a different couple, sometimes with the hobbies if one is having trouble, you use a new Sim and they're able to get the last medal.
The last 3 medals can only be reached by a level 6 dancer.
So using a different sim/couple can only help, if you have at least 1 sim on level 6.
I am somewhat confused by what you are saying. As far as I understood all hobbies to be, you definitely need to reach level 6 to unlock all the medals but you don't need to be at level 6 to get the last medals - just have had one sim at level 6. I currently do not have a level 6 salsa dancer anymore but I would still be able to complete the grid. And for the salsa dancing hobby you need to be at level 6 to get the last medal in the 3rd row and the middle and last medal in the 4th row. The first medal in the 4th row is unlocked once any salsa dancer is at level 5.

I did what JKCher is suggesting for the spell casting and broomstick flying hobby and it worked like a dream. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote:[snip]
....all hobbies to be, you definitely need to reach level 6 to unlock all the medals but you don't need to be at level 6 to get the last medals - just have had one sim at level 6. ....
That's what I meant. Sorry for confusion :oops:
Edit to add picture for "The last three medals"
Attachments
image.jpg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

I started a new couple dancing. Four dances so far and still haven't got the last medal. I got killer tap three times :/
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Yeah, I had to use LP too. When I was at a point where I was missing four medals and thought I only had two days left and knew I couldn't play much on one of those days, I started using LP. (It turns out I had three days, though, because I was misreading the ticker - how annoying that it no longer shows the hours except on the last day or two.) I went as far as to get three of the medals by spinning, and ended up with only one medal missing which I was able to get by waiting for them to finish dancing. I tried finishing the dance with LP too but at some point I found spinning to be more effective, because it felt like dancing would just give me the Step by Step medal repeatedly and none of the ones on the last rows that I needed...

But I didn't have to use as much LP to finish this grid as I used for the broomstick flying hobby, and I wasn't even able to complete that despite wasting dozens of LP. That one was annoying.