Anyone able to complete salsa without using LP?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Anyone able to complete salsa without using LP?

Post by bloodcool »

I focused on getting 1 Sim up to level 6 salsa, after which I just work on getting the medals with 2 couples...
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

My two couples danced nonstop for the last 24 hours and the medal never showed up. I had to use lucky spin four times to get it. Have started breakdancing and I'm really not looking forward to the next week!
DollyMixture
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by DollyMixture »

No.Had just over an hour to go with the last 4 medals to get, so had to use a load of LPs. My sim couple had been dancing pretty much non-stop since the start of the quest.

I have posted this on other threads but the Villa requires SP to build. I have none as I don't do the Social part of the game, so it's all been a waste of time and LPs for me. :cry:
Level 54, Game centre id on profile. Castle courtyard open.

HFN - 1 Firehouse Rd, most things, dog and frisbee and cat, oven on fire, boombox, salsa, pool stuff, telescope,movie camera,easel,haunted and magic stuff, fussball,firepole.
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I used quite a few LP, even with two couples dancing. The whole time the quest was going on, I also kept 20 sims constantly woodworking in order to supply enough LP to ne able to do it.

The villa is worth it though, although SP's are a pain.
Bendybanana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bendybanana »

I gave in, in the end. I ended up using about 20 LP to get the missing awards. I think I got off lightly ... I did only use one couple. Now started on the breakdancing. I'm sure it will be the same. Sometimes this game feels like work.
HFN = 21 West Side
Fire pole = 2 Fortune Docks
Haunted House = Volcano View
Dog = 3 West Oceanside
Cat = 4 West Oceanside
Level 55, all updates
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Bendybanana wrote:I gave in, in the end. I ended up using about 20 LP to get the missing awards. I think I got off lightly ... I did only use one couple. Now started on the breakdancing. I'm sure it will be the same. Sometimes this game feels like work.
Breakdancing is a bigger pain than salsa... I could only managed to collect 9 trophies on the 5th day, even though my Sim is already level 6 on 2nd day... After the 9th trophies, all I have been getting are repeated trophies continuously so I gave up and use lucky spin to get the other 3.
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

I have 9 breakdancing trophies with four days to go. I seem to be having more luck with breakdancing than salsa. Sim reached level six on day three, so I think I'm doing okay. Haven't used any LPs yet. I've completed rows one, two and four and need all of the ones from row three.
Simssarah
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simssarah »

I must be really lucky. I got all the Salsa trophies with about 20 hours left and only need one Breakdancing trophy with 4 days to go. I do have a Breakdancer at a neighbours though.
HFN. 4 West Oceanside
Haunted House. 3 East Oceanside
GC paradi61
Holiday Update
AmyCat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by AmyCat »

ellasweet wrote:Curious if anyone was able to complete the salsa dancing quest (collect all 12 medals) within the time limit without using any LP at all..?
I was working on an event last weekend, so couldn't play continuously, but set up my two couples to do long mambas when I'd be busy. Even with two couples dancing 24/7, I still had to use about 20+LP to "fast-forward" through dances; I pulled an all-nighter the last 12 hours, and BARELY finished with 45 min. to go. :-(

Now I'm about 1/3 through Breakdancing, which is going more slowly 'cause only one dancer can go at a time. STILL haven't gotten the first trophy, even though my two dancers (taking turns so they can also get their Life Goals of "Go to work as an Actor/Musician" completed) are at L3 and I've got all the 2nd row. I need to find a neighbor with the Breakdance boom-box... Anyone?

NOTE: My Breakdance boom-box is in the house at #10 WestSide road (the one just east of the Community Center; homeowner icon is a mocha-skinned lady with straight black hair). I don't think a visiting Neighbor SIM can use the Salsa Jukebox (since you need to control two SIMs to get a dancing pair), but I have two now: one in the Teen Idol Mansion (which I've got at #2 Terra Drive on the Island, and occupied by Tony Stark), and the other in the houseboat at #1 Furtune Docks...

The ONE thing I hate MOST about EA is the way they're CONSTANTLY setting up challenges which can't be completed within their time limits without using LP, and always "upgrading" the game to make existing ways to get LP and XP take more work (notice it takes longer now to complete hobbies, esp. Level 5 to 6?). They gave us the ability to choose the Life Dreams for our SIMs... but took away the ability for a permanently-age-paused adult SIM to progress past the 86% mark on an Orb, so they could complete it and let it be used for something, and get a new Orb to work on... then they wonder why people go looking for ways to hack/cheat the game to get free LP... :-(
https://www.facebook.com/AmyCat.Alys
HFN (3-star gear, Dog and Cat, oven fire, etc.): Starter house.
Haunted House: #2 Diver's Way (S. of Swim Center).
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

I had to use about 20-25 LPs to finish it. I tried both, the lucky spin and the short dancing with finishing it immideately and various combinations of both. But the trophies showed up in the same order again and again. So I think actually the cloud saving and restoring for a new trophy does not work anymore (made the same experinced with the Teen Idol on this game and the magician and broom flying on another game). On said second game I didn't bother with finishing Salsa in time since I have all places built and this couple is still missing three trophys as per today. I'll have them dancing all the time though (the Long version in the night, the shorter during day) and Level 6 is long ago reached.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London