Mall Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
starrywonder
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Mall Update - Changes

Post by starrywonder »

simmer wrote:Does anyone know if the burger bar will be available to build if the time limit runs out?

Mall update is awesome :-)
I dont know. It allows you to build it when you finish in the quest time of 7 days. That's a good question. Mine is building now and it takes 16 hours and 40,000.
Updated for Sunset Mall.

I have the Arcade, Public Beach, Horses, Carnival, and Pet Park.

HFN at 1 Diver's Lane
Firepole at 2 Firehouse Road
Dog at 2 Firehouse Road
Cat at 22 West Side
Most houses have every item you need.
starrywonder
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by starrywonder »

Hayley95 wrote:I haven't built the mall yet but just wanted to know how much do most of the clothes cost? Like are they really expensive or just a few thousands like in the costume shop?

Some are expensive around $2,500-3,000 seems to be the average. Most expensive item I saw was a woman's halter for 6 lp and a woman's blouse for 3 sp.

I spent more than 2 million simoleans to buy all clothing not associated with LPs or SPs.

I will eventually go back and get those items too.
Updated for Sunset Mall.

I have the Arcade, Public Beach, Horses, Carnival, and Pet Park.

HFN at 1 Diver's Lane
Firepole at 2 Firehouse Road
Dog at 2 Firehouse Road
Cat at 22 West Side
Most houses have every item you need.
simmer
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by simmer »

starrywonder wrote:
simmer wrote:Does anyone know if the burger bar will be available to build if the time limit runs out?

I dont know. It allows you to build it when you finish in the quest time of 7 days. That's a good question. Mine is building now and it takes 16 hours and 40,000.
I'm still on the quest, think nearly half way through with 5 days left so hopefully will get it all done in time cos really want the burger bar. Is building the bar part of the quest and the time limit?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

simmer wrote:
starrywonder wrote:

I'm still on the quest, think nearly half way through with 5 days left so hopefully will get it all done in time cos really want the burger bar. Is building the bar part of the quest and the time limit?
The Pickle Sauce burger bar is the limited time reward for completeing the quest within in the time limit. When you complete the quest the icon to build it will appear on the left side of the second floor. If you don't finish in time I am guessing the icon will never appear.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

starrywonder wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:It's a small thing but it seems sims can't use the bathrooms at the Snow Park and the Community Center. You can tap on the bathroom and select the action but the sims refuse.

Really? I just tried and it did. One issue I had was cleaning at the restaurant. It kept defaulting to eat meal one hour. I had to hit the dirty plate just right for it to kick in.

Adelaide, recently freed from the Cat Show hobby, tested it again today and in my game she couldn't use the bathroom. Her niece came over and tested too.
image.jpg
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
AmyCat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by AmyCat »

One thing I've noticed: they've devalued the Competition Center rewards. :-(

Since updating to the Mall version, I've had two SIMs use the Competition Center. Both were at the highest level for their hobby (L. 6 in Arcade Games and L.6 Quilting). Both were ACTIVELY practicing their hobby (as in, all the time they weren't at school for the Teen arcade player, and ALL the time for the senior Quilter).

Before the current Update, a SIM at Level 6 (or higher levels for top at their Hobby for the oens like Fishing & Ghost Hunting that go above L.6) would get either 1st (3 LP) or 2nd (1LP) at the Competition Center whenever they competed. ;)

However, BOTH of these SIMs only got 3rd. place (no LP) prizes. :(

If I can't get LP from the Competition Center, I'm better off having those SIMs practice their Hobbies for 24 hours, because then they can fill an achievement "grid" and get LP that way! :evil:
https://www.facebook.com/AmyCat.Alys
HFN (3-star gear, Dog and Cat, oven fire, etc.): Starter house.
Haunted House: #2 Diver's Way (S. of Swim Center).
SkiGirl311
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by SkiGirl311 »

Hello all, I've built my mall, completed the quest,cleaned up the area to the right of the directory, and finished my catwalk. I can't get to the area on the left side of the directory though. I can see there are things to be cleaned up in this area, but there's no "button" like there is for mall areas 3, 4, & 5. Anyone able to access this section?
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

Just click on the individual items to begin cleaning/repairing/unpacking.
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
2012bethany
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 2012bethany »

I'm having the same issue - it won't let me click on the items (there is a barrier) and there is no icon to open the second area - could this be a glitch? has anyone else opened the area to the left of the directory? BTW - I finished the Catwalk Modeling hobby grid (used a lot of LP) and still that area is not accessible :(
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

Looks like the button was forgotten for some reason, but I'm sure it'll be fixed soon...
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC