Mall Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Mall Update - Changes

Post by LovemySims »

Oh great so I've started to build the thing now and there's glitches with it? Typical. Mine won't be finished for another two days however.
Wait, wait, wait. You would think we'd have to wait less time for having more buildings built already as it means we've been playing longer.
That's what gets on my nerves with this game, the time you've got to wait for things.
2012bethany
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 2012bethany »

Here's a change I just discovered - before the Mall Quest, if I had a baby, you could advance their age for free at any time and they appeared under Life Dreams with a statement along the lines of "babies are too young to have life dreams. Advance to the next stage of life..."
Today, I went to age my baby and it now requires 2 LP (at this point - baby was born a couple days ago) and the baby doesn't appear under the life dreams tab.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

2012bethany wrote:Here's a change I just discovered - before the Mall Quest, if I had a baby, you could advance their age for free at any time and they appeared under Life Dreams with a statement along the lines of "babies are too young to have life dreams. Advance to the next stage of life..."
Today, I went to age my baby and it now requires 2 LP (at this point - baby was born a couple days ago) and the baby doesn't appear under the life dreams tab.
A sim of any age only appears in the life dreams tab if they have a personality. Babies still age for free via the life dreams tab if they have a personality.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SquareC

Post by SquareC »

2012bethany wrote:Here's a change I just discovered - before the Mall Quest, if I had a baby, you could advance their age for free at any time and they appeared under Life Dreams with a statement along the lines of "babies are too young to have life dreams. Advance to the next stage of life..."
You can also tap on the baby and select the option to have a birthday. It works whether or not you have a personality chosen.
mockingbird288z

SquareC wrote:
You can also tap on the baby and select the option to have a birthday. It works whether or not you have a personality chosen.
To use the "have birthday" way you need to bake a cake (costs 5LP) for 24 hours beforehand.
2012bethany
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 2012bethany »

OMG - Thank you mockingbird! After reading your response, I went back and looked at my baby again - I can't believe that I forgot to give him a personality! I gave him one and then was able to age up to a toddler .... Thank you!
Sherry
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sherry »

AmyCat wrote:One thing I've noticed: they've devalued the Competition Center rewards. :-(

Since updating to the Mall version, I've had two SIMs use the Competition Center. Both were at the highest level for their hobby (L. 6 in Arcade Games and L.6 Quilting). Both were ACTIVELY practicing their hobby (as in, all the time they weren't at school for the Teen arcade player, and ALL the time for the senior Quilter).

Before the current Update, a SIM at Level 6 (or higher levels for top at their Hobby for the oens like Fishing & Ghost Hunting that go above L.6) would get either 1st (3 LP) or 2nd (1LP) at the Competition Center whenever they competed. ;)

However, BOTH of these SIMs only got 3rd. place (no LP) prizes. :(

If I can't get LP from the Competition Center, I'm better off having those SIMs practice their Hobbies for 24 hours, because then they can fill an achievement "grid" and get LP that way! :evil:
I used the competition center two days ago and earned 3 LP's. However I rarely use it, so maybe I got lucky. I spent $$ on LP's which is dumb.
tigertigercait
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tigertigercait »

Here's something new: you can now change a busy Sim's clothes by going to one of the stores! It opens in the "store" tab but if you tap the "wardrobe" tab you'll be able to select any Sim and change any of their clothes. (Before you could buy a Sim a new outfit which was sold in that store, but you couldn't get them to change into regular clothes without having them idle so that they could use the "browse clothes" action on a dresser or wardrobe.)
Neighbor info is on my profile here!
SkiGirl311
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by SkiGirl311 »

Simsational wrote:Looks like the button was forgotten for some reason, but I'm sure it'll be fixed soon...
I hope so! :-) glad I'm not the only one seeing this issue.
mockingbird288z

tigertigercait wrote:Here's something new: you can now change a busy Sim's clothes by going to one of the stores! It opens in the "store" tab but if you tap the "wardrobe" tab you'll be able to select any Sim and change any of their clothes. (Before you could buy a Sim a new outfit which was sold in that store, but you couldn't get them to change into regular clothes without having them idle so that they could use the "browse clothes" action on a dresser or wardrobe.)
I'm happy they brought this ability back! I have missed it. Before the Neighbors update you could change a busy sim's clothes buy taping a button with a sim icon on it. It got replaced with the globe icon that takes you to the party boat. I stopped changing my sim's clothes when they had to be idle to do it.
Wardrobe button where the globe icon is now
Wardrobe button where the globe icon is now