Post by DelDel »

You're welcome, happy to help!
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Royalty Update - Changes

Post by +.jana.+ »

lollipop369 wrote:
My elementary probability math is rusty, but since you can't be friends with yourself 34x33=1122 individual relationships, times the total gained for friendly (750), romantic (1550), and unfriendly (450) relationships. Notwithstanding, of course the different levels between teenagers, preteens, and toddlers. I prefer everyone to be friends, so if all 34 people were adults=841,500 XP. That's awesomesauce!

(Can someone fact-check my math? Esteemed honors student with a procrastinator nature now makes me lazy for math :roll: )
Disclaimer: I accidentally clicked "!" first instead of the quote button, so I hope I did not "report you" unwantedly :oops: Sorry if I did! - But I could not resist and must have tried to count this!!! :lol:

Result: Those 34x33 would be too optimistic, although the resulting number will still be awesome. :) By using 34x33 formula you count all relationships twice: relationship of sim A and B vs. B and A - that is still the same one relationship. I wanted to make sure that it's exactly it (i.e .we can simply divide your result by two), so the verification is below.

So we need to count number of pairs - let's imagine various scenarios:

3 sims A, B and C:
- AB, AC
- (BA already counted), BC
- (CA already counted, CB already counted)
= 3 relationships between 3 sims

4 sims A, B, C and D:
- AB, AC, AD
- (BA already counted), BC, BD
- (CA already counted, CB already counted), CD
- (DA, DB, DC already counted)
= 6 relationships between 4 sims

...so the pattern shows us that to get the sum of relationships, we will need to make a sum of integers from 1 to (limit minus 1):
for 3 sims it is 1 + 2 = 3 = relationships
for 4 sims it is 1 + 2 + 3 = 6 relationships
for 5 sims it is 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10 relationships

etc, so we need to count it as 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + 33.

As I'm too lazy to count that, I asked arithmetic progression for help: a sum can be found by taking the number n of terms being added (i.e. 33), multiplying by the sum of the first and last number in the progression (1+33=34), and dividing by 2, i.e. 33x34 / 2 = 561.

Which is exactly half of your original 1122 number of relationships - theory confirmed.

But that is still an amazing number of relationships! :)

BTW - the fastest way to make all sims Best Friends is to send all sims to the night club, and have them dance together! 8-)
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There are a few weekly goals which require lower friendships, "dislike each other" and "nemisis". If you don't want to skip those goals, and don't want to work hard on them, it might be better to have at least a few sims who don't know each other and a few, who are only "friends" and "good friends".
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

ErinPW wrote:There are a few weekly goals which require lower friendships, "dislike each other" and "nemisis". If you don't want to skip those goals, and don't want to work hard on them, it might be better to have at least a few sims who don't know each other and a few, who are only "friends" and "good friends".
Absolutely - and that's why I have Mr. Nasty and Ms. Nice, both having various levels of either friends or enemies both in my city and in Another Sim Town, and I never let them go to the night club so that they don't make unwanted best friends :D
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Madlyaddicted »

I have been doing the archery hobby with 2 Sims twice a day for MONTHS now and it is such a chore and insanely frustrating to wait 7 hours and still not get anything. It's now taken me so long that my poor 2 sims who had abandoned their families and jobs have now grown old and can't continue with the hobby which is a pain as they were of course a level 6 after all this time and the poor 'newbies' are starting back at level 1 so is there any chance they can get the last 2 level 6 things? How much is the stupid castle going to cost me after all this effort? I am trying to save up for the new camping thing so that will probably have to wait another year. This game infuriates me.... I'm still trying to get life orbs to get fairground stuff, have NO pet park, and hardly no other hobbies like snorkelling or things on the pier. Rant over.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

Madlyaddicted wrote:I have been doing the archery hobby with 2 Sims twice a day for MONTHS now and it is such a chore and insanely frustrating to wait 7 hours and still not get anything. It's now taken me so long that my poor 2 sims who had abandoned their families and jobs have now grown old and can't continue with the hobby which is a pain as they were of course a level 6 after all this time and the poor 'newbies' are starting back at level 1 so is there any chance they can get the last 2 level 6 things? How much is the stupid castle going to cost me after all this effort? I am trying to save up for the new camping thing so that will probably have to wait another year. This game infuriates me.... I'm still trying to get life orbs to get fairground stuff, have NO pet park, and hardly no other hobbies like snorkelling or things on the pier. Rant over.
As long as you have the level 6 "medals" of the grid unlocked, which happens when a sim reaches level 6 in the hobby, then any sim will be able to collect the level 6 "medals" regardless of what level the new sim is on.

So a level 1 archer can get any of the "medals" in the grid, because all the "medals" in the grid were unlocked once your sim reached level 6.
gsingler
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by gsingler »

Hit the sign out side the mall and u can buy what unwant