[EVENT] Sleepwear

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Sleepwear quest

Post by telemwill »

Perturbee wrote:It's easier when you do it also at a neighbour's catwalk! Two Sims is a lot faster and the event is achievable without LPs this way.

The total time needed (with one Sim) is:
5 rounds of average 17 turns of 3 hours and 15 minutes. This adds up to 11 and a half days of non-stop catwalking. Nobody can do it non-stop, but I think this is the math they used for the event.
Ok, I started a Sim at a neighbor's mall. I hate not being able to save as often though. Hopefully, there will be no problems.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Perturbee wrote: They have shown the tendency to make everything extremely expensive these last two updates. The Mall is a good example, but the Castle as well. You have to build the mall (thus pay), unlock areas (and pay again), unlock stores (and pay again)
I feel like this is in direct response to the backlash against the introduction of orbs. As if they're saying, "Fine...you wanted alternate ways to open venues and content? Here you go!"

I didn't start early enough to have the big daily reward but I've played long enough to have a big enough stash of LPs/SPs/$$ (largely thanks to the help of this forum :D ) to get through the latest expensive quests but I really feel for the new players. I wouldn't want to start over again!
Updated town info in profile
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Perturbee wrote:The biggest surprise was the 100LP slap in the face with the Easter egg baskets which used to be only 1LP and don't offer anything except a 5 seconds egg snack (which doesn't inspire a Sim, which you could expect for that kind of price).
A "slap in the face" is the perfect way to describe the price of the Easter basket this year. Even if the 1LP price last year was the sale price that would mean that the regular price was just 2 or 3LP since sale prices have always been half off the original price. I remember the price of the holiday items cost more in 2013 than they did in 2012 but the price difference was nothing like the hike in the price of the Easter egg basket.

telemwill wrote: Ok, I started a Sim at a neighbor's mall. I hate not being able to save as often though. Hopefully, there will be no problems.
I hate it, too! But since I haven't been able to play much today it hasn't bothered me as much and I've been able to put a little more of a dent in the 3rd collection than I would have if I was only using one sim. I haven't had any problems, so far. I've even completed two collections while at a neighbor's and the goals to complete a set were validated. I had to go back to my town to get the next goal but that didn't hurt anything. Hopefully it stays that way. Keeping my fingers crossed!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Okay, so, I just got my first set (toddlers). I used about 18 LPs doing the 'wait 15 mins and skip' method, and it took about 2 days. Since I was barely able to log on yesterday, I'm a bit behind where I want or should be.
I have 6 of my Sims grinding out LPs doing the Cooking hobby, cause I don't have ghost hunting yet so Cooking gives the most LPs quickest for me. Hopefully I'll have enough to finish this!

I can't do the cloud save and/or neighbor catwalk methods because I don't have the account(s) to connect it too. Why we can't use Google accounts like for plenty other games irritates me big time, especially during these big, nearly impossible quests.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

Neighbors!! Thanks Perturbee!!!
I hadn't thought about it!! :D

I'm 4 days in and haven't even completed the first grid xD.
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
markmi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by markmi »

I've been running two sims continuously (except at night) since the quest started and have managed to unlock toddler and teen pyjamas. Yes, the teen stuff came after the second round. At this rate I should be able to finish the five rounds without using LP. Threw a teen pyjama party this afternoon....quite funny.

Someone wrote that it is important to always finish the quests in the same order, so I first do the one at the neighbors mall, then the one at mine. Seems to work for me.
20150413_131553.jpg
FB: mark.sim.37853
GC: [Mark_Sim]

Quest house is in the lower left corner!
indigoace
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by indigoace »

Now that I've got my toddlers in sleepwear, I've noticed that if they sleep in an adult bed, they'll stretch and yawn after they get up, but they don't after sleeping in a toddler bed.
Noodle doodle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Noodle doodle »

This has been another boring over and over again quest for the sleepwear.
I've used about 80 precious LPs trying to finally get these outfits as I can't spend every day on the iPad...it's totally unreasonable.
What with still attempting to save my sims with Platinum Orbs, I never get a chance to actually *play* the game, as I am constantly grinding away to get to the end. Then a lot of the time they age up and are useless seniors, so now I have an Aging population of seniors who are useless as their hobbies are crappy...why can't a senior dressmake, woodwork, or skate, or cast darn spells, or even ghost-hunt? It's ridiculous...I'm classed as a senior, and I can do all of the youngsters hobbies - no sweat, so why must they resort to fishing, cooking or flipping bird feeding, or quilting! Aaaaaargh! I'm fed up with this limitation nonsense!
I use d to love to create nice homes and enjoyed designing the gardens etc, but now don't get to do that anymore. My little guys are like hamsters on a wheel - going nowhere fast!
Freeplay! The clue is in the name, but it's not free at all... :twisted:
Greed play would be a more fitting name! If you want stuff you have to pay for it With LPs or $'s, or pay with emotional tears of frustration.
Rant over...sorry guys
Noodles x :|
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
"We make plans and God laughs" .... :lol:
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Yes, it is boring. Building the castle is too. I still haven't gotten my last statue built. I wish they would stop these long drawn out quests. We need time in between to actually enjoy what we have earned.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

I agree Telemwill. There IS no playing anymore. Designing, building, deciding on how I want MY town to look. Who has time? The golden years of SimsFreeplay are gone. I still love designing houses but everything is so expensive I have to be cautious because I'll need a biz zillion of everything at the next quest to keep the game up-to-date!!! It used to be like paper dolls. I'd play with them and dress them and we'd go do Tai Chi on Satirday morning, or go to the restaurant, the one I build one boat not the they made up clean up to build. There'd be pool parties. I'd go visit neighbors and look at their towns for good ideas and just to see their Sims and earn SP. Who has time for that??? I DO love the game so I'm still playing but it's mostly more like work, a task, one I often dread. The. Once every few weeks maybe... I redesign something or play. Nothing to be done but complain. I guess the masses want the quests and complain in between about being bored, *shrugs* oh well... For now I play when I can but eventually I can see this will go away....
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll: